It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are Americans so mean to President Trump, my feelings stated below

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Annee

Well, he got the job anyway. Which is better: to keep hoping he'll fail or to keep hoping he'll succeed in spite of his unqualifiedness? He is the President, in control of the Executive branch of our government, and nothing will change that now.

TheRedneck

I hate to point out the obvious, but voting in someone competent to do the job might avoid some of the current pitfalls...

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:32 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I hate to point out the obvious, but voting in someone competent to do the job might avoid some of the current pitfalls...

I hate to point out the obvious, but having someone competent to do the job to vote in might avoid some of the current pitfalls...

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

That's highly debatable. But I respect all opinions and beliefs on the matter. Thank you.
edit on 7-7-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

If you're basing your information solely on how someone sounds online, reacts or posts on twitter or other, then that would include you right dude, don't take it personally just saying. It's like people who believe in Eugenics, is it right? Well, it's ok with Nazis but it's not ok with most others who disagree with them. So are you saying he's a jerk because you solely disagree with him or should people be given a break because you know, Humanity and stuff?

If Everyone was a jerk by trade would it make behaving like one acceptable, or just acceptable to people who aren't running the country? meaning.. It's ok for you to act like an ignorant jerk because your'e a nobody but people in the Media can because they're rich powerful and you like or hate them based on your feelings.

Feelings are nice, but you can't run the world based on feelings. Logic will eventually rear it's head and scare the # out of people like this.

And people like this are the reason the world is #@##@##'d
edit on 7-7-2018 by BotheLumberJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kkintekk

originally posted by: BotheLumberJack
a reply to: Kkintekk

Well then, lucky for you Hell doesn't actually exist.

Well… I am living in one, every day and every seconds, will you follow me..?

Perhaps in my worst nightmare, yes.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

So these folks had first JOINED then got drummed out. Lil Donnie had Daddy call his monied friends and pull strings.

Like how Donnie fills Cabinet Positions.

How do You know Drumpf has $4.5 B? Is that something He boasted about on Twitter™

He is a crook. They are ALL CROOKS.

But enjoy Your game.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: musicismagic

I'm lost for words.

That much is clear.

Our president is a jerk - always has been.

Being a "jerk" is a good quality for a president to have in lots of situations. Comparing Trump to the last president (Obama), who was very much a "sissy" and in some cases a whiny little girl, caused great damage to the national security of this country. Trump being a "jerk" is the very reason that North Korea's leader decided not to keep pushing his luck and may have even saved his country from total destruction.

Some day, if you ever reach maturity and a bit more wisdom, you might understand this.

edit on 7-7-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JugHead

From memory, wasn't Ronald Regan a Movie Star before he Enlisted as Presidential material? Maybe it was just in his bloodline, unlike Trump.

I'm not a Reagan supporter, but . . .

Reagan was twice elected President of the Screen Actors Guild—the labor union for actors—where he worked to root out Communist influence. In the 1950s, he moved into television and was a motivational speaker at General Electric factories. Reagan had been a Democrat until 1962, when he became a conservative and switched to the Republican Party. In 1964, Reagan's speech, "A Time for Choosing", supported Barry Goldwater's foundering presidential campaign and earned him national attention as a new conservative spokesman. Building a network of supporters, he was elected Governor of California in 1966. As governor, Reagan raised taxes, turned a state budget deficit to a surplus, challenged the protesters at the University of California, ordered in National Guard troops during a period of protest movements in 1969, and was re-elected in 1970. He twice ran unsuccessfully for the Republican presidential nomination, in 1968 and 1976. Four years later in 1980, he won the nomination, en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-7-2018 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Well, he got the job anyway. Which is better: to keep hoping he'll fail or to keep hoping he'll succeed in spite of his unqualifiedness? He is the President, in control of the Executive branch of our government, and nothing will change that now.

TheRedneck

He's still unqualified and I'm not gonna sit back and accept that it's OK.

On my FB, someone said: "If you lived during the time of Hitler, what you are doing right now, is what you would have been doing then".

