It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we deserve the '4th of July' anymore?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Honestly its wonder it didnt turn out much more worse than it has. Being cynical is the easiest thing to do, and in todays world it is lauded as intellect.

If you know the grimey history, I argue it did. It just has to masquerade as if its a good guy, at least enough to convince US here. We were in the world of mass communications. An empire couldnt do a scorched earth campaign like "we" did in the Phillipines at the turn of the previous century, it couldnt consistently do those and not have everyone here wisen up. So They convinced US that we're not the same kind of evil empire we always fought, nope, we're the "policeman of the world".

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So They convinced US that we're not the same kind of evil empire we always fought, nope, we're the "policeman of the world".

So leave then leave
Its pretty simple

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

If you dont like Amerika you can geet out.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Have you quite fighting for the right path?

If the answer is no I am still fighting, then of course the 4th should still be celebrated.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

There are always exceptions to a 'rule'.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Yup but I feel more people are finally opening their eyes to the rampant corruption in the democrats and the republicans, which gives us a window of opportunity.

If those folks that still believe and are aware push together we might be able to reset the clock to some degree, least that's what I hope.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

By the sound of the crickets in here its not looking so good...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Funny, I could have sworn we celebrated the 4th of July yesterday because it was the 242d anniversary of the birth of this great Nation and its’ indelendence from British rule. But that’s just my opinion...I went to school and learned history in a different era.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I most definitely deserved the barbecued brisket and baked beans. The potato salad was a mistake.

We read the Declaration of Independence at my party, to start things off with a bang. Then someone read the bill of rights. And the kids got sparklers once we got to the flag cake. It had blueberries where the stars go, and then rows of strawberries and whipped cream for the stripes.

We had those Katherine wheel thingies, that spin and whistle when you nail them to the fence post and light em.

Uncle Bob kept asking if were were great again, to which my brother-in-law would speak/belch "hell ya!" and say HE would be great again in about 3 beers.

I pointed out that it was the 155th anniversary of the conclusion of the Battle of Gettysburg. At which point my sister's friend, who is from Georgia, started arguing that Pickett's charge was actually not LEE'S FAULT. At which point I went and got out the Jaeger. That dishrag can't hold his liquor, and he shut up once he got a case of the spins.

He definitely deserved it.

All the best.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I personally think holidays and following traditions is silly. Like playing make believe child games.

But I want humans to be free to party when and however they like.

The more parties we have for any reason the better off we all will be.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Say it again but louder!!

The Federal Government is NOT "America". The US Military is NOT "America". The Republican Party is NOT "America". The Democrat Party is NOT "America". The US Congress is NOT "America". The US Senate is NOT "America". The POTUS... any POTUS... is NOT "America". US Foreign Policy is NOT "America". To criticize any of the above is NOT "Anti-American".

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I was watching a doc yesterday - even though we supposedly won the War of 1776, we supposedly did not root out the British/European banking interests/establishment. And I wonder who actually legally owned the land at that point? Would not be surprised if the Brits/Europeans still owned most of it, directly or indirectly.

Congress had immense difficulties throughout the conflict to efficiently finance the war effort.[445] As the circulation of hard currency declined, the Americans had to rely on loans from American merchants and bankers, France, Spain and the Netherlands, saddling the young nation with crippling debts.

- American Revolution

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

did not root out the British/European banking interests

This possibly confirms it

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

Americans are oblivious -

1. The Constitiution for the United States of America is written (notice I say for not of).

2. A war of independance begins.

3. The British Monarch very kindly finances both sides (directly and indirectly through France).

4. America wins the war and both sides sign the Treaty of Paris 1783

5. Article number 4 means America agrees to pay all debts owed to the British Crown - en.wikipedia......._of_Paris_(1783)

6. America is bankrupt forcing it to seek finance which it gets through a British bank (it later became the Rothschild Group).

7. Finance is only granted on the condition the USA as a country is abolished and replaced with a corporation of the same name. The reason being is Britain wants legal ownership of American land as security incase it cant meet its debt repayments.

8. The IRS is created to collect the taxes which are used for the debt repayments. The IRS pays the income tax to the IMF which pays it to the British Crown.

9. To make all these legal changes a new consitituition is written - The Constituition of the United States of America (for swapped to of which in legal jargon signifies the constituition of a corporation).

10. The US corporation is still repaying its debts to Britain today. Corporations have no legal authority to create laws but because of legal fiction it holds power over the American people. The Queen can and does create laws for the US which it has to obey because it isnt a country its a British corporation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join