It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Creation of a Mouse-Human Hybrid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
A Stanford researcher is about to create a mouse-human hybrid by injecting human brain cells into a mouse´s developing brain. The purpose is to "see what happens". If the mouse show "human-like behaviour", they will abort the experiment...

Mouse With Human Brain May Live

Now, Stanford University has given famed researcher Irving Weissman permission to create a mouse-human hybrid. The intent is to inject human brain cells into the brains of developing mice to see what happens. The National Academy of Sciences will unveil guidelines on chimera and stem cell research this spring.

Professor Henry T. Greely, director of the Center for Law and the Biosciences and leader of the committee that considered the proposal, told the San Jose Mercury News, "We concluded that if we see any signs of human brain structures . . . or if the mouse shows human-like behaviors, like improved memory or problem-solving, it's time to stop."

Imagine being reborn, and then suddenly you find out: "Jeezus, I´m a mouse..." I don´t know what to say about these experiments. Could this mouse develope any kind of human feelings? I´m normally into experimenting with stuff, but this just doesn´t feel right...

More here: Stanford Researcher Wants to Create Human-Mouse Hybrid
"A Stanford researcher has received initial permission to create a human-mouse hybrid as long as the creature acts like a mouse and not like a human being."

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I see no reason to kill it if and when it starts acting human.
I mean what do they expect, theyre putting human cells into a mouse, of course theres a good chance it will start acting human, what do they think just because it can feel and comprehend, that because of those its different so they kill it because its different.
If I lived near there, I'd protest the killing of inoocent animals just because its more human.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I already had a thread up on this one..
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

join