It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Al Qaeda Tape: Show Us Respect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:29 PM
link   
A video aired on Al-Jazeera television purportedly showed al Qaeda No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahri. In his speech, he denounced U.S. calls for reform in the Middle East and urged that the West respect the Islamic world. Using the U.S. military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba as an example he claims that it "explains the truth about reforms and democracy that America is allegedly trying to impose in our countries".

www.cbsnews.com
AP) Al-Jazeera television aired a videotape Sunday purporting to show al Qaeda No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahri denouncing U.S. calls for reform in the region and urging the West to respect the Islamic world.

Al-Zawahri, who appeared sitting on the ground and in front of a brown background, said the U.S. military prison in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, "explains the truth about reforms and democracy that America is allegedly trying to impose in our countries."

"Reform is based on American detention camps like Bagram, Kandahar, Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib, it will be based on cluster bombs and imposition of people like Karzai and Allawi," he said, referring to Afghan President Hamid Karzai and Interim Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It interesting to see someone other than Bin laden on a tape. Both he and Ayman al-Zawahri are rumored to still be hiding out near the Afghanistan / Pakistan border. Nor has this tape been authenticated by anybody. But they call for respect is interesting. While I have not seen the tape itself and nor did Al-Jazeera air the tape in its entirety, no threats were overtly uttered. in fact at one point he indicated that real security lies with working with the nations of Islam. Is this a sign that they are softening their stance?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Here we go again?

How many 'new' taped threats from Al-Qaeda have we seen now?

I think the closer we are to ending their group's capabilities to stage major attacks the more desperate they become.

This could be a signal to launch attacks.. how many times have we heard that?

I think we've shown them too much respect so far... they are still among the living.

It seems that the only real viable weapon Al-Qaeda has now is sending out taped propaganda.

Only time will tell of course.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:47 PM
link   
all muslims want respect. What they dont understans is that you are never going ot get any when oyu keep blowning things up in acts of terror

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I think these people sound a lot like cartmen in the South Park episode where he is the police officer RESPECT MY AUTHORTAY!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Respect - Fundamentalist Islam does not understand the difference between fear and respect. You can spread fear and keep people in line using fear but that is not respect. You can decapitate people's heads and show it over the internet. That may strike fear in the hearts of you enemy but not respect. Respect is earned through love not through fear.
Islam does not have or deserve ANY respect because of fundamentalism.
Currently, Islam causes disgust and hatred in the west.
If they want respect they should stop terrorism and strive for peace through appeasement. They should accept a Jewish country in the middle east and embrace it. They should stop persecuting Christians and allow them to live respectfully and maybe even allow them an autonomy.

That will gain respect.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JudahMaccabbi

Oh come on, if Islam deserves no respect then neither should Judaism as they have their fair share of fundamentalists. Christianity, in particular Catholicism, should cause revultion in those that object to fabulously wealthy hypocrites preaching humility and charity to some of the worlds poorest people. Not to mention sexual abuse and fundamentalism in the USA.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by subz

Oh come on, if Islam deserves no respect then neither should Judaism as they have their fair share of fundamentalists. Christianity, in particular Catholicism, should cause revultion in those that object to fabulously wealthy hypocrites preaching humility and charity to some of the worlds poorest people. Not to mention sexual abuse and fundamentalism in the USA.

It never ceases to amaze me that you can rationalize the baser human actions by saying, "Look! I can be evil because you are".... Bull da-da!

When will we realize that until we can quit dealing with large chunks of people and start dealing with inidivuals and holding each individual responsible for his/her actions that we will never ... ever .... make any headway in dealing with these types of issues?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
It never ceases to amaze me that you can rationalize the baser human actions by saying, "Look! I can be evil because you are".... Bull da-da!

I think you misunderstood my post, where did I say that Islamic fundamentalists can do what they like because Jewish and Christian elements comit crimes as well? Let me help you, I never did.

I was saying that all religions have their bad elements but we dont condemn all Jews or all Christians because the vast majority of them dont comit any crime. The thrust of my post was the fact that people dont afford the same consideration to Muslims, which is unfair.

Get it?

