It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the UK Gov blame Russia again?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: WarPig1939

True enough and I don't see any side as innocents in the new Coldish War. We're deliberately stymied by our own media and can only see so much. It's like the old T-shirts: "I'm a mushroom. They keep me in the dark and feed me #."

What puzzles me is how so many Americans have decided to defend Russia to the point of denying any mischief at all from their side. It's like McCarthy's worst nightmare. Those 'reds under the beds' are more likely to be US 'patriots' fighting for Russia on social media.

Most patriots will be old enough to recall the Cold War and might have served in Germany near the Berlin Wall. It's hard to believe how easily people have forgotten what political, military conflict can be like.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Who's blaming Russia here?? No need to give evidence, this hasn't proven to be anything yet? It seems like so Putin boot kissers already trying to defend Putin before even any blame or evidence has been found.

Where have you been the last couple of years?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarPig1939

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: WarPig1939

Their activities in Ukraine and Crimea are widely viewed as hostile. Did they use diplomacy there or was it boots on the ground in no-flag uniforms? Wasn't there a passenger jet that was hit by a Russian BUK missile from Russian controlled territory?

There's definitely a propaganda war at work, but it's irrational to keep painting the West as villains and Russia as an innocent victim.

Its still hard to paint either side as innocent. Both have plenty of blame to go around, to be honest they should just do away with the pleasantries and fight it out. You really expect this tit for tat mudslinging to go on forever? Eventually one side is going to say "enough" and do the necessary. Not warmongering but what do people expect to accomplish with the current findings if Russia is found complicit? Sanctions? Strongly worded condemnation?

Because nuclear war isn't a wise option, there's not much we can do other than summon ambassadors. Just two SATAN II missiles would destroy the whole of the UK. The Skirpal poisonings (use of chemical weapon on UK soil in the wild which hospitalised several UK citizens) and recent murders of Gorbuntsov, Perepilichnyy, Berezovsky, Young by Russia and the refusal of Putin to extradite the killers from Russia was a bit more than tit for tat.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Back during the cold war all sides did things to their civilian populace some countries were a lot worse than Britian, that doesn't mean it still occurs now.
edit on 4-7-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

What has this situation got to do with Russia?? You're the one making noises and posting propaganda here!!
edit on 4-7-2018 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Was has this situation got to do with Russia?? You're the one making noises and propaganda here!!

I never said it had anything to do with Russia. I merely said blaming Russia was the going rate.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Back during the cold war all sides did things to their civilian populace some countries were a lot worse than Britian, that doesn't mean it still occurs now.

Wouldn't surprise me though, I'm just a grunt though so all I can do is keep an open mind for things like this.
I've never been involved in testing and espionage, but I have been involved in lies and deception of the public though while working for the Crown. Higher up the food chain nothing would surprise me.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

“Blame Russia” but never give evidence,...…...

This is what you posted just a few seconds ago, is it not?? Blame Russia if it's guilty and after evidence has been found to prove so, not before.

So many defenders of Saint Putin, and yet no ones blaming Russia's Goverment, you guys are so quick to defend your master, even before there's any blame??

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   

This is the crux of it all imo. Agreeing that Russia is the prime suspect for these poisonings doesn't equate to an attack on Trump. It doesn't mean we support the Dems or Clinton. It doesn't mean we think the UK hasn't got its own political missions in Russia or that we've never engaged in things that were unethical and possibly illegal under Geneva Conventions or similar international laws. Extraordinary rendition is on us as we were complicit and probably still are. Likewise political prisoners and the deaths of journalists is on Russia.

It's reasonable to hold several opinions at once and they might blur together or contradict themselves. The us and them, binary thing is popular, but doesn't offer an accurate description of realpolitik and national interests on the world stage.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I agree, it seems that now you're only allowed to have one political view and it must fall in to a curtain box so the opposition of that view can label you.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

It's giving me one.

Sometimes it seems as though up is down, down is up, in is out...etc.

Russia is not our ally. Hasn't been since the closing days of WWII, when they were known by another name, and were a decided enemy... Even then they weren't what one could consider an ally...unlike Great Britain, who has been an ally since the early days of WWI, much less WWII.

In no way, shape or form, is Russia our friend, much less an ally. Any more than China is. Those days, if they ever existed to begin with, are over have been for longer than I've been alive.

I don't like, nor trust, Putin. This attempt by some to portray them as innocents is ludicrous in the extreme. Their actions in Ukraine and Crimea mitigate against it.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

Yet again, another chemical incident within range of PORTON DOWN "science" facility.

Who says it's a chemical incident ?

it was too early to tell whether the incident was related to illegal drugs or “something more sinister”

If it is something more sinister then judgements will be made on the evidence presented not on a desire to blame Russia for something.
Russia are currently hosting one of the best World Cups in years I doubt Mr Putin would sanction a hit on British soil in the midst of that and so soon after the last incident.

Looks like Porton Down scientists can't keep stuff from getting out.

Nonsense.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Loved the psychological manipulation from the BBC radio news this morning where they stated that the government is at this time not linking it to the Skripal attack. Which actually makes the association in our minds because they put both in the one sentence, so that we associate them together.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Yes. Diplomacy is a two way street (at least) and there's precious little going around between West and Russia. It was pretty cool (Cold War) in Yeltsin and Gorbachev's days and not so much anymore. This urban folklore presents Putin as a lamb when he's the controlling force behind a Top 3 world power. He's a classic warlord and political chess master.

I agree, it seems that now you're only allowed to have one political view and it must fall in to a curtain box so the opposition of that view can label you.

Heinz tomato sauce or HP brown? It's always either or. So daft.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   

I'm partial to a dollop of Daddies.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

I'm partial to a dollop of Daddies.

I wouldn't say no.

Priority list:
Chilli
Red
Brown
Branston's Fruity
Nandoes hot mayo
BBQ

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Salad cream....if they call that sandwich cream I riot.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

KFC gravy with anything!
It's a Russian plot to get us all addicted, I know, but resistance is futile.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

That ain't gravy...trust us northern boys know and love gravy and that stuff is msg ridden pee.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

That ain't gravy...trust us northern boys know and love gravy and that stuff is msg ridden pee.

Tastes amazing though, but saying that I had food round my Scottish mate's last night, gravy was amazing, proper stock.
Maybe you northerners will be the key to survival against Russian gravy tainting incidents?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join