It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired, in pain, and fed up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I’m gonna rant a bit here.
For those of you that don’t know me personally, My wife lost her right leg at age 6. She also has cardiac issues (a-fib) and sleep apnea that requires her to use a CPAP machine, lest she stop breathing while asleep. I have a laundry list of issues too; Arthritis in knees and ankles since I was a child, chronic headaches, moderate familial clinical depression, severe anxiety, malformed muscles in both shoulders, and my back: Spinal stenosis, Degenerative disc disease, several herniated discs, arthritis in my spine, pinched sciatic (among others) nerves, and for some reason, I cannot walk / stand with my legs completely straight or my feet level and forward.

In fact, I woke up at 3am today, hurting, and have to work till 8 tonight.I never sleep a whole night, I alway wake up several times.

In short, we both feel constant pain, no matter what we do. I cannot answer for Leah, But for me, I have some periods of lesser pain, but not a day without it.
Yes, I go to pain management. Hydrocodone is a joke. It works for about 2 hours, then wears off. I don’t want to become an opiate addict either, but that white oval pill gives me 2 hours of relief, even is only for 2 hours, twice a day.

Opiate crisis my ass…...when quaaludes were made illegal, you could order them from the back of Penthouse and other mens magazines…...opiates were far more common in 1982 then today.

But, no matter what, no matter how tired we are, we get up and go to work, every day. I’m still trying to figure that one out.In a system where millennials get ssi for the asking, I've applied, and was rejected, 3x…...think about that-someone who has always worked, and paid into the system, can’t get even partial help, yet someone who suffers ‘trauma’ b/c they are afraid of the dark gets everything paid for…...by me and others like me.

Thats yet another issue.....I have a college degree, in IT......cant get a job the pays well, b/c I dont have the masters. Positions offered to me in the IT field pay little better than minimum wage. TBH, I do ok in my job, but not what 'the american dream' led me to believe.

There are people I see, in my work……..I deliver to a LOT of welfare recipients,who will order $50.00 worth of pizza, and not tip a single #ing dime (and then have the gall to ask me for a ride to the store for soda). I look in their house when I deliver, and you know what I see?

Their huge tv (I got a 55’’ so I could read the crawler on the news channel, I’m talking they got 70’’ sometimes even larger), with the xbox1 hooked up to it, a Comcast box (I use roku and a pirate service for a ttl of 70/month, inc. the wifi needed) that you know costs $100.00+++ a month, Samsung galaxy 9, a stereo the size of a small car, nicer clothing than I’ve ever had, and you know HUD is paying their rent on the nice apartment.

I paid For all that, yet I don't get to enjoy any of it.

I work to stay one step ahead of the wolf. People who don’t work can get utility assistance….I get turned off if I don't pay.I go grocery shopping, I get staples: some meat, crackers, potatoes, etc.The welfare rats, wets, and meth heads get far better food than I do…...paid for by me and others like me.Go watch a grocery check out line the first week of the month…..likely the one with a full cart of expensive items will pay with an EBT card.

I applied for medicare a few years ago. Of course I was told i was ineligible b/c the quota for single white males had been met already.Those were the caseworkers exact words. Meanwhile, there was an obvious illegal in the office, asking why her food stamps were cut from 400 to 300. It was explained to her that her cash benefit increased by 218.00, that was the reason. She had designer jeans on, a nice phone, and a newer SUV outside.I was wearing used jeans from the thrift shop, had a 49.00 phone, and was driving a 20 yr old vehicle.

I am a straight, white, married, middle aged christian male.By all I've read, I'm in the largest group of employees, voters, etc. Yet me and others like me are treated like show ponies. Need more tax income for illegal aliens? Put more of us to work, tax us more, refuse us our own earnings returned in the form of assistance, vilify us as racist, useless, homophobes, whatever…...all so we toe the line and give our lives away to the non contributing ungrateful.

If I complain that a black person gets medical help for a rash, when I’m in pain bad enough to cause tears and cant afford an office visit, I’m a racist.If I complain that a white 22 y.o. Woman with 4 kids by 3 diff men gets her rent paid, by me, I’m sexist / hate kids / mean / selfish / insert your own invective here.

Really no point to this rant, I know things won’t change as long as I’m alive. Even when I do draw my SS at age 62, Ill still have to work until I’m unable. Meanwhile, there are families, in every town in the USA, that havent held a job for 3 generations. And they live just as well as, if not better, than many who work.

edit on 5-7-2018 by Brywilson2 because: because

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
christian male

Your post should be about how grateful you are then. Not mildly hiding your having a midlife crisis.

