It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump falsely claims Obama gave citizenship to 2,500 Iranians during nuclear deal talks

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Are those numbers different from other years?

Genuine question.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Obama was handing out citizenship like candy in the nuke deal, as reported days ago.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

WaPo can't even get the name right, it's Zolnour, not Zonnour

www.foxnews.com...

Zolnour himself first made the claim. WaPo is merely trying to cover Obama's lying ass...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I remember the last time Trump did something like this.

In their zeal to prove him wrong, the MSM had to report the truth, which turned out to not look good for them.

It's like when Maddow had the bombshell tax return. All it showed was that Trump paid double what Bernie paid.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Snopes says more than 10000 were granted citizenship or permanent residency in 2015 and they’re about as left wing as you can get. But as others have already stated, you’re trying to portray an opinion piece as fact.

That's not exactly what Snopes says. They say that the number given citizenship in that year is no different than any other year.

According to Department of Homeland Security data, 10,344 Iranian-born persons became naturalized citizens of the U.S. in 2015, while 13,114 others gained legal permanent residency. Those numbers don’t deviate drastically from preceding years’ figures or from those of 2016, the most recent data available.

Snopes

They also say there is no proof of this claim that Fox falsely started yesterday, listening to questionable Iranian websites and posting news without fact checking.

And then the President repeats it without fact checking with his own government -- which he has access to.

*shakes head*

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Except Trump didn't make this claim, an Iranian official did.

Makes sense, considering Obama's spinal cord was routinely mistaken for a spaghetti noodle

Are you saying it is no longer acceptable to repeat speculation from others as though it were fact? Guess most of the left better stop pushing bizarre and bogus conspiracy theories about President Trump.

As a side note, I heard the medical community is getting close to having a viable treatment for TDS
edit on 7/4/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns

Are you saying it is no longer acceptable to repeat speculation from others as though it were fact?

I'm sorry but when was that acceptable?

It is not acceptable for Fox to do it. We'll see if anyone gets fired for this or an apology is issued, like a news agency would do. It is especially not acceptable for a President, who could have made a phone call and verified how many citizenships were given in that year, in probably less than 5 minutes. He can probably have the actual agreements and the analyses on them written within an hour.

But he prefers to spread disinformation when it suits him and when he knows his supporters are conditioned to his lies. They won't even double check it. What he says goes.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Reminds me of the time Jill Stein started recounts in hotly contested areas and Hillary kept losing votes to the point it had to be stopped before Hillary lost the Popular Vote as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Reimagimimg the definition of "liar" doesnt require reality to follow suit.

From where im standing, using your new and reimagined definition of liar....you are lying.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Thanks.

I look for Facts and Deny Ignorance on ATS.

I keep hanging out in here waiting for the "tied to change". For the diehard's to wake up from their coma.

I have noticed there are fewer Trump supporters and a few more posting in opposition.

This thread gives me hope.

It could be because most have thrown up their hands at this point.

It is hard to debate with a liberal... they have their set of DNC talking points and no "reality BS" is going to change their minds.

Conservatives don't scream till they are blue in the face and then get ready for the next scream.

They act civil, ignore the screaming child and wait till they can talk to it again.

We'll all go vote in the midterms and see if you are ready to talk afterwards.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

It doesn't matter.

Iran was a state sponsor of terror.

Hence ALL the sanctions.

23,000 Iranians are here now.

That's on Obama.

Iran January 19, 1984

www.state.gov...

Designation under the above-referenced authorities also implicates other sanctions laws that penalize persons and countries engaging in certain trade with state sponsors.

edit on 4-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Conservatives don't scream till they are blue in the face and then get ready for the next scream.

I was a Republican the first 40 years of my life.

I know exactly who screams the loudest, and who is the most aggressive.

It ain't the Liberals.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

AKA "RINO"

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Thanks.

I look for Facts and Deny Ignorance on ATS.

I keep hanging out in here waiting for the "tied to change". For the diehard's to wake up from their coma.

I have noticed there are fewer Trump supporters and a few more posting in opposition.

This thread gives me hope.

Honey, you have no opposition.

#Resist is dead.

You're clutching if this thread gives you hope.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

youre so silly. this is a clear case of he said she said and youre choosing to believe she not he.....

however, i will say this...if Trump wanted to prove it he probably could. I imagine there must be records SOMEWHERE of 2,500 iranians receiving citizenship in the last few years as a result of the deal. If thats the case the Don should publicly release docs to prove his case....otherwise it will end up political fodder as it is now.

It was being discussed yesterday on NPR with someone Iranian...a political expert of some sort, I believe. And that was the number he used...2500 full citizenships. He discussed the jockeying for position among the ruling class there...very matter of fact, in the typical NPR style of discussion.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

originally posted by: tribal

youre so silly. this is a clear case of he said she said and youre choosing to believe she not he.....

however, i will say this...if Trump wanted to prove it he probably could. I imagine there must be records SOMEWHERE of 2,500 iranians receiving citizenship in the last few years as a result of the deal. If thats the case the Don should publicly release docs to prove his case....otherwise it will end up political fodder as it is now.

It was being discussed yesterday on NPR with someone Iranian...a political expert of some sort, I believe. And that was the number he used...2500 full citizenships. He discussed the jockeying for position among the ruling class there...very matter of fact, in the typical NPR style of discussion.

It wasn't NPR, it was an Iranian politician Hojjat al-Islam Mojtaba Zolnour, and he was quoted by Fars News, an Iranian leftist propaganda site, known for making stuff up and being a questionable source. That means the politician may not have even said it.

Following that, Fox News ran the story , disregarding rules of journalism for having two credible sources and ran the story with one questionable source.

The rest is history, sadly.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   
At least we can now say, without exaggerating, that the President trusts Iranian propaganda better than he does his own government.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

These opinion pieces are now so outlandish, that they're backfiring...just like they did in 2015/2016. The public is increasingly figuring out that the better President Trump is doing in running this country, the more he's attacked by the pitiful liberal media.

The November mid-terms will rid America of more Democrat office-holders, just like 2010/2012/2014/2016.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Given that Obama is a terrorist sympathiser and funded terror

*cough* $110 billion in military grade weapons to Saudi Arabia *cough*
edit on 7/4/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Well, Trump heard it on Fox News, so it must be true! He retweets it because Fox News is Trumps Magahorn! Truth be damned!

The person (or bot) that started this thread is just carrying out a strategy. No "thinking" required. Here's the original source of the allegation, from an interview of an Iranian official, 3 days ago.

The Obama administration granted citizenship to 2,500 Iranians, including family members of government officials, while negotiating the Iran nuclear deal, a senior cleric and member of parliament has claimed.

Hojjat al-Islam Mojtaba Zolnour, who is chairman of Iran’s parliamentary nuclear committee and a member of its national security and foreign affairs committee, made the allegations during an interview with the country’s Etemad newspaper, cited by the country’s Fars News agency.

Excerpted from: www.foxnews.com...

Also, President Obama gave Iran temporary access to the U.S. banking system.
www.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join