It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush hides pot habit from kiddies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well I'm sure you've all wondered why George Bush has kept his marijuana use a secret. Well the new secretly recorded tapes have george bush saying;

"I wouldn't answer the marijuana question. You know why? Because I don't want some little kid doing what I tried," Bush purportedly says on the tape.

He added: "But you got to understand, I want to be president. I want to lead. I want to set -- Do you want your little kid say, 'Hey, Daddy, President Bush tried marijuana, I think I will?"'
New Tapes Say Bush May Have Smoked Marijuana

That's it, it was for the kids, instead of making pot seem ok we'll make lying seem ok.

'Hey, Daddy, President Bush lies to get what he wants, I think I will'

He could have admited his use, and taught the kiddies he cares so much for that when he stoped that life he was able to achive the office of the President of the United states.

edit to add link

[edit on 20-2-2005 by Halfofone]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I agree with you is all about damage control, and public opinion, only people that knows what all this politicians are all about it, get to understand the realities of their lives.

They are all for the votes and the image.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Ever wonder why you are stuck with the people in office? It's because there really is not many people who have nothing to hide.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfofone
Well I'm sure you've all wondered why George Bush has kept his marijuana use a secret. Well the new secretly recorded tapes have george bush saying;

"I wouldn't answer the marijuana question. You know why? Because I don't want some little kid doing what I tried," Bush purportedly says on the tape.

He added: "But you got to understand, I want to be president. I want to lead. I want to set -- Do you want your little kid say, 'Hey, Daddy, President Bush tried marijuana, I think I will?"'
New Tapes Say Bush May Have Smoked Marijuana

That's it, it was for the kids, instead of making pot seem ok we'll make lying seem ok.

'Hey, Daddy, President Bush lies to get what he wants, I think I will'

He could have admited his use, and taught the kiddies he cares so much for that when he stoped that life he was able to achive the office of the President of the United states.

Ummm...he specifically says "I wouldn't answer"
Which, maybe it just me, but I assume that means he wouldn't (or won't)answer.
Ex.
Press: Mr. President did you smoke weed?
Bush: Well (insert name) I'm not going to talk about that now.

How is that lying?

It's not that big of a deal really if he tells anyone or not. That's his choice. Who cares if he did it? Probably 90% or more of the politicians in that generation did a little something in their day. Just as long as they aren't doing it now.

I agree with you is all about damage control, and public opinion, only people that knows what all this politicians are all about it, get to understand the realities of their lives.

They are all for the votes and the image.

Well votes are what get you elected so yeah they're trying to present the best image possible.....because that's what people go for. It has been that way since the begining of politics.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Why didnt he just try something as brilliant as' I smoked Pot but I didn't Inhale'
and 'I would have inhaled if I could' Ah Clinton that was just weak

Yet people still loved him after that weak answer.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Ummm...the whole "omission" and "lying" correlation tend to prove otherwise.

But this is such a non-issue...really, unless he has done it since the wonderful world of business and politics...

Anywho....

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird

Ummm...he specifically says "I wouldn't answer"
Which, maybe it just me, but I assume that means he wouldn't (or won't)answer.
Ex.
Press: Mr. President did you smoke weed?
Bush: Well (insert name) I'm not going to talk about that now.

How is that lying?

Well if you dont care about ethics, morals, or values then it doesn't matter. It is just more proof that Bush lies to get his way. The only logical conclusion you can come up with, if you read the whole statement, is that he did do it. Unless he really thought the kids shoulddo it, becasue he didn't. That is called evading. Lying is :
1 : to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive
2 : to create a false or misleading impression

He obviosuly didn't say the truth now did he?

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Why should we expect to have a President who hasn't ever even tried pot when so much of the world's/country's population has? Really, it's more common than we all think, so it's not that big of a thing that Bush has. (Although he shouldn't lie about it, he shouldn't exactly wear a shirt that says "REFORMED POT SMOKER" either...)

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The problem with this is the following:

This is what he said (heard it on the news as well, and he does say this)

He was saying he wouldn't answer the question to the media, not the guy taping the conversation. He more or less admitted using marijuana in the statment.

The problem with him saying this, or having taken any illegal drugs is:

1. He ran for office on the premis of bringing morals back into the office (did this twice), this shows that his moral level isn't any higher than that of the person he replaced and the current administration dispises "Ex. Pres. Bill Clinton"

2. When combined with the DUI's that he covered up gives credance to the claims of him using Cocaine, which is a much bigger problem than using Marijuana.

3. Given the fact that it wasn't that long ago that he was having problems it makes one wonder, granted no imperical evidence, if he is still having problems with drugs/alcohol. This could explain some of the problems with his speaches/press conferences when he says things even local politicians wouldn't say or that flat out don't make any sense. The administration has covered up lots of things for him in the past (the DUI's them selves), and given his current position would do so with much more power now.

It should be interesting to see how they spin this over the next week and try and turn it into a non issue.

My guess is the Dems will stumble over themselves again on this one. They should go after him with the same ferocity that the Republicans went after Bill Clinton, but I have a feeling they will have one or two people make note of it in the press then roll over and let it slip away.

Anybody else think we will hear a new terror warning or tape from Osama him self this week?

[edit on 20-2-2005 by 750Aero]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I personally, have used marijuana. But I never exhaled, I swear!!!!!!!

If Bush would just admit hes a pothead, a coke fiend, and loves every minute of him, Id gain far more respect for him.

