It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clearest Photo EVER Of An Unexplained Aerial Object Caught On Video In 2014?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I'm not saying this object is "extraterrestrial", but I do believe that it's the clearest photo of an unidentifed aerial object that I've ever seen. Sceptics point out, that nearly all UFO videos and/or photos, are either unstable or blurry, then say that it must be a hoax, if they see a sharp, clear picture of one. This photo was submitted to MUFON in late 2014, by a guy named "Rick", who captured it on film, while pulling in his driveway at @6:55 p.m., in San Diego, California. I attempted to look for the case file, at the MUFON website, but now you need to be a member to search their database on old sightings. I'm not paying to be a member...perhaps one of you are and could look it up?

Here's the photo:

I found some information on this sighting, that mentions that the witness viewed this object for @ 45 minutes and took pictures and a video of it.

The witness was pulling into his driveway at around 6:55 p.m. when he noticed a bright orb hovering above and beyond his neighbors’ home. He immediately noticed the orb because it reflected the sunset orange and the sky was completely clear. At first, he was thinking of a balloon or some kind of strange looking helicopter, but he noticed that it did not have any rotors.

He attempted to get a better sight by going to his backyard. He estimated that the mysterious aerial thing seemed to be less than a mile away above residences. After 5 minutes, he got his camera and set it up with a tripod. He managed to take few photos and then got his video camera. He then started to capture video as well for around 20 minutes.

At times, the orb would go down behind a large tree, and then would slowly come up behind tree and reappear. The object stayed stable before it started to drift away in slow motion to the southwest direction. The witness then eventually lost sight of it because it was too dark.

Here's a comment from the witness, posted on this website, concerning his video and the camera he used to take the still photo and video:

Rick OCTOBER 5, 2014 AT 5:13 AM "Here is the video. My son showed my how to post onto youtube. youtu.be/W6B48Eb6Fno He also wanted me to tell you that he doesn’t think I am technologically savvy enough to manipulate anything. It took me 2 weeks to figure out how to get if off of my video camera and onto my computer. Any shake in the video is me holding the camera. My still camera was in the tripod. I used a 270 zoom on my Nikon D80 to shoot the still photo. I blew it up and cropped it in Lightroom. Sorry Aj, that I don’t meet your standards. Just showing your what I saw. Nothing more, nothing less."

www.latest-ufo-sightings.net...

Here's the video:

Reading the many comments concerning this sighting, most people think it's a terrestrial object...either a drone, balloon or a hoax. I don't see any drone rotors on this object, nor do I see a tether, which would be used to keep a balloon stable in the air. The witness claimed that it started to "drift" away after about 45 minutes, but there's no evidence showing that in the video. After watching the video, i found it strange how the object, at first, appeared to hover very still, before "bobbing" around in the air. It's tough to judge how big this object is, so I took three screen shots, showing an enclosure of some kind and the object, hovering above it, in the distance.

What can this object be? Your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Looks like a balloon and moves like a balloon. Hmmm, it must be a flying saucer then.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It looks like a Styrofoam ball painted silver and drawn on with black magic marker, then there are a few sewing pins pushed through it.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Word up. If a person is going to fake a UFO , please do not use "Sputnik" as a model...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Helium weather balloon spray painted gold with some TV aerials stuck on.

A drone with a sphere enclosed around it.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: savvo
Looks like a balloon and moves like a balloon.

So this is no longer "unidentified". It really is a balloon. As is the way with these videos it's difficult to tell the size, but I don't even think it's that big. Nice touch with the foliage though, as that ensured the image had a confused focus. Why cannot people filming UFOs/balloons just stand still?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
looks like a sputnik drone.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

There are a few things about this picture that are suspicious. But firstly, here is an enlarged picture with the saturation turned up and brightness adjusted to reveal as much detail as possible.

The camera was supposed to be a Nikon D80 10.2 Mega Pixel CCD digital camera but the grain looks like you get with chemical film, rather than digital noise. With a D80, at the range estimated, the picture should be crystal clear at quite extreme zooms.

Also, there are vertical discolorations in the picture which lead me to the conclusion that it was printed on a color laser printed and re-scanned, which reduces the color range of the picture and obfuscates fine details (like the possible tether).

Additionally, the bright area on the object is inconsistent with the darkness of the leaves and the apparent lighting on the tent, or whatever the foreground structure is. I would have expected far more leaf-edge detail from the Sun at that angle. But this could be due to the leaves being heavily shaded (which is inconsistent with the tent structure, too).

The rectangular structures around the equator of the object do appear to be raised, from the way there are lighter bits around their border, but this too is inconsistent with the lighting direction in at some points.

Also the 'out of round' of the object suggests a tethered balloon.

I couldn't really say if it was fake or not, but I'd lean towards fake due to lighting inconsistency and signs that the image had undergone unnecessary manipulation.

edit on 5/7/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Nice find...

I'll try and analyse some of the video myself. I'm not sure why but something is interesting about this "thing"...

If it were a balloon, that is one windless location for it to move so little. And if it were a drone some propellors should be visible, right?

Anyway...let's try and pick this apart.

Thanks for sharing...S+F

Peace

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Are people literally insane?

Seriously, some people bewilder me, you could give the most incredible evidence to date of a UFO and they'd still deny it or say it's a weather balloon.

This is clearly not a weather balloon, anyone who's ever seen a weather balloon can tell you this is 110% NOT a weather balloon.

Looks like a balloon and moves like a balloon. Hmmm, it must be a flying saucer then.

Are you tripping, it has windows, looks like no balloon I've ever seen.

Like I said, you could have really strong photographic video/picture evidence but some people will never, ever be convinced.

