It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Derangement Syndrome - Is Unhingeing People

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
People are doing stupid stuff, they are literally losing their minds over what, just a man.
People like Michael Moore are fanning the flames of insanity.

First off Trump does and says stupid stuff, he implements some policies that are good and some that are bad, I say don't drink the cool-aid either way.
Everything he does is not 100% good or bad. For example he wants to enforce the legal laws of the land when it comes to immigration and to stop people from illegally entering the country. He wants to appoint judges that are not so progressive that change the very fabric of American society, these are good things. Here is some bad thing, he is treating his allies like Canada with contempt and disrespect.
His style is hyperbolic, not the greatest for trying to get along with people either.

Now on to TDS that is effecting people
TDS DEFINED

Justin Raimondo divided the "syndrome" into three stages; in the first, those who "lose all sense of proportion," next, they experience "a profound effect on ... vocabulary" and begin to "speak a distinctive language consisting solely of hyperbole," and, in the final stage, the afflicted "lose the ability to distinguish fantasy from reality."[11] Jonathan S. Tobin defines it as "disgust at his manner and his tweets such that all distinctions between him and genuine villains is lost."[5] Fareed Zakaria defined the Syndrome as "hatred of President Trump so intense that it impairs people’s judgment."

Here is just 2 examples

Good thing he was outed and fired from his job.

Captured and Arrested

I could go on and on, but I think the point is made, people have stopped thinking for themselves, and are being driven by a MSM and social media push that is not healthy mentally or emotionally.

People get a grip, this is not the end of the world like it is being portrayed. Try some critical thinking skills that drive independent thinking that is neither Democrat or Republican. But those calling for the total abolition of ICE must have TDS as they no longer care about any laws, just do the opposite of what Trump wants to do, out of hate and spite, exactly what they are condemning themselves.

edit on 5-7-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

HMM lets see I did my critical thinking and looked at the numbers. I like where America is heading and I still think he is a giant turd. But he is doing very well....surprisingly. And this is coming from a “lefty”.

TDS is not a real freaking thing! It is just a term coined by the far-right. The more you use it the more you fall into a spectrum of propaganda.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I agree people are losing their collective minds over this asshole. On one hand, I really don't like the man, but he does the odd thing right. On the other hand, I find myself yelling at CNN, defending him.

It's like he has a cult-like following, which is disturbing, and the opposite side is so full of hatred, I'm surprised I don't see heads literally exploding from the rage.

Disturbing, and mildly entertaining. It's weird.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This goes both ways. His devout followers are equally as insane. I'm just here in the middle laughing.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

An interesting reply.....TDS is real for some people, obviously your not one of them

I do find it disturbing seeing those that view him with cult like admiration, that he can never say or do anything wrong, this would be the exact opposite of TDS. He is so polarizing, that is not a good thing for American society, then again so was Bush and Obama, just not to this level of extreme. The last President that wasn't was Reagan in 1984, maybe because he was a former democrat and by his second term the blue dogs came over.
edit on 5-7-2018 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There's a lot more to this then just "Trump" hatred or hatred of Trump.

The election of Trump has empowered the Leftists to express their racial and class hatreds.
To fail to understand that is to miss the bigger picture.

And its only going to get worse.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
...policies...“Some are good, some are bad”...just like EVERY POTUS since the first, George Washington. It is unfortunate some are so uneducated they don’t realize that. Then again, since the current liberal schools, at all levels, teach revisionist history, it’s certainly not surprising.
edit on 5/7/2018 by Lab4Us because: Added ...policies... at the beginning for those who would disingenuously twist my posts meaning...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
On the other hand, I find myself yelling at CNN, defending him.

It's like he has a cult-like following,

Yep, that is his "cult" following. People who haven't lost their marbles yet, calling out the lies for what they are. Shame on them.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

The "definition" of TDS you provided describes the same sort of stuff we saw with Obama, and Bush, and Clinton, etc... In fact, that "definition" describes many people on many different aspects, including comments such as this:

I could go on and on, but I think the point is made, people have stopped thinking for themselves, and are being driven by a MSM and social media push that is not healthy mentally or emotionally.

Is this an indication you have Media Derangement Syndrome?

Literally, you could apply the same standards to a myriad of topics and come away with the conclusion that people are somehow delusioned and deranged.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

I do see others in my family(mom looking at you) that have this “TDS” and they refuse to actually acknowledge how well America is doing now. To be honest I thought Trump was going to destroy everything I love. But he has done the opposite. So if it turns out that he is a good man then he has my vote next time around.

I still think he is a giant turd. But I am too so I can’t fault him for it.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Truth be told.

They were deranged long before Trump ever came on the scene.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I dunno man, doing things like tearing children away from their families to be used as a punitive weapon punishing those seeking asylum is so cartoonishly monstrously evil that I can see why some people gravitate to extreme displays of displeasure to voice their feelings.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
I dunno man, doing things like tearing children away from their families to be used as a punitive weapon punishing those seeking asylum is so cartoonishly monstrously evil that I can see why some people gravitate to extreme displays of displeasure to voice their feelings.

It's to the point now that claiming someone has TDS is nothing more than a lazy tactic of those that cannot seem to justify in their minds that someone else does not think or believe the same way they do.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

This is not a real illness. Believing in this is how people divide each other and label those they don't like.

Loving your country enough to want to stand up against what you feel is destroying it is patriotic.

Being patriotic is not an illness.

There are many ways to be patriotic.

being angry at the government is not an illness.

The truth hurts I know.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Truth be told.

Yep, and Trump is the trigger and Troller in Chief of them

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
This 2 party system does lend itself very well for the current polarization. And Trump has been an opportunist who doesnt shy away from capitalizing on that, for better or for worse

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I just love my country and see a President putting her first for the first time in a long time. Wanting your country to prosper is now considered “far right”.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

originally posted by: neo96
Truth be told.

Yep, and Trump is the trigger and Troller in Chief of them

What ever helps you sleep at night

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
My favorite part of TDS is to take a policy of Trump's and tell anti Trump people it's the other parties policy. They agree with it so much and start talking about how the opposite of the Policy ie, the Democrat policy, is so bad.

The look on their faces when I show them what stance (Trumps) they are actually supporting is precious.

It's like the videos you see but it happens right before your eyes.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I liked Micheal Moores first couple of movies and articles, but he went overboard many moons ago. Moore has gone Hulu now, he is not talking rationally at all. I would think he may be colluding with the Russians and even some Europeans who want to take over this country.to disrupt our society and create chaos.

Moore actually calls others fascist but the way he talks himself is extremely fascist. I no longer like Moores chaos, I stopped watching him and feeding his ego at least eight years ago when I saw all he was doing is trying to make himself look important. He is nothing other than a deceiver and I do not think he can even comprehend he is one himself, I think he has deceived himself into believing he is helping society. He is definitely not helping society anymore, he may be helping our enemies though.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join