[edit on 21/2/05 by subz]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Many of the native american natons only totured those enemies they respected. When we finally catch OBL and al-zawahiri I do hope we show them this type of respect.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
This is the latest AL Qaeda that i found on the web

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   
How does one show respect for a culture that has so little tolerance and respect for others. You have Muslims killing Muslims because they do not agree with each others religious beliefs. You have Teachers telling young impressionable minds that murder will get them to Heaven. (Isn't it strange that the terrorist leaders, clerics and teachers are all old grey bearded men, while the sucicide bombers are all young men and women, what's with that?:puz
Their stated goal is to kill all infidels and make the world follow Islam. Their tactics are terror and murder. Their victims are usually innocent men, women and children. What is there to respect

One must earn respect, it isn't something that you just demand, certainly not by intimidation or terror. Terrorist are a cancer upon the earth that must be erradicted before there will be any true peace for Muslims or anyone else. To the peaceful Muslims of the world I ask simply, where is the outrage
Your silence is deafening

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Muslims deserve respect,

Terrorists do not deserve respect.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86

I think you misunderstood my post, where did I say that Islamic fundamentalists can do what they like because Jewish and Christian elements comit crimes as well? Let me help you, I never did.

I was saying that all religions have their bad elements but we dont condemn all Jews or all Christians because the vast majority of them dont comit any crime. The thrust of my post was the fact that people dont afford the same consideration to Muslims, which is unfair.

Get it?

[edit on 21/2/05 by subz]

No, I don't get how Jewish fundamentalism, such as, dressing up in what some people consider a ridiculous manner, or settling in 'occupied' territory compare to killing Jews because they are Jews and having you country publicly condone it in the name of Islam, or beheading people as a terror tactic. From a christian pespective I don't see Catholic priests telling children to kill a Muslim and you will get the key to heaven and be awarded 72 virgins.
I am not condeming all of Islam - Just fundamental Islam. There is no other religion that is so Barbaric and do so in the name of god in this day and age.
This is true Satanism.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well nice to see you add a nice little disclaimer to your post about "not in this day and age". But really they are carrying out horrible acts today.

What about the Zionists who bombed the King David Hotel in 1946 which killed 92 Britons, Arabs and Jews and wounded 58? Which ushered in a new age of Terrorism for political gain. Thanks for that.

What about the Jewish radical who gunned down Rabin? We might of seen an Israeli/Palestinian Peace deal years ago if that had'nt happend.

Some of the Catholic preists might not be telling our youngsters to kill a race of people but they'll be figuring out how to molest them. Or how about the Catholic supported IRA bombing innocent British civilians?

The whole criticism of Islam and the whole persecution of Jews as far as Islamic fundamentalists are concerned arise from how Israel was created. If it happend to any other country in the World you would see the displaced people react in exactly the same way. You would be a liar to say that you would sit idly by and watch your country and home be seized and do nothing to stop it.

Its these circumstances which result in a pronounced level of Muslim hatred towards Jews. Its entirely of your own making and while it sounds harsh its true. If Jews hadnt made a play for a Holy Land there would not be these state sponsored killings of Jews. Again I must state that I dont condone any of the violence against the Jews at all, im merely giving my opinion of why its occuring.

But this brings us back to reality, Israel is here to stay and the killing of Jews and Palestinians has to stop. Taring whole religions with the same brush is lazy and immoral and has to stop. Admit all religions have the unsavoury and down right evil segments and have done with it.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Respect: If You Have To Ask For It, You Don't Have It.

Statements made along these lines underscore the new realities of Al Qaeda's existence.

Life isn't as easy as it used to be, and it turns out that carrying out terrorist attacks is much harder to do when we're expecting them.

At the risk of seeming crude, Al Qaeda used to be more rock and less talk. That's why we finally did something about those guys.

Now business is much more difficult for Al Qaeda to conduct, and everyone in the organization is feeling the squeeze.

Good.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Well nice to see you add a nice little disclaimer to your post about "not in this day and age". But really they are carrying out horrible acts today.

What about the Zionists who bombed the King David Hotel in 1946 which killed 92 Britons, Arabs and Jews and wounded 58? Which ushered in a new age of Terrorism for political gain. Thanks for that.

