It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some people are insane - including me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I have lived in my current home for 14 years. In that time I have never once considered myself a bad neighbor - nor have I involved myself in any of my neighbors business other than if it was on friendly terms.

The house next to mine is owned by a guy that runs some sort of dog grooming/training school and his students live at that house during that time. It is usually for 3 months so I never get friendly really because I know whoever is in this house will soon be gone.

Yesterday, was my birthday, however it was also a day where just by chance I had to eat several turd sandwiches in one day. These things happen. Because of it being a generally bad day I opened a bottle of vintage scotch and my mood went from totally irritated to becoming happy and inviting. I invited some pals over for dinner with my wife and I and made a delicious filet maison meal for them. We were having a great time. We decided to shoot off some fireworks - which is completely legal where I live - and end the night with that fun, and it was fun and we were all having a great time.

I was also even more happy because my pals announced they were having a baby - we were all just bouncing around with fun in our minds.

Sometime while shooting off fireworks (along with about 5 other neighbors on my street) some lady comes out of the dog house and tells me that I have to stop shooting fireworks because it was scaring her dog.

I completely flipped out. I mean totally. I have never been so mean to anyone in my entire life. I mean a whole street and neighborhood shooting off fireworks and this lady comes out and demands that I have to stop. What was this woman thinking? Did she deserve to get so verbally damaged by me? I still don't feel guilty either. I just feel like this lady needed someone to finally tell her to go pack some fudge.

I mean I do feel a little deranged because I have never done that before, but I mean I can't take all this corny BS that people try to pull these days. It was truly a straw that broke this camels back.

I mean why would someone see people having fun and then think for a second that her dog being scared matters? Every dog in the neighborhood was scared - they all hate fireworks. And I was mostly perturbed by the fact that she had to TELL me to stop. Not ask, TELL. And she obviously expected me to do what she said. She looked completely confused when I tore into her verbally. As if she couldn't believe someone had the nerve. Anyway, I felt good about doing it and I would probably do it again.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Eh, she needed to curb her entitlement anyway.

Good Job!

edit on 4-7-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I cant stand those types of bozo's.

Some Muppet with a fetish for open mouth kissing their dog gets all bent out of shape when there's an entire country gearing up to celebrate the 4th of July.
Ive had to listen to fire works every night for the past week up here in Canada.

And some neckless frumpkin-latte with a questionable relationship with her dog and probably cousin, tries to give you crap for making little old Spot or Humphrey shaky on its litter box?

I hope she stubs her toe, the dog flips out and bites her Achilles tendon.
I feel for you bro

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
My sister had a lady that bitched about everything. One day we were shooting off bottle rockets and a few firecrackers. Anyways the cops showed up. People weren't too happy about that. A few hours later that ladies mailbox blew clean off the post. All you could find were some small pieces of metal here and there. Haven't a clue who did it though. Never heard a peep out of her after that.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   

My mom always said something that stuck with me. Everyone's crazy. It's the ones that say they're not you gotta worry about.

Also...this reminds of a beach fire we were having one time. It was pretty big. We had like Two pallets and some logs on there. It was big and hot enough we needed a second fire to Cook our food on. Some Lady came up and started screaming at us about our fire how it was too big and she could see it from her summer house down the beach....then she seen our cooking fire and started really freaking out. We're all pretty responsible and everyone there knew how to control a fire properly. My buddies started getting worked up, but i calmly pulled out my wallet and got to show my forest fire fighting certification for the first and only time.
She just stopped, tried to find something to say but just couldn't. It was great. She ended up mumbling something about cleaning up our garbage when we left and just wandered off.

There's always those people that can't stand other people enjoying themselves.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Some Muppet with a fetish for open mouth kissing their dog

Ha. She did sort of look like a muppet....

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Talk to the zoning commissioner. Not cool running a business in a residential area not zoned for commercial use.

Take it to the next level and show them who's boss....or at least threaten too....

edit on 4-7-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You know that is funny because I did mention in my tirade something to that effect. I asked her if she would like the owner of the house to know that I just might file that sort of complaint because of her effing stupidity.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

They actually make doggie valium for that...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I snapped yesterday too.

There is only so long I can bite my tongue. Feels good doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I mean I do feel a little deranged because I have never done that before, but I mean I can't take all this corny BS that people try to pull these days.

Don't. Get used to the fact you have to slap someone around- just don't go overboard.

I used to be a tolerant person. I'd put up with BS- but as of a couple years ago, my ability to tolerate the never ending, constant abuse by **holes has dropped to 0. The *world* has gone completely to hell, this country leading the way. It's left vs right vs rich vs poor vs all the ethnic varieties vs the atheists vs the religious vs *EVERYBODY*. Me- someone who is really not the sort to carry or fire a gun for various reasons, is looking into open carry at my first financial opportunity. At a really *good* financial opportunity, me and mine are packing the hell up, and going *somewhere*. Somewhere quiet. Somewhere the hell away from this country, too.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Enderdog

They actually make doggie valium for that...

Works on people too...and not just for breakfast anymore...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Ummm...wow...everyone of you people are idiots...and insane to boot...

You should have another bottle or two of that fine malt and tell us all how you really feel...

BTW...happy birthday...jackass...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Some Muppet with a fetish for open mouth kissing their dog

OH GOD- that's a thing??? I got slobber ambushed by a pit bull once. I made the very bad mistake of opening my mouth at doggie level- I was saying something to someone. There wasn't enough soda where I was working to get the taste out of my mouth!

*Makes an urpy face* GROSSNESS.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

You should have another bottle or two of that fine malt and tell us all how you really feel...

YouSir

So you side with the dog lady? Not sure if you are being facetious.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Pissed off dude cracks a bottle of whisky to relax and ends up setting off fireworks on a work night. How could scenes of mild peril possibly ensue?

I'd apologise for being abusive and throw another fireworks party next Saturday.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have a work colleague who's dog is very nervous and is terrified of fireworks. You know what he does on Guy Fawkes night? He takes his dog and books her into a remote countryside kennel for the night, where it is quiet and peaceful. Like a relaxing haven /spa would be. Problem solved 😜

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I just say "My yard , my rules".
But , at 6'4" 260 lbs and a look that curdles blood in one's veins , no one gives me grief.
They

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: YouSir

YouSir

So you side with the dog lady? Not sure if you are being facetious.

Its not so much about siding with this crazy dog lady... Its more about how you dealt with the situation.

We're all responsible for our own actions and once you lose your cool and get angry in a situation like that, then its you who's totally in the wrong... no matter how unreasonable the other person was originally being.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

I cant stand those types of bozo's.

Some Muppet with a fetish for open mouth kissing their dog gets all bent out of shape when there's an entire country gearing up to celebrate the 4th of July.
Ive had to listen to fire works every night for the past week up here in Canada.

And some neckless frumpkin-latte with a questionable relationship with her dog and probably cousin, tries to give you crap for making little old Spot or Humphrey shaky on its litter box?

I hope she stubs her toe, the dog flips out and bites her Achilles tendon.
I feel for you bro

Wow, that's a bit harsh.
Little dog bites are the worst.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join