It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children assaulted at Whataburger for wearing maga hat Civility abandoned....

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: JinMI

Whoa, wait... he was an employee?

In a perfect world, he would never get another job.... anywhere...

TheRedneck

He was apparently employed somewhere but not at Whataburger. The restaurant (Whataburger) where this took place gave a statement from its corporate office stating that there were no employees of theirs involved in the incident nor did any of their employees witness anything.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Kharron

Did you ever do merc work with Blackwater/Xe/Academi?

They are the same company...

I know. That's why I didn't use an 'or'.

Most mercs have, you must have. On my deployment to Kosovo, I worked with the 10th group out of Bragg for most of my 3 years there. Many of them have moved onto Blackwater.

I understand if you're still under contract and can't share the juicy stuff. Maybe in a few years we'll get some good threads out of you on it.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: JBurns

Report him. DJW has no real contributions anyhow. He absolutely should be banned. Radical leftists don't deserve a voice in politics if they can't control their racism, their leftist hate for America/Americans or their violent tendencies (especially toward young children)

People don't "deserve" free speech unless they can refrain from saying things you don't like?

They aren't real Americans. No need to pretend otherwise, or treat them as if they were.

Good thing about having rights as individuals: People such as yourself do not get to decide when we get to exercise them, even when you use rhetoric that tries to paint others as being unAmerican.

So now we should just be allowed to call people crackers and N#### ?

Yes. That is free speech.

But that does not mean there are not consequences for what we say or that we have to agree with what they say.

What would you suggest otherwise? Perhaps jail time for those that say things that hurt your feelings?

LOL well I was just talking about on ATS. In general you can say whatever you want.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Witness says teens in viral MAGA hat video were joking about lynching black people before Whataburger attack

A witness at the scene, who wishes to remain anonymous spoke out and said the teenager hurled racist remarks before the man attacked them.

“They were talking about for the Fourth of July hanging black people from trees that that would be the perfect party. Hopefully, with Donald Trump within the next few years, we can celebrate a white country, a real country without blacks. Maybe we can deport them to Africa,” the witness told KENS-TV.

“They said they wanted it to be legal for white people to kill any other race for the Fourth of July,” the witness said.

There's always more to a story...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Yeah, he was employed at a bar called Rumble, who to their credit, fired him on the spot and apologized (although I don't know what they have to apologize for). The Green Party, which he was a member of, has kicked him out. And now I hear he has been arrested.

This makes me feel better... letting someone like this off the hook only emboldens them, and he seems to have been quite bold enough already.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The hat works then.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

It doesn't get any easier keeping in anything resembling decent shape, does it?

Old man strength...

Ya, I get to the gym about 2/3 times a week. Still lift very heavy though, but joints don't have the same travel range as they once had. At some point instead of fighting if I get into a situation like that I might use other means.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

"anonymous source"

Suuuuuure... we've been down this road how many times?

Meanwhile, the attacker appears to have a felony vehicle theft and 5 (yes, 5) DUIs on his record, making him a felon. Hmm... who to sympathize with here, the 16 year old who was assaulted and who's property was stolen, or an anonymous source trying to cover a convicted felon's ass? Hmmm... toss the dude in the slam and misplace the key for a few years until he learns how to behave himself in civilization.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

"anonymous source"

Suuuuuure... we've been down this road how many times?

Meanwhile, the attacker appears to have a felony vehicle theft and 5 (yes, 5) DUIs on his record, making him a felon. Hmm... who to sympathize with here, the 16 year old who was assaulted and who's property was stolen, or an anonymous source trying to cover a convicted felon's ass? Hmmm... toss the dude in the slam and misplace the key for a few years until he learns how to behave himself in civilization.

Irrelevant.

It's the same road that is traveled when there's a police on citizen violence "but the video doesn't show the whole situation" we're told.

Either the video does, or the video does not.

Which is it?
edit on 16Thu, 05 Jul 2018 16:17:59 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Xtrozero

Shoulder length hair, going silver (not gray, dammit!)...and a beard rapidly approaching mountain man status??

I'm 58 so a little older, but still doing somewhat merc work so in good shape. Mil hair/clean shave unless I'm in the desert...lol

Do you happen to know Steve Gern?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Minus some degree of physical confrontation preceding the recording, what can be added that changes the situation? A thug strong armed, intimidated, assaulted, and stole from a 16 year old. If the table was talking smack, so effing what? A 30 year old who cannot control himself in the presence of a 16 year old? Jail, now.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Minus some degree of physical confrontation preceding the recording, what can be added that changes the situation? A thug strong armed, intimidated, assaulted, and stole from a 16 year old. If the table was talking smack, so effing what? A 30 year old who cannot control himself in the presence of a 16 year old? Jail, now.

Are 'fighting words' a thing or not?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I can't believe people here to try to justify this attack by blaming the victims. Assault and/or battery is a crime.

Saying words that anger someone is not a crime, in fact it is protected by the 1st Amendment. Wearing an MAGA hat is a 1st Amendment protected activity.

Committing battery and stealing someone's property is not acceptable. If you disagree with someone, make a better point and show them why they're wrong.

Ridiculous people actually believe the exercise of free speech (in any way) justifies violence. It is much more likely this volatile individual targeted these kids based on their association with MAGA.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Not when you're attacking a minor its not. And theft is never justified.

And in most states, "Fighting words" is used to determine who is the initiator of a fight. Most states' laws hold that mere words alone (not credible imminent threats) do not constitute a provocation and therefore not a justifiable reason to use physical force.

This is pretty clearly a hate crime.

edit on 7/5/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
Witness says teens in viral MAGA hat video were joking about lynching black people before Whataburger attack

A witness at the scene, who wishes to remain anonymous spoke out and said the teenager hurled racist remarks before the man attacked them.

“They were talking about for the Fourth of July hanging black people from trees that that would be the perfect party. Hopefully, with Donald Trump within the next few years, we can celebrate a white country, a real country without blacks. Maybe we can deport them to Africa,” the witness told KENS-TV.

“They said they wanted it to be legal for white people to kill any other race for the Fourth of July,” the witness said.

WItnesses, and they didnt have a cell phone and record it? Not buying it..........PS from the recording we do see that eatery looks VERY empty as well..
edit on 5-7-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2018 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Are 'fighting words' a thing or not?

Not when the speaker is a minor, they're not. That's state law in most states and Texas does consider a 16 year old to be a minor.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Sorry but if I saw this this guy would know the taste of my steel toe boot tread as it emerged from back of his throat after I firmly plant it between his butt cheeks . I don't care if he wasdem,repub,black,white alien or local boy there is no reason to attack kids over a hat.

link   

originally posted by: ker2010

WItnesses, and they didnt have a cell phone and record it? Not buying it..........

Hmm strangely the video started at the point a confrontation was already happening.

Why would someone film before that?

link   

It does matter. No words a minor can say justify using violence against them. This clearly wasn't defensive use of force in any way. It was also accompanied by theft.

However, due to the theft/violence involved this attack it should be charged as a robbery

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Nothing those kids could've said justified his actions. Using physical force/intimidation to commit a theft is known as robbery in most jurisdictions.

The unproven allegations of racial remarks aren't anything near justification for this.
edit on 7/5/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join