It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lancaster, CA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Staying in Lancaster for a few days anf maybe around Edwards AFB. Any tips on where I can possibly see some projects flying around?

Thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavrecon22

Plant 42. It's been busy lately with NASA and lots of touch and gos going on.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Plant 42. It's been busy lately with NASA and lots of touch and gos going on.

Thanks Zach, I definitely plan on checking it out!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

If you park at the flagpole you'll be lined up with the runway, and no one should bother you.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Sorry my phone autocorrected to Zach. Going to try to head over today!

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Good luck! Keep an eye out for the F-15SAs.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
When I saw the title I thought of a WW2 flypast, have had the fortune to see a good few flypasts of the old girls and the last was a Lanc flying not much more than tree height come over head....oh the wishes to of taken a few photo's but by the time you see them they're gone.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maxatoria
When I saw the title I thought of a WW2 flypast, have had the fortune to see a good few flypasts of the old girls and the last was a Lanc flying not much more than tree height come over head....oh the wishes to of taken a few photo's but by the time you see them they're gone.

Here's a nice one for you.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Blackbird Park and Davies are small but have a killer collection of Blackbirds etc. Its adjacent to the plant and airfield
edit on 7/5/18 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I think they're only open Fri-Sun. They've got some great stuff in the gift shop though.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cavrecon22
Staying in Lancaster for a few days anf maybe around Edwards AFB. Any tips on where I can possibly see some projects flying around?

Up in the air.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I think they're only open Fri-Sun. They've got some great stuff in the gift shop though.

Ive only caught the small place open once but you can wander the park most of time

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:11 PM
link   

The last time I was there they had it locked up during the week. That was a few years ago granted, but all you could do was take shots through the fence.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The last time I was there they had it locked up during the week. That was a few years ago granted, but all you could do was take shots through the fence.

Thats a bummer. If closed you can also check out the church that was used in Kill Bill

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

There's some surprising aviation stuff in town. I was heading to a place to meet Shadowhawk for dinner one trip, got to the corner and looked for traffic before I turned, and there was an F-4 sitting on a pedestal on the corner. Lots of test pilot portraits, that kind of thing.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Cool haven't seen him post in awhile. Apparently there were 3 of the B-2 wind tunnel models (one is at the airpark) and the others are somewhere in the valley as well

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   

We might be able to catch up with him for dinner or something.

It's fun to see all the different static displays in the area. There are several around Skunk Works and in town.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   

We might be able to catch up with him for dinner or something.

It's fun to see all the different static displays in the area. There are several around Skunk Works and in town.

Going to edwards probably as well. I was there about 2 yrs ago visiting family. Didn't get to hang about much, heard rumors from a very trustworthy source that there is a high altitude uav that is a little smaller than the b2 currently being tested. Excited to say the least.

I didn't get to make it to Palmdale yet, hoping to this week.

new topics

top topics

join