It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one thing Americans love more than guns....fireworks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
No joke, at least here in the country, fireworks nonstop.
I can't even imagine the arsenal people must have. We are talking hours upon hours of fireworks. Not just today either,
like everyday this summer. I am lucky that I have a dog that isn't scared of fireworks or loud noises.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Are you new to the US?

Things were definitely booming tonight. The pictures on my walls have been rattling for the last couple of hours. We have a very large fireworks show very close to our house. There are of course others going on in the area as well, including kids in the street out front.

Big party day! Just like every year.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Personally, I prefer chocolate and jewelry, but that's just me.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I used to love fire works and fire crackers. I grew up in a town close to the border there was always people bringing truck fulls of firecrackers from the states that were illegal here. They sold them for so cheap too. When I got older and moved such things became unavailable so I had to resort to Uhhhh...repurposing what could be purchased.....
wicks were always highly valued....nowadays they've kind of lost their appeal. Running through parks blowing # up in a residential neighbourhood just isn't so cool when you're 30....though me and my dad still bow up the occasional pumpkin from his garden on Halloween.

edit on 4/7/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/7/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Things are exploding apace here.

We just got down with our own mini-allotment. Kiddo was so excited he was practically vibrating, and one of the big displays just fired off its finale.

There are so many fireworks in this city that when you go outside, it's smokey like a wildfire. A couple years ago, there was a full moon, and the smoke turned it into a blood moon.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Yesterday a local radio station asked listeners to call in to tell how much money they spent on fireworks.
Several said they spend over a thousand dollars....

Fricken amazing...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Its the friggin 4th of July!!!

Make no mistake about it though, nothing trumps our love for guns. Fireworks, if 2nd, is a distant 2nd.

If possible, we’d prefer to fire off fireworks from our guns, instead of some cardboard tube. Alas...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Yesterday a local radio station asked listeners to call in to tell how much money they spent on fireworks.
Several said they spend over a thousand dollars....

Fricken amazing...

Not surprising. Our rough estimate for the evening so far for fireworks in the neighborhood is about $10k, give or take a grand or two.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The Democrats will be running a new platform to ban fireworks in the near future, since the commies they let in won't tolerate the nationalism it represents.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I like neither. I didn't even buy fireworks when I was a kid. Of course I've always had a paralyzing fear of fire, so...

I don't think fireworks should be wholly illegal, but I do very much appreciate that in my area they limit the days and times you are allowed to set them off. When they used to go on for days and weeks it become very nauseating.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
And i thought it would be tons of sugar...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Everyone likes fireworks. We have them about 5 times a year and it's frickin crowded. I don't go anymore. Now on Diwali, Indian festival of light, this place sounds like Baghdad circa 2005.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I always feel alcohol should somehow be in the guns/fireworks mix to achieve the full enjoyment impact of said items. If not you're just amateur hour.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I always feel alcohol should somehow be in the guns/fireworks mix to achieve the full enjoyment impact of said items. If not you're just amateur hour.

Gotcha covered...

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I set off a 4,000 round roll of firecrackers for the kids last night. They loved it.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Having firework wars with my friends are some of the best memories I have.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I believe the city of Chicago no longer has municipal displays. I found that out while doing my job. I was trying to come up with a 4th of July thing for all my cities and one of them no longer does municipal fireworks.

I had to kick out to the 'burbs for that one.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
As a patriotic miser, I don't like when tax dollars pay for such frivolous things as fireworks.

There are too many more important things other than people's "entertainment".

It's a total waste of money, verses a fixed asset like a municipal park.

The lower classes always seem to have a big budget for them. Maybe that kind of choice explains why they are poor.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

For ketsuko and all others:
municipalities in Illinois have a few discontinued fireworks
displays, because they were deemed frivolous or otherwise
dangerous to vegetation, wildlife or even onlookers.
You couldn't prove that in West Chicago or Wheaton last
night... in between small thundercells rolling through between
dusk and "When are you guys gonna be OUT" we had a barrage
non-stop at every altitude. My German Shorthair must have lost
three pounds in pure sweat, poor nerve bucket. Pass the pyros.
Nothin' like forked cloud-to-cloud, TNT and Putrefaction...MUUUuoooo

edit on 5-7-2018 by derfreebie because: My control keys are right outa there

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

America! Where we celebrate our freedom and independence by spending millions of dollars on Chinese manufacture fireworks, wave little American flags manufactured in China, drinking beer imported from Mexico, eating hot dogs made from lips, hooves, and assholes that were cooked on foreign made grills using foreign made quick light charcoal, and watching our national game which has most of its top stars having been born in South America or the carribean islands...

It's a holiday which should really be observed by getting outside and closer to nature, not by sitting in front of a TV or on your lawn waiting for it to get dark enough for what the country sent so much money to China to see. I spent mine tying flies and fishing. Would have also done my traditional shooting with the family, but we've got extreme fire danger up here so camping was out and the ranges were closed for the holidays.

new topics

top topics

join