It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Grrrrrrrrrr Apocalypse

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ya, I'm old, turned 72 today, and don't get too far away from southwest Wisconsin. I recently traveled from Madison Wi. to Denver to Santa Fe New Mexico and back on a plane....thought about a motorcycle trip , but realized too much money and too hot.
Anyway, on my travels and in airports and cars with my grandkids is where I encountered ......Grrrrrrrrrr. Turns out every where I went people , most people , of all ages between 10 and 60......couldn't do any thing but tap , swipe ,thumb, stare, listen to their Frick'n devices !!!! This is where Grrrrrrrrrr comes in....which stands for ,in my humble opinion , Great rectangular, regulating, receiving, radio wave, rampart, rapacious, rapt, ravaging , reality receptacle....which is growing as a threat to all mankind and the final technological apocalypse is looming over the averted gazes of most people in most advanced societies ? ?
Every time I tried to talk to someone who was devicing (guess this is my new word to describe), all I got was a look like .....why are you bothering me....hurry up and get it over with.......alright , you're old , so what do you want ? ......please , spit it out, so I can get back to my world.

WTF ??? So, what is your take ?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracytheoristIAM

I wish your generation had this big a problem with nuclear weapons back then.
Geez...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Ya, I'm old, turned 69 a couple months ago. and don't get too far away from the PNW. I recently traveled from Seattle to Provo to Las Vegas to Flagstaff to Durango and back--3500 miles in my Corvette with 16 other Corvettes on tour. I suppose there were lots of swipers. I know I brought mine just in case, but I was too busy looking at the sites to notice. Grand Canyon, Mesa Verde, Four Corners, Silverton on 550, the Million Dollar Highway. (Sea level is for sissies, they said.) See America first. It's a beautiful country!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Geez...

Certainly, but most of us living in the Chicago suburbs in the 60's didn't have top secret clearances......so we didn't have much input for our government and military......

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Geez...

What does this mean? I don't see any connection?

Today's People walking in stunned silence staring at screens, children in back seats staring at screens. I took a breath to speak to a Person in my tire shop as we waited and they quickly brought their iPhone to their face and looked away. The whole of the 7 or so in the waiting area never spoke once and had their eyes glued to their screens.

Even in restaurants while Families sit and stare at their hands while they used to TALK to each other! Smile and joke and laugh!
edit on 5-7-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Geez...

They were a done deal before anyone knew about them. You think the guys in the Manhattan Project posted all their progress on Twitter? Geez.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I'm 38, and I feel the same way.
I work for a hotel, and these days when I see people gathered around the pool to enjoy the sun, they are all staring at their stupid devices.
The world indeed did end, and people are too busy liking and swiping to notice.

I feel very alone in the world. Damned dirty apes!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Geez...

They were a done deal before anyone knew about them. You think the guys in the Manhattan Project posted all their progress on Twitter? Geez.

Yeah...
How else would they let anyone know they built the bomb?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

This is the real zombie apocalypse!!! The affects are already noticeable. Social skills are in decline, instant gratification in high demand, and the youngsters seem increasingly rude. Distraction is also an issue. Especially on our roads. Maybe distraction was the goal of these smartphone pushers. Big money too of course. Easy tracking and data collecting. It goes on. Much like this zombie apocalypse will.

And I typed this from one of my Android devices. BRAAAAIIIIIIIINNNNSSSSS.

Anyway, Happy Birthday to you. May you be blessed with good health and many more years watching the zombies wallow about.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It's a GranPacolypse!

Yep, we're withdrawing from one simulation and going for a newer one where we can have some illusion of power...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Geez...

What does this mean? I don't see any connection?

Today's People walking in stunned silence staring at screens, children in back seats staring at screens. I took a breath to speak to a Person in my tire shop as we waited and they quickly brought their iPhone to their face and looked away. The whole of the 7 or so in the waiting area never spoke once and had their eyes glued to their screens.

Even in restaurants while Families sit and stare at their hands while they used to TALK to each other! Smile and joke and laugh!

Maybe if people had interesting things to talk about or if they weren't completely full of bs most of the time or trying to push some garbage onto me - I'd agree something went wrong.

But I can't even count the number of times that I'd rather stare at my phone (sometimes I don't even have it on, it could be dead) just so ppl will leave me alone and mind their own business.

Also I'd like to add that the trendy hipster restaurants around where I'm at in Nashville it's sorta rare people sit there on their phones. They are usually talking smiling and laughing with their friends at dinner. This is over 90% actually.

If someone keeps looking at their phone while you're talking to them - you are probably bothering them.

The outrage stems from the personality disorder where you think everyone needs to pay attention to you (narcissism).

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
I'm 38, and I feel the same way.
I work for a hotel, and these days when I see people gathered around the pool to enjoy the sun, they are all staring at their stupid devices.
The world indeed did end, and people are too busy liking and swiping to notice.

I feel very alone in the world. Damned dirty apes!

Why does it matter what other people do if it doesn't hurt anyone?
I don't really get it.

I only care about what I do at the pool, so long as no one ruins it for me (crapping in the pool, fighting, etc).

Why does everyone think that being nosy and criticizing other's behavior is so virtuous? It actually is immoral and immature to focus on other people and pass judgment like this.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Read my signature

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Most of us now have devices in the palm of our hands that allow us access to most of the information of our entire species. Along with every form of entertainment imaginable.

It’d be weird to me if people weren’t taking advantage of it.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

If someone keeps looking at their phone while you're talking to them - you are probably bothering them. 

I think that's a tad harsh but you're definitely half correct. Sometimes people have personal issues that are far more pressing to them than a random person in a tyre shop.

I think narcissism is exaggerating the emotion though. It really sucks when people ignore you, no matter who you are.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Geez...

You know what, hoss? I'll lay odds that what the OP is talking about ganks us before the nukes do.

Takers?
edit on 5-7-2018 by MteWamp because: sp

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Happy Birthday.
Welcome to the future.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracytheoristIAM
Grrrrrrrrrr

Baaaaaaaaaaaa!

Bitching at aimless anti analog amimals ain't as awesome and amazing as alliteration.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Boomer here.

I think most people would be lost without their phones.

They don't remember anything any more.
They use the calculator for the simplest of things.
They consider books archaic.

The zombie apocalypse is real and they're watching cat videos.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

That if an emp ever hit.

The modern generation would collectively lose their snip.

Because none of their toys would work.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join