Peace.
edit on 5-7-2018 by SR1TX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I went through the same thing. I finally got sick of it and moved to the heartland where everyone helps each other. I have a lot of the same back and spinal issues you do. I have an apartment manager job and my wife does the groundskeeper job. But at least I can get help if I need it. I will turn 62 this Dec. and I can't wait! I will get to really retire.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson2

who suffers ‘trauma’ b/c they are afraid of the dark gets everything paid

I am sorry for your problems. I have them to. I take care of a sick mother who has dwarfism.
But part of your issue is that you are buying into propaganda and the lies are making you angry.

Do you personally know any single person that has gotten ssi for something as silly as being afraid of the dark?

Whoever is telling you that millennial's are getting all the good stuff while they con the system is lying to you.

likely the one

The real reason for your emotional problems.
I don't get ebt now, but I have. And if you think $150 (the most I could get even when I was homeless) is buying an entire cart of the expensive foods, you are wrong.

If you think being on foodstamps and walefare is so great then quit your job and get on it. After you live that way for a while and find out how much better you have it right now you then ask yourself why anyone would chose to be on walefare if they didn't have to be.

when I’m in pain bad enough to cause tears and cant afford an office visit

Have you tried the aca? Could be much cheaper than your healthcare through your employer.

Even when I do draw my SS at age 62, Ill still have to work until I’m unable

Blame the past and current government for taking your ss, millionals had nothing to do with it and even though they are all paying into ss most of them may not ever see a dime of it once they reach 62. So your better off than them in this regard.

Meanwhile, there are families, in every town in the USA, that haven't held a job for 3 generations. And they live just as well as, if not better, than many who work.

Can you prove this? Do you even talk with any of these people.

You want to blame people that need help for getting it but the truth is walefare is a state and fed program. Blame the state and fed for how they run the programs. Vote for people in your local elections that want to make it easier for people like you to get help.

The millionals didn't do anything to you. It's the government that is denying you the help you need.
edit on 5-7-2018 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

If you see people on public assistance with brand new TVs, a new suv, nice clothes, a new phone, that’s not from public assistance or welfare.

I’ve been on public assistance and it doesn’t pay enough for any of that. All that stuff is from something a little “extra-legal”, to put it nicely.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brywilson2
I’m gonna rant a bit here.

Um... actually it sounds more like just a whine. And the really sad thing about it is that you are competing with the lowest rung on the ladder rather than the highest. And it's those on the highest rung who have wronged you and all of us the greatest. Not the folks at the bottom.

...we both feel constant pain... But, no matter what, no matter how tired we are, we get up and go to work, every day.

My heart really goes out to you for your health issues. I know it's no consolation, but there are millions of people just like you that have to work with various health issues. But hating on the poorest among us isn't going to fix that.

I’m still trying to figure that one out.In a system where millennials get ssi for the asking...

Do you really believe that? Seriously?

I've applied, and was rejected, 3x…...think about that-someone who has always worked, and paid into the system, can’t get even partial help, yet someone who suffers ‘trauma’ b/c they are afraid of the dark gets everything paid for…...by me and others like me.

But who made it so hard for you to get the relief you need? It wasn't the Millenials. It wasn't the poor folk on welfare and food stamps. But you're so focused on hating on them, that you will ignore those who created this mess and continue to profit off this mess!!! How about corporate welfare? How about the mega international corporations who not only do not pay any income tax, but still get REFUNDS from the taxpayer? You begrudge the little guy buying $50 worth of pizzas for his big screen TV -- which, for all you know, was a gift from someone -- but don't have a problem with the guys in their private jets and multiple mansions and luxury cars that they got at our expense???

Thats yet another issue.....I have a college degree, in IT......cant get a job the pays well, b/c I dont have the masters. Positions offered to me in the IT field pay little better than minimum wage. TBH, I do ok in my job, but not what 'the american dream' led me to believe.

Are you familiar with H1B visas??? That's why you can't make a better living in the IT field. It's not the poor guy you're delivering pizzas to. It's the congress critters and crony capitalists that are selling you out.

There are people I see, in my work……..I deliver to a LOT of welfare recipients,who will order $50.00 worth of pizza, and not tip a single #ing dime...

Somehow I think if they did tip you -- and especially if they tipped you well! -- that you'd find fault with them for wasting their welfare tipping you.

...I look in their house when I deliver, and you know what I see?

Interesting. I hope you never deliver pizza to my house.

I paid For all that, yet I don't get to enjoy any of it.

You paid for ALL that? All by your lonesome??? No other taxpayers contributed, just you??? Wow.

I work to stay one step ahead of the wolf. People who don’t work can get utility assistance….I get turned off if I don't pay.I go grocery shopping, I get staples: some meat, crackers, potatoes, etc.The welfare rats, wets, and meth heads get far better food than I do…...paid for by me and others like me.

Whew! At least you acknowledge you're not carrying the weight of all these welfare queens on your own shoulders...

Go watch a grocery check out line the first week of the month…..likely the one with a full cart of expensive items will pay with an EBT card.

