It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

England win on penalties BUT......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
So here is one for people to sleuth and work out

1st massive congratulations To Mr Southgate, the way he consolidated the opposition after suffering the same heart ache himself over 20 years ago

Gareth Southgate Compassion praised

If we then examine the match statistics especially the substitutes and the time of them

England Vs Columbia match report

England made 2 substitutions in extra time, for a total of four substitutions (a new rule from fifa to help for extra time), but if we look at the ruling

it seems to state that the 4th sub can take place during extra time, it seems to suggest the first 3 must have been used in the normal 90 minutes

World cup 4th sub rule

Spain were the first team to utilise the new 4th sub but they had already used the 3 subs in 90 mins, the difference is England used 2 of there 4 in extra time

Spain Vs Russia match report (1st time 4th sub ever used)

I can only really find the same in other articles, PLEASE someone help me not have this moment of football joy taken away, its still coing home.....isn't it.....

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! Don't say anything that might jinx it!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CaptainBeno

Scary right, I will HAPPILY be proven wrong on this one...............someone...........anyone

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Go on let it out, you know you want to..

Sing it!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

if you insist but these guys are marginally better than myself

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Hah!

Don't worry dude, you can sub in extra time anyway, but this rule allows for a fourth sub to be made, as long as you are already in extra time.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It's not really complicated. But as no one else apparently has had the inclination to search the internet your answer is included in FIFA's Laws of the Game 2018-19.

The Law changes for 2018/19 are mainly further refinements to the major
revision and the inclusion, after rigorous testing, of 2 major options for
competitions:
• the use of an additional substitute in extra time
•  the use of video assistant referees (VARs), subject to permission from
The IFAB and FIFA

Page 15 of the PDF : FIFA Laws of the Game

Before anyone starts getting pedantic it doesn't mean that if you have used no subs you can only use one in extra time. It means you can use 3 subs up to the end of normal time. That option becomes 4 across the full length of the match once the game has entered extra time.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

thanks man, i also think it should be simple but i could only find red top articles which state

"Like the usual rules of football, sides in the last-16 onwards can make three subs within the initial 90 minutes. However, in extra time an additional substitution is allowed"

thats from link in my OP note it seems to be singular, now which part of the PDF lets me sleep easy tonight (not trying to be a fool, i just want to clarify this rule from the source, page 47 seems to be about subs but i can not as yet find the relevant part

I cant find anywhere as yet that says sub 1 maybe used in 90 and 3 more in extra for total of 4

or subs 1 and 2 (like England) can be used in 90 and 2 in extra for total of 4

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Good on England, hope they do well.

Not being a soccer expert or enthusiast, only mildly interested in the past 10 years or so, but this World Cup will have to go down as the Fakers, Boring Cup.

Regardless of all the skill and talent required to play soccer, the biggest thing that Kills it for people who play "Other" real Football, like Aussie Rules, Gridiron, Rugby etc.....is the Absolute, Ridiculous, Stupid and WEAK way soccer players Fall down and FAKE injuries, just to get a free against the other side.
The number of matches won, simply on some idiot falling over and then getting a goal, must be 80-90%....hardly any real display of skill!!
AND its been in abundance in these games....its getting worse.

The Other Frustration of this game, is the ridiculous way that players stall for time, by continually kicking back to each other then back to the goalie, then back to each other.......so Useless and Frustrating, and once again make them look like a bunch of lilly livered weaklings......which most soccer players are, they are all about 5' 5", save a few exceptions.

Other than that, the best match so far, has been the Japan v Belgian one.......great skill, kept running, out to win.
Most of the rest of them have been crap........

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

Other than that, the best match so far, has been the Japan v Belgian one.......great skill, kept running, out to win.
Most of the rest of them have been crap........

I 1000% agree by far the best game, Japan should have won

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Interesting ...
What does the articlz say

World Cup fourth substitute rule: When can teams use extra sub? How it works and why

Teams in the knockout stages are allowed to make a fourth substitute - but only in extra time.

Like the usual rules of football, sides in the last-16 onwards can make three subs within the initial 90 minutes.
However, in extra time an additional substitution is allowed.

Oohhhhmygooood

The Express, of all of the tabloïds
has just de-legitimized Engerland's future participation

Shhhh keep it quiet

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Error in my OP

fact correction

Russia were first to use 4th sub in same game but they substituted their player in the 97th minute and Spain in the 104th

dont want to create anymore fake news

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
RUSSIAN'S!!

The RUSSIAN'S DID IT!! They RIGGED it!!

It's a CONSPIRACY!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Lol! My partner and I are pretty avid football watchers and we DO think that Russia is "rigging" it, but not for themselves to win.
I believe they're somehow colluding to make all these shootouts and underdog participation happen to entice fans who wouldn't otherwise watch.
Just like more and more NHL play off games go the full 7 games 😉😉😉$$$$; when shoot outs happen, people become engaged.
I have no clue how they would be doing it, but I feel like they might have an oily hand in the pot.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Good on England, hope they do well.

Not being a soccer expert or enthusiast, only mildly interested in the past 10 years or so.

#Me too.....Far from an expert but a proud nationalistic supporter, the game

was nailbitingly edgy in view of dirty play and the number of yellow cards flying

around.

Not a lot mentioned about the 'leap frogging' header or the kicking up of the

turf at the penalty point while the ref. was being harassed by the other team?

Regardless of all the skill and talent required to play soccer, the biggest thing that Kills it for people who play "Other" real Football, like Aussie Rules, Gridiron, Rugby etc.....is the Absolute, Ridiculous, Stupid and WEAK way soccer players Fall down and FAKE injuries, just to get a free against the other side.
The number of matches won, simply on some idiot falling over and then getting a goal, must be 80-90%....hardly any real display of skill!!

Lol!! agreed ...... perhaps if they brought in a rule that players claiming injury
www.abovetopsecret.com...
should have to spend 10 mins off pitch to recover from that fake injury, there

would be less of that!!

The Other Frustration of this game, is the ridiculous way that players stall for time, by continually kicking back to each other then back to the goalie, then back to each other.......so Useless and Frustrating

Frustrating for supporters
but a way of getting their breath back?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown
a reply to: mirageman

thanks man, i also think it should be simple but i could only find red top articles which state

"Like the usual rules of football, sides in the last-16 onwards can make three subs within the initial 90 minutes. However, in extra time an additional substitution is allowed"

thats from link in my OP note it seems to be singular, now which part of the PDF lets me sleep easy tonight (not trying to be a fool, i just want to clarify this rule from the source, page 47 seems to be about subs but i can not as yet find the relevant part

I cant find anywhere as yet that says sub 1 maybe used in 90 and 3 more in extra for total of 4

or subs 1 and 2 (like England) can be used in 90 and 2 in extra for total of 4

You're over complicating something simple.

What were the rules before the law changes for this year?

A maximum of 3 substitutes were allowed throughout the length of a World Cup game including extra time.

So when the IFAB (the law making board) amended that law by saying

• the use of an additional substitute in extra time

That means the law hasn't altered in that you can use regulation 3 subs in extra time if you so wish. But now there is the option of an additional 4th sub if desired.

new topics

top topics

join