It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amid Tariffs, Chinese Factory Starts Production On 2020 Trump Presidential Campaign Flags

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   
You just can't make this stuff up.

As President Donald Trump levies tariffs and threats against China for “stealing American jobs,” a Chinese factory says it’s been hired to manufacture flags for Trump’s 2020 campaign, according to a Tuesday episode of NPR’s “Indicator” podcast.

Factory owner Li Jiang told NPR that his workers are producing hundreds of thousands of blue and white Trump flags similar to those they manufactured for his 2016 campaign. Per NPR, the Trump campaign ordered so many more flags than the Clinton campaign in 2016 that Chinese locals near the factory joked that they knew the outcome of the election before anyone.

Donald J. Trump for President, Inc., the committee organizing Trump’s reelect run, has publicly committed to buying American, saying that “we put America First and take great pride in selling 100% Made in the USA products to our supporters throughout the country.” It is unclear if the committee was the body that entered into the contract with the Chinese factory.

Source
Business Insider Source

I guess there's an exception to the rule right? And that conveniently applies to the Trump family. It's already a known fact that this same factory along with a number of others produced Trump campaign flags back in the 2016 elections. It's also a known fact that a good number of other Trump branded products are manufactured overseas and this isn't just limited to Trump himself - it extends to his children and their own line of products. This coupled with the revelation late last year that the Mar-a-Lago won 70 visas to bring in workers across the border as opposed to hiring locals makes this entire thing stink to hell quite frankly. There's also the fact this guy is already planning for the 2020 elections?

In the mean time Trump makes no qualms attacking other companies for manufacturing overseas, including Harley Davidson. He's targeted the steel industry and now he has his sights on the foreign luxury car segment. It's a case of do as I say, not as I do.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Until the guy starts putting his money where his big mouth is and starts manufacturing his crap here, and at least encourages anyone else peddling the family brand name to do the same, you can't seriously expect anyone with 2 colliding brain cells to believe he honestly gives 2 s#s about domestic jobs. You don't give a damn if you keep making your crap in foreign countries to save a buck. "Do as I say, not as I do" is not a game plan.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If its in China, why does the pic say Made in Bangladesh?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Why would a globalist businessman such as Trump get his merchandise made in America when he can get the job done for less overseas?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
You created a duplicate of your own thread ?

Here

Now , that is bad...

I guess the 3 Stooges were right :
"If at first you dont suck seed , try , try again until you do suck seed"

edit on 7/5/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Interesting to see who is fulfilling the purchase order.

If its Trump or his people....it'll be more interesting to see what kind of Covfefe is spouted to defend it.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
It was Reagan who set up factories in China in the 1980s. The US imported nothing from China before the 1980s. Shame on Reagan for selling out.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You have anything to say about the OP or are you going to continue to deflect as usual? Just seems like a horrible waste of text space.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Those trump 2020 flags are going to fly off the shelves....

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Those trump 2020 flags are going to fly off the shelves...

We'll be able to count the number of suckers in this country.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Bluntone22

Those trump 2020 flags are going to fly off the shelves...

We'll be able to count the number of suckers in this country.

I will buy a couple just to TRIGGER the HELL out of people suffering with TDS!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

You have anything to say about the OP or are you going to continue to deflect as usual? Just seems like a horrible waste of text space.

Not in an exact duplicate of a thread by oneself I dont
Like I stated , you trying again ? With an EXACT DUPLICATE of your own thread ?
That makes no sense at all

Besides being against ATS rules.
So , you are saying you violated rules deliberately ?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Still here deflecting? Second post I see. You're obviously clueless I don't blame ya.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Still here deflecting? Second post I see. You're obviously clueless I don't blame ya.

Still here with the same invalid thread ?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
For starters, a lot of ifs and buts about this story.

Who ordered the flags and what are there purpose beyond the assembly line?

The article doesn't even state who ordered what.

However, this Chinese company was tasked out before by both campaigns in 2016 to produce items.

It is unclear whether the organisation is the one to have ordered the flags revealed to NPR and, if it did, whether it planned to give the flags away at rallies and events rather than sell them
Read more at www.businessinsider.com...

Furthermore, the biggest bullets are,

"A chinese factory is makig gear for 2020 Trump"

"No idea who ordered what"

"Made gear for 2016 Campaign, so ASSUMPTIONS."

All in all, all this looks to me is the usual leftist trying to spin the usual hubbub BS through assumptions without any real facts.

As a lefrist, this story says Trump ordered Hats from China while screaming Tariffs and MAGA.

As a normal citizen, this story says an uknown party ordered some 2020 Trump gear and since this same company did gear for both campaigns during 2016, its assumed they are doing it again at the campaigns request.

So, OP. Find me who ordered the gear 😌

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Third post. Come on, keep it up. More replies.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
So , the other thread was shut down...?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I'm going to have to go with you on this. If it was Trump ordering this, I'm thinking he should buy American, and lead by example, not just words. But if he didn't order this, then it's a giant WHO GIVES A FLUCK.

OP, if you care about more than TDS and stars/flags, perhaps you can do some research into your second thread with the same title/content. You seem to really care, so how about doing your due diligence.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

All in all, all this looks to me is the usual leftist trying to spin the usual hubbub BS

As with any story that paints Trump in a bad light.

The evidence is there.
edit on 5-7-2018 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Just a few more posts bud. keep it up.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join