No, thank you. I have much better things to do -- much more proactive and productive and life affirming -- than to spy on others only to judge them. If anything, I would give a prayer of thanks and gratitude that there but for the grace of God go I...

I applied for medicare a few years ago. Of course I was told i was ineligible b/c the quota for single white males had been met already.Those were the caseworkers exact words.

I have a very hard time believing that. But even if true, do you really believe that? Because there's racial quotas on the books for single white males?

Meanwhile, there was an obvious illegal in the office, asking why her food stamps were cut from 400 to 300.

Obvious how?

She had designer jeans on, a nice phone, and a newer SUV outside.I was wearing used jeans from the thrift shop, had a 49.00 phone, and was driving a 20 yr old vehicle.

I find it very creepy that you were so interested in someone else... and that you are so quick to think the worst of someone. How do you know she didn't buy her jeans at the thrift store too? How do you know that she wasn't borrowing that SUV?

I am a straight, white, married, middle aged christian male.By all I've read, I'm in the largest group of employees, voters, etc. Yet me and others like me are treated like show ponies. Need more tax income for illegal aliens? Put more of us to work, tax us more, refuse us our own earnings returned in the form of assistance, vilify us as racist, useless, homophobes, whatever…...all so we toe the line and give our lives away to the non contributing ungrateful.

No. Just no. This is all so that we can be corporate slaves for the elites. And if they're reading this, you can bet they're laughing with glee and thanking you for playing their game. You see, what they want more than anything is for all of us to be just like the welfare recipients that you are "ranting" against while giving the fat cats a free pass.

Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.
edit on 5-7-2018 by Boadicea because: formatting

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Buy a cucumber and slice some off of it every day and take a small copper supplement in the evening. Copper works with the silcicates in the cucumber to help relieve pain. A pickle will work for the cucumber, but make sure that the pickles do not have alum in them or any aluminum chemicals in them as those will make arthritis worse. Copper enzymes are very important working with cox it helps to treat the pain. Aspirin needs copper enzymwes to actually work at reducing pain.

Also, find a decent multimineral pill and make sure it contains at least sixty seven percent of molybdenum and some selenium and manganese.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I feel your pain, literally. I have a herniated disk (L4)/pinched nerve that kills me at times. I've found that Kratom (make sure it's legal in your state!) is a great alternative to opiates for me. (effective pain relief/low cost)

IMHO your anger w/those who "game" the welfare system is slightly misplaced. I basically agree with underworks.

Unless you're a minority with many children under the age of 18. I worked at a pawn and gun shop. You wouldn't believe the number of gov checks we cashed for over $10k around tax time. Some pawn shops still buy ebt credits/'food stamps' for pennies on the dollar.

edit on 7/5/2018 by CW0074 because: still figuring out how to quote a members post

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

If you see people on public assistance with brand new TVs, a new suv, nice clothes, a new phone, that’s not from public assistance or welfare.

I’ve been on public assistance and it doesn’t pay enough for any of that. All that stuff is from something a little “extra-legal”, to put it nicely.

Unless you're a minority with many children under the age of 18. I worked at a pawn and gun shop. You wouldn't believe the number of gov checks we cashed for over $10k around tax time. Some pawn shops still buy ebt credits/'food stamps' for pennies on the dollar.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

My dad's gone through a similar situation, he's 58. His neck got #ed while working and he's been battling with workers comp for years over it. He's still had to work despite having metal plates put into his neck and constant pain and bouts of numbness and partial paralysis. His working has been making it worse for years. Yet every bit of money he's had to get has taken years of going to mandated doctors and chiropractors that made things worse. He was told straight up by one of the worker's comp people if he was 20 years younger they would have paid for retraining and a bunch of other things. But because of his age they weren't going to do that.

Yet....I know someone who's been on workers comp for the almost decade i've known them because working gives her stomach aches. She was 24 when I met her she's never worked in that time, spends her time going out and partying or sitting at home...
edit on 5/7/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I have pains in my left hip for two years now.. the first year I was in panic mode and thought I could not keep living with the pain.. I have been to countless doctors and tried alternative medicine.. many MR scans.. they cannot pinpoint it. I think its a nerve that is stuck in my hip that is grinding up and down.. every time I move.

But I have kind of just accepted the pain now.. its part of me... Its hard. BUT the alternative is me thinking about it all the time.. and the more I think about the pain the more I feel it.. So when everything fails.. accept it, and welcome the pain.
The pain was FELT less after that.

Good luck man.. life is filled with pain.. some of it we just have to live with and forget it
edit on 5-7-2018 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Buy a cucumber and slice some off of it every day and take a small copper supplement in the evening. Copper works with the silcicates in the cucumber to help relieve pain. A pickle will work for the cucumber, but make sure that the pickles do not have alum in them or any aluminum chemicals in them as those will make arthritis worse. Copper enzymes are very important working with cox it helps to treat the pain. Aspirin needs copper enzymwes to actually work at reducing pain.

