It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 Detroiters duped thinking they were getting a free home

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Ha! You said flap!! 1000 of America’s biggest losers? Love to see pictures of that group of poor oppressed people

Why the hatred? These people are your fellow Americans, hoping for a miraculous break. Not everyone in Detroit is a Felon or gang member.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wonder what you can buy 10 acres and a big house for on the outskirts . Move there a start a liquor store you could get rich!
edit on 7/5/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: NeuronDivide

As for the gardens? I wonder what city ordinances have to say about that?? I honestly don't know. Given some of the odd ones I've run across, it wouldn't surprise me if there were rules against.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I imagine most homeless souls have trouble accumulating $70 nevermind $700 though.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gargoyle91
Wonder what you can buy 10 acres and a big house for on the outskirts .

Detroits a huge city area wise, my old neighborhood where I grew up looks like a bomb hit it. The Downtown and Arena areas are great, the neighborhoods are another story. The houses almost aren't worth rehabbing due to the vandalism. They were literally ripping the copper electrical wiring out of plastered walls to sell the scrap.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

People could always throw a bunch of seeds everywhere and let it go. Self-seeding gardens are awesome!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Same thing happened when Obama was giving out free phones in Detroit...thousands showed up to get their free phones---but with no minutes or plan, just a dead phone. Similarly, Obama passed out free PCs to inner-city Detroit schools, but no software and instructions or training. You can see pictures of the new laptops piled high in burnt out old school buildings...Folks in Detroit are desperate, but not desperate enough to learn a skill or make an effort to fit in a civilized culture....and too many black people in Detroit continue to kill each other, while the black community blames all their problems on white society and the police (most cops are black in Detroit)...very sad.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SummerRain
so 1000 people need liveable homes, and we just laugh at their stupidity.

Hahaha suckers..

*zips up tent, it's cold tonight*

Not sure many folks are laughing at them.

But laughing at stupid people is something I am known for.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I imagine most homeless souls have trouble accumulating $70 nevermind $700 though.

It's a hard situation to even grasp. Some neighborhoods like my old one, have 2 to 5 standing houses where their used to be 40 or so on a street block. In my old neighborhood that level goes on for blocks and blocks like that.

At least they have demolished most of the abandoned houses, bUT it looks like a ghost town.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: NeuronDivide

Hadn't thought about that...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Aye, you want to see all the boarded up tenements and homes in the housing schemes all over the U.K.

300,000 homeless and probably just about as many empty properties.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
1000 Detroiters showed up at city hall thinking they were going to get a free home on the 4th of July. I guess some kind of ad campaign started circulating on social media that the city was giving away free homes.

Sounds like a sting for people with warrants.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Why the hatred? These people are your fellow Americans, hoping for a miraculous break. Not everyone in Detroit is a Felon or gang member.

Like buying a lottery ticket...

The problem is didn't Obama say he would give everyone a house? The Left also preaches the notion that big Government will provide a lot of free stuff, so after so much propaganda why would a person not believe they are getting a free house?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeuronDivide
a reply to: seagull

People could always throw a bunch of seeds everywhere and let it go. Self-seeding gardens are awesome!

yeah but you still have to clear the land ect.
Here is a snapshot of my old hood.

It was full of houses on both sides of the street once.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Sounds like a sting for people with warrants.

I was thinking the same thing.

"Here's your free home. JAIL!"
edit on 5-7-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Homes in Detroit are dirt cheap. Nobody is buying them. They can probably get one for a couple hundred bucks.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Are the gaols not busting at the seems over there though?

Not enough places for the criminals already in custodial facilities.

So rounding up 1000 of the poor suckers might be somewhat a touch of overkill. LoL

edit on 5-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

They're mostly 50 square, 3 story, solid brick houses, too.

Buy a couple of the vacant blocks around you and fence it all off, put in a water tank and throw a bunch of seeds everywhere. You'd be self-sufficient in no time at all, and do it on the cheap!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeuronDivide
I've never been to Detroit, but I've always found it fascinating for some reason. I've spent a lot of time looking around on google street view, it seems to be a very lush, green and sunny place, in the summer at least. There's heaps of vacant, furtile land everywhere, but no one appears to be growing any vegetable gardens at all? If people were only a little more self-sufficient there, it probably wouldn't be so desperate.

People tried growing their own crops in those Detroit suburbs, but guess what - they get stolen as soon as they are ripe...
the poverty is so bad, they'll tear apart their own neighborhoods for drug money.

I believe the worst area was East Warren Ave and Cope because of a liquor store there. House prices had dropped down to $1500 and below.

edit on 5-7-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: SummerRain
so 1000 people need liveable homes, and we just laugh at their stupidity.

Hahaha suckers..

*zips up tent, it's cold tonight*

Not sure many folks are laughing at them.

But laughing at stupid people is something I am known for.

Well, lol.. me too, but not people down on their luck.. just the run of the mill stupid.

And then we have people like that twat who was quite wealthy, yet who still somehow got food stamps or some sort of benefits, was called out on it, and said "I'm just taking advantage of the system. Don't blame me! Fix the system."

I laugh at idiots like that too, for different reasons.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join