If he spent more time sitting in the oval office smoking a nice fat skunky bowl in a crushed ice and vodka bong, hed feel less inclined to start wars, blow # up, take over countries for oil, and lie through his teeth on just about everything.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I could care less if Bush smoked pot. I doubt there are very many people of his and my generation who haven't had more than their share. As a college teacher, I used to grapple with the question (always asked by my students' when we studied the 60's) if I'd smoked pot. On the one hand, I didn't want to seem to condone on, but, on the other hand I didn't want to be a liar and a hypocrite. I saw lying as far more unethical and harmful. Why? For one thing, if I said "no, I'd never tried pot", my students were smart enough to know I most probably had and they would lose respect for me for lying. That's the problem I have with Bush. It's the lies, not the drug usage. Sure, we want to set good examples for our children. I've used my experience to try and counsel them against getting too carried away and telling them how many friends, from college, fell victim to hard drugs etc.
Ok, I'm rambling. I just think that Bush's reasoning proves that he will lie to justify what he wants. I'm hardly surprised.
joey

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This is the biggest sham since new coke (the cola)!

What is the point of revealing this? It certainly doesn't harm Bush, If anything it does the opposite.

What are people actually seeing?

Bush the druggie or Bush the guy who cares for the kids?
Bush the pro-gay or Bush the guy won't discriminate?

And whats worse is this crap is getting worldwide coverage.

Until we find out that it wasn't a pretzel to blame I'll be taking all big media stories with a pinch of coke(not the cola).

[edit on 21-2-2005 by Krahzeef]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
His pot habbit doesn't concern me, what concernes me is is years of alcaholism and coc aine use or his daddy's personal phone number in Barry Seal's pocket. Pot is harmless, coc aine and alcahol lead to neural damage and psychosis. Guys these tapes this guy are released are pure tripe, the guy who released them is trying to sell a book ("The Raising of a President") and using his connections with the higher ups to make it happen. While it looks like he has damaged the Bush family, he hasn't,a dn frankly he won't. Consider the source here, this guys is a bush friend and supporter. Make a little stink to cover the smell of a big stink.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Too bad these taped conversations were not released before the '04 election. I'm sure backroom deals were done to assure Wead could only release the contents of the tapes after the election was decided and Dubya was officially inaugurated.

In turn, Wead gets to sell hid book banking in millions while the White House has kindly stepped aside.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
What gets under my skin is the the avoidance, the arogance that many political figures display. The whole consept of a republic is that the leaders are held accountable to the public. What gives bush or any of them for that matter the right to lie? It made me sick when I saw Condi Rice get offended by the 'attack on her integrity' and skirt the question.

I could care less that he smoked the stuff, actually it's a reason for me to like the guy, but don't piss in my ear and tell me that it's raining.

I do care about the integrity of public figures. Not that I trusted him before this incident, but if he lied/avoided the truth to protect kids, then what else could he be 'protecting' us from?

Also

A more bawdy side of Bush also is apparent on the tapes, as he mocked then-Vice President Al Gore for admitting to marijuana use

Bush Tapes Not Meant for Public

[edit on 21-2-2005 by Halfofone]

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
So you guys are telling me that Bush should just let everything of his past be known. Why doesn't he just tell us everyone he has had sex with? Just because someone asks you a question doesn't mean it needs to be answered if you have moral convictions. Bush didn't answer the question because he feared it would hurt kids. Oh man that's so horrid that Bush was caring for the kids. LIAR, SCUMBAG.........I'll tell you what if someone came up to me and asked me personal questions about my past I wouldn't just throw out an answer. Many of you focus on the bias's you have and don't even pay attention to the moral decision he made and the moral conviction he had. All I can say is that sometimes people just need to think before they judge someone and his convictions.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Everybody has something that they don't want people to know but the important thing is that they learned from what they did.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Heh, and I'll bet you'll defend Clinton with your dying breath. That dude lied in such a way as to subvert an entire third of our government. So which is better, saying to the public, "I smoked, but I never inhaled" or not saying anything at all? Hmmm....

For the record, I'd like to admit I've been hiding my heroin habit. I've done it so well, in fact, that I don't even know I've done heroin. Just in case I wanted to run for office, though, I wanted to make sure the kids would try heroin instead of lying

side note:
Anti-pot laws are stupid, as I've stated in many threads before. They create a distrust in government. I was taught pot was more dangerous than angel dust; when I tried it, it wasn't. Thankfully, I never went beyond pot, but I did, for a while, want to try DHT. I lost all confidence in everything the government and my teachers told me because the worst thing I could do, smoke pot, was a blatant lie. Thanks for that, Nancy Reagan. How many are here at ATS who wouldn't be if pot was legal?

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Could some clarify on how President Bush lied about his "pot" use?

If you'll read what he said, he did, in a round-about-way, admit his use.

I think he thinks that if was to answer this question straight out, he'd be bragging on things that a person shouldn't be bragging about.

What do you want him to say? "Yeah, I smoked the hemp and had a damned good time while I was doing it!"

Now that would sound like bragging to me!

Lighten up on him!

Is there anyone here that's never made a mistake or wrong choices in their lives!

If you say no, then you're the one who's a LIAR?

The only thing I have against ex-President Clinton on his admission to smoking "pot" is that he said he didn't inhale!

BOLOGNA! That's the first rule in smoking "the weed!"

[edit on 21/2/05 by Intelearthling]

pao

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   
man who cares if they smoked dope in the past. who else can we get to become president that everyone would agree on?

jesus?

nm hes busy

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join