It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clearest Photo EVER Of An Unexplained Aerial Object Caught On Video In 2014?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I hear at least one airplane flying pretty close to the observer. Is it possible this location is near an airport?

If so, is there any data about what may have been tracked on RADAR? That is if one was present at the airport.

It would be necessary to get more geographical information to help eliminate other possible sources for a balloon. For instance, a nearby stadium could be using a dirigible of some sort to record its activities.

The local airport may be hosting a commercial blimp for maintenance or refueling.

A local car dealer may be flying an advertising balloon.

A lot more contextual information is necessary to make any plausible guess as to the object's origin. Just the single image and video we have here is not enough to rule out other typical terrestrial explanations.

-dex

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Ack. If you zoom in the pixilation looks like there are beings inside the “windows.”

I have no idea if this is real or a hoax, or what.

Excellent find, OP, just for the sheer fun of it!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Seems a little dirty for the classical shiny objects I'm used to.
Also the rim just below the black rectangles seem to be out of alignment when compared to the black rectangles

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I agree with the Sputnik balloon criticism.

When will all agree that aliens will come to Earth, stand on the red carpet, pose as directed to by Andy Dick, and let us get verifiable close up photographs of them standing next to Lady Gaga, so we can decide which one is actually from another planet?

No way they'd ever partake in this blurry crap. We couldn't even get their good side.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

I think we know what it is.

Either that, or swamp gas.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Whatever it is, it’s probably human made. If the aliens technology is this janky I doubt they could have made it all the way to earth.

It looks like a fake ufo someone would make back in the 1960s. But then again, what if there are species of aliens that are idiots for all intents and purposes? Just living off the technology a smarter species invented.

It makes sense those would be the ones who would want to contact us.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
What can this object be? Your guess is as good as mine.

I think the most interesting thing about it is the way the antennae move in the video. You can really see it at about the 1:00 minute mark. They seem to jump from one position to another, rather than just slowly rotate. If this was a hoax, somebody sure worked hard to put in the detail of the moving antennae for basically no reason.

Also, I like that it's so smudgy.
edit on 5-7-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
holy crap! i made that thread on reddit, acmesrv is my alt, LMAO

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
interesting. sputnik-y. has a 'steampunk' look to it. clearly not a balloon at any rate.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Nop.

False.

Why would they be at the windows?

Everyone knows aliens can see through the walls.
edit on 5/7/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz5
interesting. sputnik-y. has a 'steampunk' look to it. clearly not a balloon at any rate.

Yep, agreed.

The sheen, IMO, seems right given the proposed time of day and location

It's movement is throwing me off.

For being the "Clearest Photo EVER" of a UFO... it sure isn't clear.

It has us discussing it though - it checks all the UFO boxes. UFO Stamp of Approval!!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

That has me intrigued as well. The "twitching" of those 2 antenna-like extensions. I'm surprised nobody in the previous comments mentioned this

Watch the video folks

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
a reply to: Blue Shift

That has me intrigued as well. The "twitching" of those 2 antenna-like extensions. I'm surprised nobody in the previous comments mentioned this

Watch the video folks

Throughout the whole video or is there a moment you guys had in mind?

It juts looks like an optical issue with camera not being able to pic up the thin antennas due to its size and distance.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
Throughout the whole video or is there a moment you guys had in mind?
It juts looks like an optical issue with camera not being able to pic up the thin antennas due to its size and distance.

That's what I thought at first, too, but I don't want to just write it off as that, since that's not what it really looks like. Maybe there are clearer moments of it, but try looking around the 1:00 minute mark with the video expanded to full screen.
edit on 5-7-2018 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I saw 4 of those drifting over The Midlands U.K. about 17 years ago.

The two furthest apart from each other where about a quarter of a mile apart. When i first spotted them approaching in the distance i assumed they where 4 helicopters. As they flew overhead i realised they where what has been posted here.

Even though i had a mobile phone with me, unfortunately phones didn't have cameras in those days.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Wow, that's really fascinating.

The movement in the video is perplexing, and the object itself is quite bizarre.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

My vote is it's a satellite .

Vanguard 1

Whats going on at around 3:40 ?
edit on 7/5/2018 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
It looks like a replica of early satellites, with some extra windows painted on it. Could have detached and flown up from a car dealership or an expo in town or who knows what else.

I doubt aliens use the blueprints from our 1950s to cross the expanse of space.

Unless... those are cattle-prods?!

P.S. I very much believe in aliens, I believe we have been visited and our history and art shows it. I also believe 99.9% of sightings is BS and people just need to apply occam's razor to stuff like this.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
I also believe 99.9% of sightings is BS and people just need to apply occam's razor to stuff like this.

Well, Occam's Razor is double-sided. Is it reasonable to dismiss the sighting because the UFO isn't pretty enough?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: Kharron
I also believe 99.9% of sightings is BS and people just need to apply occam's razor to stuff like this.

Well, Occam's Razor is double-sided. Is it reasonable to dismiss the sighting because the UFO isn't pretty enough?

The thing floats in the whole video, it never moved, it never disappeared, it never performed any maneuvers that human objects cannot do, changed course, speed. In fact, it never did anything a balloon cannot do.

What do you think occam's razor says in this scenario?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join