It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protester's try to stop ICE from breaking up a child sex trafficking ring

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

maybe if I organized a protest to have protestors restricted by IQ?

I think that restricting a right on the basis of IQ is a bad idea.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

what? you don't even make sense, you made a false statement and are now using circular logic so you don't have to acknowledge being wrong

just a heads up for ya

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

you made a false statement

Where?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I've shown you twice then you responded with some ridiculous nonsensical statement that is totally irrelevant to the flow of conversation

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I've shown you twice

No you haven't.
Please quote my false statements.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

I already shared this link with you why are you ignoring it?

www.ice.gov...-survey-target-id

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) enforces a wide range of crimes related to border security, including investigations of human smuggling and human trafficking. In fact, ICE is one of the primary federal agencies responsible for combating human trafficking.

ICE works with its law enforcement partners to dismantle the global criminal infrastructure engaged in human smuggling and human trafficking. ICE accomplishes this mission by making full use of its authorities and expertise, stripping away assets and profit incentive, collaborating with U.S. and foreign partners to attack networks worldwide and working in partnership with nongovernmental organizations to identify, rescue and provide assistance to trafficking victims.

what's that? are they lying?

I'm actually quoting my second response to your garbage post as a 3rd response to you saying the same thing

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: TheRedneck

maybe if I organized a protest to have protestors restricted by IQ?

In order to restrict rights based on IQ, we first must get politicians with high enough IQ's to understand how stupid protester's like these morons actually are.

The problem is that our politicians have lower IQ's than the moronic protestors.

So no, it'll never happen. The DNC is safe to protest.

You can relax.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

3rd response to you saying the same thing

What?

That there are two primary branches of ICE and that they do two different things? Is that not true?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:02 PM
link   

No, I don't think that ICE is primarily involved in ferreting out known trafficking of women and children at the southern borde

this is a quote from your post

I responded by quote ICE.gov with...

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) enforces a wide range of crimes related to border security, including investigations of human smuggling and human trafficking. In fact, ICE is one of the primary federal agencies responsible for combating human trafficking.

and your next post is...

Yes I do.

The "actual ICE website.. "

HSI is a critical investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security and is a vital U.S. asset in combating criminal organizations illegally exploiting America's travel, trade, financial and immigration systems.

www.ice.gov...

To identify, arrest, and remove aliens who present a danger to national security or are a risk to public safety, as well as those who enter the United States illegally or otherwise undermine the integrity of our immigration laws and our border control efforts. Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) upholds America's immigration laws at, within and beyond our borders through efficient enforcement and removal operations
www.ice.gov...

Two different functions, under one jacket. A jacket that says ICE.

Then I repeat myself in case you missed it so I don't need to link it and you said

Are they lying here? There is only one wing of ICE? ICE only does one thing?

see how you make absolutely no sense?

I summed it up in 1 post for you

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

And you still do not seem to understand that there are two primary wings of ICE. Each of which has a different role.

HSI enforces organized criminal law.
ERO enforces immigration law.

Do you understand that the protestors were protesting the actions of the latter? Did you listen to what they were saying? Did they say anything about how awful ICE was being to traffickers?

edit on 7/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

2 wings of ICE is still ICE Phage.

No, I don't think that ICE is primarily involved in ferreting out known trafficking of women and children at the southern borde

this is what you said... you were wrong (again)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   

this is what you said

Yes, yes it is. Is that what ICE is primarily concerned with at the border?
Or is it enforcement of immigration law which is the primary concern there? Did the events of the video occur at the border?

I said it was my opinion. Please, instruct me otherwise.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

SQUIIIRRRRMMMMMMMMMM

wiggle wiggle wiggle

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Why? Because I speak clearly and you fail to understand?

That's a squirm?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

If i'm understanding correctly, you feel it's possible that the people wouldn't have protested if the agents' jackets didn't say ICE? I think that's doubtful, or rather I hope so. Won't people just shift their attention to "the agency formerly known as ICE"?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zelun

you feel it's possible that the people wouldn't have protested if the agents' jackets didn't say ICE?
Possibly.

Won't people just shift their attention to "the agency formerly known as ICE"?
Not the criminal investigations part. The part that is busting serious criminals. I don't think a lot of people would have a problem with that.

But maybe the agents who signed the letter are wrong too.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
talking about ICE might be a bit like talking about any law enforcement agency that does more than one thing. If its true that ICE has some agents at the border that perform border control and other agents that are accosting spanish speaking women in the middle of the night at a convenience store demanding to see ID thats a serious effing problem. If ICE agents are removing people who have been in the US for 20 years who committed an assault and served their sentence effectively paying their debt to society and using the technicality of the law to break up an otherwise law abiding family that is seriously effed up.

so, there is room for a nuanced understanding here of what ICE does and those that are choosing not to acknowledge the broad law enforcement powers ICE has while trying to make it all about human trafficking are not helping the debate at all in my opinion. Phage appears to be correct at identifying the various kinds of law enforcement activity that fall under ICE and not all of that activity is centered on preventing human trafficking. That is why i suggested that for political and social reasons it would probably be a REALLY good idea to separate ICE into different agencies based on their actual law enforcement priorities and it would actually be a win for Trump which is why i dont know why he wouldnt do it, i know i would.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sometimes I just log in to star and flag important topics. There are posters here who are extremely intelligent and eloquent and I usually have nothing to add to what they’ve already said.

- Ya know, I will add to this. I don’t think they have much a problem with child trafficking since pedo people just have a “disease”, so I’ve read. In no way do I think they care that this is child trafficking or not. If they did they wouldn’t have an issue with ICE making sure that the “parents” are actually the parents before handing the child over
edit on 4-7-2018 by valve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Zelun

you feel it's possible that the people wouldn't have protested if the agents' jackets didn't say ICE?
Possibly.

Won't people just shift their attention to "the agency formerly known as ICE"?
Not the criminal investigations part. The part that is busting serious criminals. I don't think a lot of people would have a problem with that.

But maybe the agents who signed the letter are wrong too.

But they do have a problem with it.

Its called "Illegal" Immigration, but many feel it shouldn't be an enforced law. So, they would still do this.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Wait a minute now! It's my right to protest! It's in the Constitution! How dare you challenge my right to protest low-IQ protestors!

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join