It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protester's try to stop ICE from breaking up a child sex trafficking ring

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: tribal

but to the point of the OP, do you disagree that ICE is the agency primarily involved in ferreting out known trafficking of women and children at the southern border? Do you disagree that its happening? What would you do about it?
No, I don't think that ICE is primarily involved in ferreting out known trafficking of women and children at the southern border. I think that they are mostly occupied with the ERO aspects of immigration at the border. Arresting anyone who crosses the border illegally. They're very efficient at it. Not sure how many of those are victims of trafficking though.

At least, that's what the agents who wrote the letter say.

edit on 7/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

please re read the verbiage of what i wrote. I asked you if they were the agency primarily involved in discovering human trafficking along the southern border, i.e. they are more involved in discovering human trafficking than any other LEA. Do you think there is another LEA that is more directly involved than ICE is in discovering human trafficking at the border? Pretty simple question, deserves a simple answer.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Chance321

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: elementalgrove

'CAN'T COMPREHEND HATE TRUMP AHHHHHHHH ICE IS BAD DURRRR HATE TRUMP'

that's how their rhetoric comes across to me

Yup, that's how these people are. I was getting the oil changed on my car a few days ago and the tv in the waiting room just finished another hit piece on Trump, this woman in the waiting room started going off on how she hated Trump, how he's taking our rights away, ect. So, I decide to ask her what rights we've lost under Trump. She froze for a few seconds I swear you could hear the gears grinding in her head, then she just got up and stomped out.

I just look at folks like that and say , "Excuse me. There are laws against noise pollution"

LOL ... spoken like a true statist.

"Wha First Amendment?"

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Yes, the HSI (Homeland Security Investigations) wing of ICE is the primary investigative body regarding trafficking and other illegal activities. They are, apparently, being hampered because they fall under the same umbrella as the ERO (Enforcement and Removal Operations) wing of ICE. That's what the agents who want a separation say.

This video seems to indicate that they may be right.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

then Trump should separate the officers based on the primary mandate and if ICE wants to be known as a removal force that would make criticism of them perhaps more relevant. Otherwise the political muddying of the waters around the more controversial actions of ICE threatens the credibility in the eyes of the public notwithstanding the more admirable and necessary enforcement actions they might be engaged in at the border. People are not good at parsing out the nuances of a broader umbrella agency and the disparate enforcement behavior they are engaging in , some noble and some perhaps not.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   

That is what the agents who wrote the letter would like to see happen.

But it's more politically expedient to revile those agents. Apparently.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

you think to much, or not enough not sure

www.ice.gov...

www.ice.gov...

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) enforces a wide range of crimes related to border security, including investigations of human smuggling and human trafficking. In fact, ICE is one of the primary federal agencies responsible for combating human trafficking.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

That is what the agents who wrote the letter would like to see happen.

But it's more politically expedient to revile those agents. Apparently.

how can we trust your judgement on this issue when it's fairly obvious you don't even know what this agency does?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

how can we trust your judgement on this issue when it's fairly obvious you don't even know what this agency does?

I do know what it does, what each of two wings do.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

I do know what it does, what each of two wings do.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So what are you arguing this here for? Are you supporting sex traffickers because that is what the OP is about after all? Didn’t you derail another entire thread already with this BS?
edit on 2018/7/4 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Because the video demonstrates the point of the letter from the agents.

The protestors were protesting the actions of ERO agents (like separating families), they were not protesting the actions of HSI agents. Trouble is, the jackets just say ICE.

Are you supporting sex traffickers
No.

Didn’t you derail another entire thread already with this BS?
Did I?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

No, I don't think that ICE is primarily involved in ferreting out known trafficking of women and children at the southern border.

you were totally wrong about this as evidenced by the OP and the actual ICE website..

you don't know what you're talking about. for being Mr. science you sure aren't making your assertions based on facts, not in this case

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The authorities in general have been mixed up in pedo rings and the covering up of them, especially the children's homes run by the state. Makes it especially difficult to report dodgy dealings to the police/authorities when they themselves are involved.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

you don't know what you're talking about.
Yes I do.

The "actual ICE website.. "

HSI is a critical investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security and is a vital U.S. asset in combating criminal organizations illegally exploiting America's travel, trade, financial and immigration systems.

www.ice.gov...

To identify, arrest, and remove aliens who present a danger to national security or are a risk to public safety, as well as those who enter the United States illegally or otherwise undermine the integrity of our immigration laws and our border control efforts. Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) upholds America's immigration laws at, within and beyond our borders through efficient enforcement and removal operations
www.ice.gov...

Two different functions, under one jacket. A jacket that says ICE.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   

The protestors were protesting the actions of ERO agents (like separating families), they were not protesting the actions of HSI agents. Trouble is, the jackets just say ICE.

ICE (including the ERO division) does not separate families at the border. That's Border Patrol, a division of CBP.

I don't see what the jackets say as being the issue. The issue is that these poor excuses for intelligent life-forms that were protesting
  • apparently have no idea who is responsible for what when it comes to immigration matters.
  • have no concept of law enforcement operations.
  • have nowhere else to be or anything else to do.
  • are mentally incapable of comprehending the problem they are protesting.
We do not need a disclaimer on the backs of ICE jackets; we need mandatory IQ requirements for anyone to protest.

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

We do not need a disclaimer on the backs of ICE jackets; we need mandatory IQ requirements for anyone to protest.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I already shared this link with you why are you ignoring it?

www.ice.gov...-survey-target-id

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) enforces a wide range of crimes related to border security, including investigations of human smuggling and human trafficking. In fact, ICE is one of the primary federal agencies responsible for combating human trafficking.

ICE works with its law enforcement partners to dismantle the global criminal infrastructure engaged in human smuggling and human trafficking. ICE accomplishes this mission by making full use of its authorities and expertise, stripping away assets and profit incentive, collaborating with U.S. and foreign partners to attack networks worldwide and working in partnership with nongovernmental organizations to identify, rescue and provide assistance to trafficking victims.

what's that? are they lying?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Good luck with that.

Thanks; I'll need it.

Hmmm.... maybe if I organized a protest to have protestors restricted by IQ? What do you think?

TheRedneck

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

are they lying?
No.

Are they lying here? There is only one wing of ICE? ICE only does one thing?

HSI is a critical investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security and is a vital U.S. asset in combating criminal organizations illegally exploiting America's travel, trade, financial and immigration systems.

www.ice.gov...

To identify, arrest, and remove aliens who present a danger to national security or are a risk to public safety, as well as those who enter the United States illegally or otherwise undermine the integrity of our immigration laws and our border control efforts. Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) upholds America's immigration laws at, within and beyond our borders through efficient enforcement and removal operations
www.ice.gov...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

don't let the protester's eat dinner or shop for food, make them uncomfortable everywhere they go

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join