It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It's A Literal S#ithole" - San Fran Sees Over 16,000 'Feces Complaints' In One Week

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrSensible
My wife and I lived in SF while we were in college a few years ago. We lived in a 1 bedroom and survived on about 30k a year. And I do mean "survived".

Regardless, 30 million is a lot of money. How many people here would be in favor of redirecting that money to providing free food/housing for those homeless people so that they weren't sh*tting on the sidewalks? I bet you could spend a lot less than 30 million doing it.

Don't answer that, because I already know what the overwhelming answer to this question is. 99% of the people on this site would rather see 30 million dollars pissed away every year, rather than see anyone, anywhere (least of all a filthy homeless person), get anything for free.

What was the point of this thread? To sh*t on San Francisco? A bunch of homeless people beat you to it.

originally posted by: xBWOMPx
Thats because its not free. There are plenty of jobs, why should i have to pay for someone else who could work but chooses not to and #s on a side walk...

You don't listen well. I told you not to answer because I already knew what you would say. I don't even know who you are and I predicted, correctly, that you wouldn't think logically about this issue.
edit on 6-7-2018 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2018 by MrSensible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Having read the posts, watched the videos, and living on the West coast, east coast and in the midewest, along with the south west, the following can be stated:

Interesting postings, however more is the pity, that there are far more issues that are present and many seem to think that this is a political issue, when it is not. Where ever there is a major city center, there is going to be a homeless population. And as sad as it is, the reasons for such, often break down to the different groups that end up homeless on the streets. The first primary group that one would find, happens to be those with mental health issues. Now as some pointed out, that this is the democrats fault, yet, looking at the homeless with mental health issues, that goes back to republican policies, that closed down the mental health hospitals, where many of them had lived and were then turned out onto the street. They have no advocate, often barely surviving on what every they can find.

Then there are those who are addicted to substances, either alcohol or drugs or both. They live, pan handle, collect anything for money, and choose to remain there.

The next group, are military veterans who have serious issues, unable to function in a normal setting, often forgotten and finding life in such a state.

There are those who have fell on bad times, and never recovered, where the help is far and few between. Or those who have dropped out of society. And finally those who have criminal records and back ground, unable to find housing or even employment, forced to live on the streets.

All of those living in these cities, faced with discrimination and a city trying to balance the rights of those who are homeless, the residents and businesses that are often all at odds.

The first problem is location of services. Many times the cities are trying to design services and housing where all are close to help these people. However, when they try to put up such the fight is between the residents and the city, with the not in my backyard fights going on, where fear, ignorance and lies often dominate the headlines and such is defeated. Businesses are helpless, as there are not enough facilities for homeless to use for restrooms around, which results in homeless having to defecate on the streets and sidewalks. Added to the mix the rise of addicts, it would be estimated that are starting from prescription drugs, that are now having to go where the drugs are.

Society is cruel, if one has a criminal record, where many places will deny renting or employment if a person has a criminal record, often forcing such onto the streets.

This is not a political issue as some would suggest, but a society issue. People want cheaper taxes, and so they cut the very programs that would help out these very people. We do not forgive those who have criminal backgrounds, often punishing such again, even though they have paid their debt to society, and are often forced to recommit crimes to survive or just to scrape by to survive. And the result of the very laws and policies have created this mess that is now appearing in more and more big cities all around the country.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Whoa whoa whoa, I didn't see anything in your post about how awful liberals are and how they're ruining America! No star for you!

Your facts or critical thinking skills aren't welcome here, this is a right-wing virtue signalling thread! We're here to identify issues and find a way to blame liberals/millennials/Obama&Hillary* for it!

*No one ever blames Joe Biden, whatsup with that?

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   

My wife and I lived in SF while we were in college a few years ago. We lived in a 1 bedroom and survived on about 30k a year. And I do mean "survived".

Regardless, 30 million is a lot of money. How many people here would be in favor of redirecting that money to providing free food/housing for those homeless people so that they weren't sh*tting on the sidewalks? I bet you could spend a lot less than 30 million doing it.

Don't answer that, because I already know what the overwhelming answer to this question is. 99% of the people on this site would rather see 30 million dollars pissed away every year, rather than see anyone, anywhere (least of all a filthy homeless person), get anything for free.

What was the point of this thread? To sh*t on San Francisco? A bunch of homeless people beat you to it.

Thats because its not free. There are plenty of jobs, why should i have to pay for someone else who could work but chooses not to and #s on a side walk...

You don't listen well. I told you not to answer because I already knew what you would say. I don't even know who you are and I predicted, correctly, that you wouldn't think logically about this issue.

But i did say something soooo now what? Does this mean we become best friends, are we gonna play twister or are you going to tell me i need to give my money away to homeless people who refuse to work and s*hit on sidewalks? WAIT... Dont answer, i know the answer to this...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Sounds like a real sh#t storm is a'comin. I guess I can knock San Francisco off my bucket list.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
It's the entire Left Coast, not just SF. From San Diego to Seattle.

Bout time it falls into the ocean.

Sometimes words are not enough...

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:09 AM
link   

But i did say something soooo now what? Does this mean we become best friends, are we gonna play twister or are you going to tell me i need to give my money away to homeless people who refuse to work and s*hit on sidewalks? WAIT... Dont answer, i know the answer to this...

Now we both smear butter on our nipples and kiss. I don't know how you knew I would say that, but I sure would like to play the lotto with you sometime.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSensible

And I thought I was weird with my burger fetish..

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

And the best part, every little crackhouse craphole in SF has a property market value of over a cool million

Nobody listens to my idea to frack CA off the mainland and push her adrift.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:18 AM
link   
BIG UPDATE:

California's Democratic Party is planning to almost eliminate homelessness, by paying a Universal Cash Income to all citizens of the state!

YEAH!!: www.cnbc.com...
edit on 7/6/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Now all Californians will receive free cash, not just the Illegals. yay.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I think you meant to make a new thread for this. You know, so we can all blame liberals and give each other more stars. I mean, you're just not thinking straight, here.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Weird! I didn't know the "American Dream" had anything to do with more welfare and handouts.

I'm old-fashioned though..Grandpa taught me that hard work earns you a good living, god rest his gentle soul.

edit on 6-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Weird! I didn't know the "American Dream" had anything to do with more welfare and handouts.

I'm old-fashioned though..Grandpa taught me that hard work earns you a good living, god rest his gentle soul.

Your grandpa lied to you.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Your grandpa lied to you.

Yeah, no.

Damn hippy losers e'erywhere. God love em.

edit on 6-7-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I saw one once in the UK after a night out.
It was huge...we were are arguing whether it was human or something else,my mate took a photo of it for prosperity.
16k in one week that's a lot of poop.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   

from the link you posted
More yays

Once the world is on this system, Voting will be made obsolete.
edit on 6-7-2018 by JugHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Go dig me a 40 cubic foot hole with a spoon. I promise it will be very hard work. Tell me how much of a good living you get out of it.

I didn't even have to work hard to disprove your granpappy.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:39 AM
link   

a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Go dig me a 40 cubic foot hole with a spoon. I promise it will be very hard work. Tell me how much of a good living you get out of it.

I didn't even have to work hard to disprove your granpappy.

Ok champ

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Sometimes I wished I lived in a brainless utopia like you do, free from thought and consequence, ignorance is bliss and all that ,it would be far easier than my current path.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join