It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump falsely claims Obama gave citizenship to 2,500 Iranians during nuclear deal talks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Seriously? How many times are his supporters sweep his evident dishonesty under the rug? How many times are members going to spread his lies then move on without accountability on this very forum?

Trump falsely claims Obama gave citizenship to 2,500 Iranians during nuclear deal talks

Let’s rewind. This claim from Trump appears to have originated with a hard-line Iranian cleric who opposes the Iran deal. Zonnour gave an interview to an Iranian newspaper, which was then repackaged by Iran’s semiofficial news agency, which was then picked up by U.S. media and then by the president on his Twitter feed (with some of the details garbled).

Three senior Obama administration officials pushed back on Trump’s claim, including Rhodes, who was intimately involved in the JCPOA negotiations. The burden of proof is on the speaker, but the Trump administration provided no evidence to back up the president’s tweet.

The president’s tweet merits Four Pinocchios, although we may revise this ruling if any corroborating evidence emerges.

Washington Post Link

He lied and he's been on a roll as of late. Earlier this week alone Trump falsely claimed Sen. Kamala Harris ‘supported MS-13’. Factchecked called him out on this blatant lie and what did he and his supporters do? Simply move on to the next. This guy has a major pattern of lying on a day to day basis and people just think it's fine and dandy to sweep it under the rug on here and move on?

You want to complain about the fake media, about dishonest politicians, fine. I'm all on board to have that honest discussion about those concerns but when you continue to pander and excuse the liar in chief for his actions, you throw all credibility out the window.

+33 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

So, I read the article. WaPo SPECULATE that the Mojtaba Zonnour is lying, then use that to say Trump is lying.
In other words, this is an opinion piece dressed up to say Trump is lying...i.e fake news... pretty typical of the usual crybaby claims that the nasty Twump lied again. Given that Obama is a terrorist sympathiser and funded terror, I have no problem believing he imported terrorists into the US, let alone simply Iranians.

Oh and Kamala Harris does support MS-13. Anyone who does not want tighter control of the southern border is a supporter of drug imports, MS-13 and violent crimes against citizens.

edit on 4/7/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Of course this is Trump’s fault (in your eyes)

He’s sharing information he believes to be true. Thats not lying. He didn’t produce the story!!

You and many others do the same all the time, so....

As far as you willing to have an honest discussion.... LMAO. You’re not starting off on the right foot with this thread. Who do you think you’re kidding??
edit on 1851x6718America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

youre so silly. this is a clear case of he said she said and youre choosing to believe she not he.....

however, i will say this...if Trump wanted to prove it he probably could. I imagine there must be records SOMEWHERE of 2,500 iranians receiving citizenship in the last few years as a result of the deal. If thats the case the Don should publicly release docs to prove his case....otherwise it will end up political fodder as it is now.

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Snopes says more than 10000 were granted citizenship or permanent residency in 2015 and they’re about as left wing as you can get. But as others have already stated, you’re trying to portray an opinion piece as fact.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Why don't you go enjoy the 4th of July instead of being a miserable codger. It'll help you live a little longer.

And as always, let's see if you post and run per your usual MO.
edit on 4-7-2018 by rollanotherone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Trump didn't lie. But he sure does say a lot of bs with out actually thinking. And how many people believe it?
It was on fox news, and thousands of Obama haters and trump supporters ate it all up!
What else has trump been misinformed about that he believed and just regurgitated as if fact.
Here's the problem. People believe anything he says! It's dangerous.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Well, Trump heard it on Fox News, so it must be true! He retweets it because Fox News is Trumps Magahorn! Truth be damned!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Jake Sullivan, a former Obama official who was involved at the start of the Iran nuclear negotiations, also skewered Trump for relying on Fox News' thin report to make what he called a "completely false" claim

"What is interesting about this is that what happened is a hardline crank in Iran just randomly made this comment, Fox News writes a story on it, and then Trump tweets it," Sullivan said on "The Situation Room."

"He had every opportunity to call people in his own Department of Homeland Security and State Department to ask whether or not this was true. And they would have told him it wasn't," Sullivan added. "Instead, he relies on Fox News. And the scary thing is that he's increasingly relying on sources like Fox News to get his intelligence rather than the professionals in his own government."
Neither a spokesperson for Fox News nor the White House responded to a request for comment Tuesday afternoon.

This would not be the first time Trump has tweeted false or questionable claims that have originated in right-wing media. The President has a long history of stoking conspiracy theories that target his political rival.

link

trump supporters don't care. trump counts on them not to be informed. the words "I could shoot someone and not lose support" says it all.
edit on 4-7-2018 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal

however, i will say this...if Trump wanted to prove it he probably could.

He doesn't want to prove anything. He's just looking for stories to make others look bad or make him look good.
He's the president, that proof would be just a phone call away. Can't be bothered. Plain and simple

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven

He’s sharing information he believes assumes to be true. Thats not lying. He didn’t produce corroborated the story!!

.... whataboutism.....

..... attack....... ??

fixed
edit on 4-7-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: six67seven

He’s sharing information he believes assumes to be true. Thats not lying. He didn’t produce corroborated the story!!

.... whataboutism.....

..... attack....... ??

fixed

Thats funny because your edits describe the OP perfectly, as previously stated.

Its funny how much the left hate Trump but seemed to practice the exact tactics they accuse him of. Not surprising...

Let me help you...

He’s sharing information he believes to be true. Thats not lying. He didn’t produce the story!!

You and many others do the same all the time, so....

As far as you willing to have an honest discussion.... LMAO. You’re not starting off on the right foot with this thread. Who do you think you’re kidding??

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Well he had no INTENT to lie.

Now all you Dems should be happy, right?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Seriously? How many times are his supporters sweep his evident dishonesty under the rug? How many times are members going to spread his lies then move on without accountability on this very forum?

Apparently about as often as others do for the dishonesty I see from the MSM on a daily basis.

Just sayin'.
edit on 4-7-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   
ATS so loved my post it repeated it.

Apologies.
edit on 4-7-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Most cult leaders have that kind of power over their followers. Trump is no different. Though he may be worse than even most cults in that he doesn't hide his dishonesty, his ignorance, and his intention to deceive.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Interesting.

In 2015, the year the Iran nuclear deal was signed, the U.S. awarded green cards to 13,114 Iranians, and another 13,298 received green cards the following year, according to Department of Homeland Security data. Another 10,344 Iranians were naturalized in 2015, while 9,507 were granted citizenship in 2016.

Well that's an odd thing to do considering all the sanctioning going on.

I report. YOU decide. Others will cry.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Thanks.

I look for Facts and Deny Ignorance on ATS.

I keep hanging out in here waiting for the "tied to change". For the diehard's to wake up from their coma.

I have noticed there are fewer Trump supporters and a few more posting in opposition.

This thread gives me hope.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Thanks.

I look for Facts and Deny Ignorance on ATS.

I keep hanging out in here waiting for the "tied to change". For the diehard's to wake up from their coma.

I have noticed there are fewer Trump supporters and a few more posting in opposition.

This thread gives me hope.

You realize it’s the 4th of July right? Add that to the left making it seem it’s terrible to celebrate our country. I wouldn’t be surprised if you were right, but it’s only for one day.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Trump was wrong... the US foolishly granted 23,000 Iranians US Citizenship, not 2,500. You're right to call out this error, Southern Guardian.

Keep up to good work!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join