Also, find a decent multimineral pill and make sure it contains at least sixty seven percent of molybdenum and some selenium and manganese.

And...

Tumeric
Physical Therapy or Restoritive Yoga.
Agua Therapy at the Y.
Massage

There is lots to be done for pain other then pharmaceulicals. Have you tried CBD oil/tincture or a combo of THC/CBD?

I have many friends who have cronic pain and have found non-narcotic methods that work better then the drugs.

As for the other stuff - well it does distract from the pain.

Best Wishes.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: rickymouse

And...

Tumeric
Physical Therapy or Restoritive Yoga.
Agua Therapy at the Y.
Massage

There is lots to be done for pain other then pharmaceulicals. Have you tried CBD oil/tincture or a combo of THC/CBD?

I have many friends who have cronic pain and have found non-narcotic methods that work better then the drugs.

As for the other stuff - well it does distract from the pain.

Best Wishes.

Turmeric contains copper and it is in a form that is very bioavailable. Turmeric also has other antiinflamatory properties too. I am not sold in Turmeric being a super chemistry though, I do eat some now and then, usually in mustard, but if I eat food containing it too often I do not feel right at all. I consider it a medicine to use when I need it. A half a teaspoon of yellow mustard sure stops cramps, but it is treating the symptoms, not curing anything. To fix it, I will pop a calcium supplement or maybe a magnesium supplement. It seems the calcium works better for cramping for me, I tend to get enough magnesium.

Some people will benefit greatly by eating Turmeric often, but the types of thiols in it are not that good for me, I seem to do better with the thiols in onion than with Turmeric. I also learned not to eat too much garlic years ago.

I have CBD oil pills, derived from Hemp. They do work pretty good for my epilepsy, but so does Taurine. I do not seem to have a problem with a small dose of Taurine, five hundred MG is plenty for me. Too much might not be a good thing, I have limited ability to detox sulfur foods and supplements.
edit on 5-7-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: trontech
I went through the same thing. I finally got sick of it and moved to the heartland where everyone helps each other. I have a lot of the same back and spinal issues you do. I have an apartment manager job and my wife does the groundskeeper job. But at least I can get help if I need it. I will turn 62 this Dec. and I can't wait! I will get to really retire.

I live in the heartland.....indiana.
I have lived in NM, OH, IL, MI, and traveled in younger years........
I always end up back in Indiana farm country.
Now, I have wife, projects, roots....plus I'm 52. Ill likely die here, unless we can afford to move further north.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

who suffers ‘trauma’ b/c they are afraid of the dark gets everything paid

I am sorry for your problems. I have them to. I take care of a sick mother who has dwarfism.
But part of your issue is that you are buying into propaganda and the lies are making you angry.

Do you personally know any single person that has gotten ssi for something as silly as being afraid of the dark?

Alcoholism, social anxiety, even anger issues.....yes, I know people on the dole for ridiculous issues

Whoever is telling you that millennial's are getting all the good stuff while they con the system is lying to you.

likely the one

The real reason for your emotional problems.
I don't get ebt now, but I have. And if you think $150 (the most I could get even when I was homeless) is buying an entire cart of the expensive foods, you are wrong.

If you think being on foodstamps and walefare is so great then quit your job and get on it. After you live that way for a while and find out how much better you have it right now you then ask yourself why anyone would chose to be on walefare if they didn't have to be.

I never said it was great...its meant to help those who cant help themselves....not someone who pops kids out yearly, or has a case od laziness.
I don't because I believe in being a net asset to my society....as long as I can, I will work and contribute, not suck away the contributions of others.

when I’m in pain bad enough to cause tears and cant afford an office visit

Have you tried the aca? Could be much cheaper than your healthcare through your employer.

My employer insures me better than ACA can, for much cheaper.

Even when I do draw my SS at age 62, Ill still have to work until I’m unable

Blame the past and current government for taking your ss, millionals had nothing to do with it and even though they are all paying into ss most of them may not ever see a dime of it once they reach 62. So your better off than them in this regard.

Meanwhile, there are families, in every town in the USA, that haven't held a job for 3 generations. And they live just as well as, if not better, than many who work.

Can you prove this? Do you even talk with any of these people.

Why would I talk with them? I CAN prove it....I can see them every time I drive through certain areas

You want to blame people that need help for getting it but the truth is walefare is a state and fed program. Blame the state and fed for how they run the programs. Vote for people in your local elections that want to make it easier for people like you to get help.

The millionals didn't do anything to you. It's the government that is denying you the help you need.

Yes, but the govt pays them with my, and other taxpayers $$$$$, to NOT contribute or be gainful.
I stand by what I say

new topics

top topics

join