I will not accept Trump. No matter the title he holds.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

TheRedneck

He's still unqualified and I'm not gonna sit back and accept that it's OK.

What makes him "unqualified"? He is a natural born citizen above the age of 35. Those are the qualifications set by the founders.

No person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty-five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States

YOU may have dreamed up some stuff you would like to include but I guess you'll have to get over that stuff as well because according to the Constitution for the United States, he is qualified. See---there's none of that stuff of having to hold office before.

The US is indeed a great country---where if you decide you want to be president you can run and become president on your first try. Trump proved that.

You don't have to "sit back and pretend" it's okay because it really is okay and your health will be better if you get over the fact that he won despite your and my disapproval of his personality.

Furthermore, if the Democrats can't put up someone who can actually run a campaign, you're going to have to accept the fact that he's probably going to be re-elected.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Hate is easy. It's easy to instill, it's easy to encourage.

It takes courage to admit you might be wrong or that your ideology might be flawed.

People don't have courage any more.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

I am well aware of the legal rules for the office of president.

If that's you're only argument. You fail.

I do not accept this unqualified buffoon.

And I'm sure I would have stood against Hitler as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

If that's you're only argument

You fail.

For someone "unqualified" he's certainly done a competent job so far. The economy is booming, the country is rising back to the top in the world where it belongs, and the rule of law is once again in charge. If this is "unqualified," then maybe the real mistake was electing "qualified" people in the first place, considering how badly they've effed us over through history.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I have to ask. . . .

What other presidents in American history have you deemed "unqualified"?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

If that's you're only argument

You fail.

For someone "unqualified" he's certainly done a competent job so far.

I don't agree.

However, history may prove you right. It also may prove you wrong.

Most views depend on the sources you choose to read and believe.

I do appreciate ATS posters providing links from all sides.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The bigger question is why are people being all snowflakey when it comes to people being "mean" to trump? Trump calls people every offensive name in the book and then has the gall to be offended when people are "mean" to him. Boo hoo!!!!
edit on 7-7-2018 by conspiracy nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   

So you oppose free elections. Good to know.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

So you oppose free elections. Good to know.

TheRedneck

I never said that.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Since I believe in and want to live in a civil society, I'll stand by the law that has served us well thus far. I've never believed that anyone "deserves" to be president. I never believed for a moment that a non-politician could win a presidential election the first time out. Even after he won the primary---I still couldn't believe it---until election night.

You may not accept reality but you may encounter a lot of difficulties with such an attitude. I know it's not all that rare to find young children with your attitude but by the time they hit first grade they usually understand that the world doesn't revolve around their wishes no matter how much they scream and stamp their feet.

Don Henley said it best:
"Have you ever noticed that an angry man can only get so far
Until he reconciles the way he thinks things ought to be
With the way things are."

You think Hillary should be president.
I think Gary Johnson should be president.

Guess what---we both need to get over what we think and work on the way things really are. Search out areas of agreement. That's the first step toward moving into maturity. This isn't a middle school popularity contest, it's our future and with your attitude of opposition to everything, nothing is going to change.

You're old enough to know that every president (with the possible exception of Carter) in our lifetime has been a liar, cheater and guilty of plenty of corrupt behavior. Yes, even my hero---JFK---was a jerk and a slimeball behind the curtain. Trump is a hard-driving NYC businessman. I don't have to like the man or 100% of his policies to be able to admit that his fulfillment of his promises to remove the individual mandate and cut taxes on the middle class has made a substantial positive difference in my life and in the lives of many of my loved ones. I never ever believed that he could make that happen. The reality is that he has made those things happen and the hard-working go-getters in my circle of family and friends are upbeat and happy to have control of more of the money they've earned.

Bill Safire's words are as true today as they were in 1970. "“In the United States today, we have more than our share of the nattering nabobs of negativism. They have formed their own 4-H Club — the ‘hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history.'” Today's media has surpassed even his predictions in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

A person hired for a job, and found unfit, lacking basic knowledge of operation, promoting falsehoods, creating division among staff and clients, etc.

Would be fired -- sooner, then later.

Again -- this is not about Right or Left.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join