What about the Jewish radical who gunned down Rabin? We might of seen an Israeli/Palestinian Peace deal years ago if that had'nt happend.

Some of the Catholic preists might not be telling our youngsters to kill a race of people but they'll be figuring out how to molest them. Or how about the Catholic supported IRA bombing innocent British civilians?

The whole criticism of Islam and the whole persecution of Jews as far as Islamic fundamentalists are concerned arise from how Israel was created. If it happend to any other country in the World you would see the displaced people react in exactly the same way. You would be a liar to say that you would sit idly by and watch your country and home be seized and do nothing to stop it.

Its these circumstances which result in a pronounced level of Muslim hatred towards Jews. Its entirely of your own making and while it sounds harsh its true. If Jews hadnt made a play for a Holy Land there would not be these state sponsored killings of Jews. Again I must state that I dont condone any of the violence against the Jews at all, im merely giving my opinion of why its occuring.

But this brings us back to reality, Israel is here to stay and the killing of Jews and Palestinians has to stop. Taring whole religions with the same brush is lazy and immoral and has to stop. Admit all religions have the unsavoury and down right evil segments and have done with it.

Every religion has its own group of low-lives that is true. Regarding misplacing Palestinians that is a misconception. Jews have always been in the holyland and even held a majority in certain cities such as Safed and Jerusalem. The misplacement of Arabs from the holyland occured mostly as a result of Arab countries attacking Israel after Israel proclaimed independence. Local Arabs were convinced to leave by the Arab countries and to return only after the Jews were pushed into the sea. So Arabs, feeling defeated and ashamed created the Palestinian refugee problem by not absorbing the misplaced populace - after they themselves misplaced them. This was a great tool to use against Israel for the following decades.

so with that little history lesson aside. . . Yes all religions have their low lives it is part of human nature. Again the problem is that when a religion condones targeting civilians because they belong to another religion or murder women because they are labelled as shameful because their head is uncovered is disgraceful in this day and age.

When I say this day and age I mean that, in modern times, with the weaponry of today, where entire populations can be wiped out this type of mentality is very dangerous for mankind. This mentality today is highlytypical of Muslim countries. That is why Iran should not become a nuclear bearing state under any circumstance.
Iran has oil and therefore an economical leverage, that is why the Europeans with no oil of their own brown-nose Muslim states. They use terrorism as military leverage - If they go nuclear they will become too powerful.
Regarding achieving peace if Rabin was alive, I highly doubt that Rabin could have survived politically if he would have not been assassinated. He was martyrized after his assassination and turned into a legend. During Oslo his support in Israel was rediculously low in light of the rampant terrorism . In addition, under Arafat no peace would have ever been made since he never intended on making peace. I suspect that Abu Mazen would be incapable of making peace since extremist groups have gained power in the Palestinian territory not because of the occupation but because of the daily brain-washing of Palestinian children and population.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

so with that little history lesson aside. . . Yes all religions have their low lives it is part of human nature. Again the problem is that ***when a religion condones targeting civilians because they belong to another religion*** or murder women because they are labelled as shameful because their head is uncovered is disgraceful in this day and age.

That little history lesson is kinda flawed. The only thing I think of when I hear you say the embolded words is Israeli Soilders targeting Palestinian Cilvilians and shooting them with high caliber rounds for no reason. Or running over my classmate at The Evergreen State College with a bulldozer because she refused to let it raze a doctors house.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:20 AM
link   
While I agree with most of what you wrote there JudahMaccabbi, I still disagree that the majority of Muslims advocate killing Jews. There may be hatred and mistrust of Jews but thats a far cry from actually wanting to see them dead.

I know quite a lot of Muslims and not one of them would want to see anyone killed, including Jews. The majority of the Muslims I know are actually Iranian and never in our many talks about the topic have they once wanted Jews dead.

Im not trying to deny that some Muslims feel this way, its blatantly obvious that they do. But what im trying to get across is that the majority of Muslims do not take this view and therefore Islam deserves as much respect as Christianity and Judaism does.

[edit on 22/2/05 by subz]

new topics

top topics

join