Anyway, this picture instantly made me think of the Robert Taylor UFO case, again there was strong evidence in this case as when the police investigated there were burn marks left in the ground from the UFO and they were radio active.

en.wikipedia.org...

The object looks pretty close to what he described. I'm not saying it is an ET craft but it certainly isn't a weather balloon and would be a strange design for any other type of balloon. The video is rather suspect and strange, it's strange how the object has little to no movement, the video leaves me feeling uneasy in regards to the authenticity of the whole thing.

Hopefully, a MUFON member here can provide the case number and more details about the case.

Anyway OP thanks for posting this, really good case!
edit on 5-7-2018 by R1CK3O because: added content

edit on 5-7-2018 by R1CK3O because: spelling/grammar

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Lol definitely not a drone. How is it moving?

Could be a balloon, but it seems like it has an metallic structure? And windows?

If it's a balloon then it shouldn't be hard to find this model anywhere in the internet. Never seen anything like that.

Thanks for sharing!
edit on 5/7/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: R1CK3O

Seriously, some people bewilder me, you could give the most incredible evidence to date of a UFO and they'd still deny it or say it's a weather balloon.

Someone would have to present the most incredible evidence , first
Hasn't happened yet.

"I want to believe" . Yet folks keep producing these obvious fakes to get views on YouTube that are trying desperately to prevent me from believing...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Someone would have to present the most incredible evidence , first
Hasn't happened yet.

"I want to believe" . Yet folks keep producing these obvious fakes to get views on YouTube that are trying desperately to prevent me from believing...

The point is, it's easy to call everything a fake, I have no doubt there are a lot of fakes out there some of them are painfully obvious BUT I also have no doubt that there are some (probably few and far between) that have been labelled as hoaxes but are genuine.

I'm not saying that's the case here like I said, I was amazed by the photo but then I viewed the video and it left me feeling somewhat uneasy and unsure as to whether or not this was genuine.

There are some things though, like the famous tic tac UFO footage, there's no way you can say that's a hoax yet you still remarkably get people who do or say it's some larger conspiracy from the government trying to feed us disinformation.

Some people 'want to believe', as they say, but won't believe unless a UFO landed on their own front lawn and an ET came out of the craft and slapped them in the face.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The point is, it's easy to call everything a fake

You should have stopped there.....
Folks would not be able to see that one real tree in the forest of fakes.
In this case , I doubt if aliens could travel trillions of mile of space in the old Russian Sputnik.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

The point is, it's easy to call everything a fake

You should have stopped there.....
Folks would not be able to see that one real tree in the forest of fakes.
In this case , I doubt if aliens could travel trillions of mile of space in the old Russian Sputnik.

No, now you're making yourself look foolish.

Nobody has said this is an ET craft, it could easily be some top-secret military craft or drone, it could be an ET drone of some type, you're the one drawn conclusions and making assumptions as to what everyone else thinks it is.

one real tree in the forest of fakes?

There are also countless witness testimonies from credible people (Sirius Disclosure) that are way too many to count, there's a sea of credible stuff out there it's just people like yourself don't want to accept that but w/e

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I think we know what it is.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Who in their right mind thinks UFOs are a figment of humans imagination and objects seen in the skies are all easily identified?

Are people literally insane?

So many seem to be when quite a few say a very similar thing like you have.

No one has ever claimed UFOs don't exist if we use what the term means, you can argue many have claimed UFO don't exist if they are actually meaning Alien spacecraft which UFOs are not until one is identified as such.

This is clearly not a weather balloon, anyone who's ever seen a weather balloon can tell you this is 110% NOT a weather balloon.

Because there is only 1 kind of weather balloon we humans use, just 1 model of car, we never make the same things but with different designs.

Like I said, you could have really strong photographic video/picture evidence but some people will never, ever be convinced.

you said evidence of UFOs which isn't needed, UFOs exist, I can throw a shoe over my back fence and a person walking by see's it at the corner of their eye, their mind tries to put together what they have just seen, They cannot, its unidentified, it was an object and it was flying through the air after being thrown.

My point is anything unidentified up there is a UFO, NO one claims unidentified things don't exist.

Thinking anyone has is insane.

I'm not saying it is an ET craft but it certainly isn't a weather balloon and would be a strange design for any other type of balloon.

a strange design for a balloon, so one looking a flying saucer or dragon is normal but one looking like Sputnik is strange?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I'll explain how it's faked. Look at the first video at 7:39 and watch for about 15 seconds. you will see the focus on the plant right in front of the camera and the "ball" is still somewhat in focus, but then focus quickly on the craft when the plant leaves the screen. This is something like a ping-pong ball on a string and is probably has a weight at the bottom of the string or someone is holding it down, and then a line/string is supporting it from above. The camera couldn't focus like that if it was 400-1,000+ yards away, and have the plant in focus as it was. It just wouldn't happen.

In addition to that, it is kind of dark/over-cast.grey out which makes the line hard to see, no reflection of the line. Then there is the 360x240 resolution, which will guarantee the string is blended into the background even if it were to be captured. That is why all these videos are always in low resolution, because it makes "smearing" the support structure easy.

It's all about perspective. Take a small object with no focal point around it and you can't tell if it is 1cm in size and 1m in front of you of 1km in size and 40km away from you. The plant gave this away and the resolution, time of day and weather made it easier to trick people.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

We actually have Sputnik drones at my work.

They are really just balloons carrying explosives.
We send them up into a draw point thats hung up, underground.
Then detonate it from surface.

They work pretty damn well.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   

What makes people think that this couldn't be human made??

<<   2  3  4 >>

join