It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You really don't understand the "Russia" thing do you?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Now don't you go and ask silly questions like that mkay....

You must be a commie

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I don't think Clinton did.

Whoever gets the most electoral votes gets the most popular vote.

Her numbers were fudged.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

It really would not matter what anyone said to the GROUP of you. You believe what you do, and NOTHING would change that. I have seen some VERY sketchy posts and OP's that are untrue and don't get bumped off ATS, from the same people, over and over. You included.

Just to give you one source....

The Russian government interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election in order to increase political instability in the United States and to damage Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign by bolstering the candidacies of Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein.[1][2][3] A January 2017 assessment by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) stated that Russian leadership favored presidential candidate Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton, and that Russian president Vladimir Putin personally ordered an "influence campaign" to harm Clinton's electoral chances and "undermine public faith in the US democratic process."[3]:7

On October 7, 2016, the ODNI and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) jointly stated that the U.S. Intelligence Community was confident that the Russian Government directed recent hacking of e-mails with the intention of interfering with the U.S. election process.[4] According to the ODNI′s January 6, 2017 report, the Russian military intelligence service (GRU) had hacked the servers of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the personal Google email account of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta and forwarded their contents to WikiLeaks.[3]:ii-iii,2[5][6][7] Although Russian officials have repeatedly denied involvement in any DNC hacks or leaks,[8][9][10] there is strong forensic evidence linking the DNC breach to known Russian operations.[11] In January 2017, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper testified that Russia also interfered in the elections by disseminating fake news that was promoted on social media.[12]

Several investigations about Russian influence on the election have been underway: a counter-intelligence investigation by the FBI,[25] hearings by the Senate Intelligence Committee[26] and the House Intelligence Committee,[27] and inquiries about possible links and financial ties between the Kremlin and Trump associates, notably targeting Paul Manafort, Carter Page and Roger Stone.[28][29] On May 9, 2017, Trump dismissed FBI Director James Comey,[30] citing in part dissatisfaction with the ongoing suspicions of his presidency because of "this Russia thing".[31][32] On May 17, Deputy Attorney General, and Acting Attorney General for this investigation, Rod Rosenstein appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller as Special Counsel to oversee the investigation.[33]

Seems Russia did a lot more than you thought...doesn't it? You still wont accept it.
Our intel, was on this back in OCTOBER 2016...….Obama told Russia to "Knock it Off"
There is more on the Wiki.....en.wikipedia.org...
There is a lot of information out there....look into it yourself.

edit on 4-7-2018 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2018 by kurthall because: add

edit on 4-7-2018 by kurthall because: add

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Welcome to the new cold war --- waged digitally and not just in cyber space. A lot cheaper than bombs and bullets and harder to trace.
I believe we should be most concerned that Russia meddles with U.S. elections and uses bots and trolls in social media to turn against ourselves. They could give a rat's behind if it had been Hillary or Donald, so long as they could own a piece of our leadership and manipulate things to their own advantage.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

It really would not matter what anyone said to the GROUP of you. You believe what you do, and NOTHING would change that. I have seen some VERY sketchy posts and OP's that are untrue and don't get bumped off ATS, from the same people, over and over. You included.

Just to give you one source....

The Russian government interfered in the 2016 U.S. presidential election in order to increase political instability in the United States and to damage Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign by bolstering the candidacies of Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders and Jill Stein.[1][2][3] A January 2017 assessment by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) stated that Russian leadership favored presidential candidate Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton, and that Russian president Vladimir Putin personally ordered an "influence campaign" to harm Clinton's electoral chances and "undermine public faith in the US democratic process."[3]:7

On October 7, 2016, the ODNI and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) jointly stated that the U.S. Intelligence Community was confident that the Russian Government directed recent hacking of e-mails with the intention of interfering with the U.S. election process.[4] According to the ODNI′s January 6, 2017 report, the Russian military intelligence service (GRU) had hacked the servers of the Democratic National Committee (DNC) and the personal Google email account of Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta and forwarded their contents to WikiLeaks.[3]:ii-iii,2[5][6][7] Although Russian officials have repeatedly denied involvement in any DNC hacks or leaks,[8][9][10] there is strong forensic evidence linking the DNC breach to known Russian operations.[11] In January 2017, Director of National Intelligence James Clapper testified that Russia also interfered in the elections by disseminating fake news that was promoted on social media.[12]

Several investigations about Russian influence on the election have been underway: a counter-intelligence investigation by the FBI,[25] hearings by the Senate Intelligence Committee[26] and the House Intelligence Committee,[27] and inquiries about possible links and financial ties between the Kremlin and Trump associates, notably targeting Paul Manafort, Carter Page and Roger Stone.[28][29] On May 9, 2017, Trump dismissed FBI Director James Comey,[30] citing in part dissatisfaction with the ongoing suspicions of his presidency because of "this Russia thing".[31][32] On May 17, Deputy Attorney General, and Acting Attorney General for this investigation, Rod Rosenstein appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller as Special Counsel to oversee the investigation.[33][/exnews

There is more on the Wiki.....en.wikipedia.org...
There is a lot of information out there....look into it yourself.

but this is exactly what I said. This is it? Russia did some facbook posts, and possibly released the scummy facts about the DNC?

Jesus Christ, even you should be happy for that. The DNC information was all true, all factual, and none of it was in dispute. Let that sink in. The party of the left was doing lots of illegal immoral stuff and they were caught. And instead of being angry at them, you shift the blame to Russia for exposing it.

I'm not sure what's worse. That the followers of the left are that easily led, or that some of them, honestly believe this was a bad thing. Would you rather the truth about the DNC was kept hidden?
edit on 4-7-2018 by network dude because: tried to fix formatting

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

From your response to this Wiki, its clear YOU DID NOT READ IT...…..Hacking Emails, and the DNC, along with personal accounts, is WAY more than posting adds on face book....But okay, like I said, no matter what you wont accept it...why don't you try READING the WIKI.....

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

From your response to this Wiki, its clear YOU DID NOT READ IT...…..Hacking Emails, and the DNC, along with personal accounts, is WAY more than posting adds on face book....But okay, like I said, no matter what you wont accept it...why don't you try READING the WIKI.....

OK, lets try this, What from the hacked e-mails was not true?

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Did anyone check the DNC server for proof that Russia hacked it?

Oh yeah...Crowdstrike.

Who paid Crowdstrike?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Facts....

Putin, former KGB officer in the Soviet Union is a Communist.

DNC is now openly supporting Communist candidates to represent their Party.

What more is there to understand?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
First we need to define "Russians". Someone continues to blame an entire nation. It's like the entire population of Russia worked to get Trump elected which is funny because I work with a Russian guy who hates Trump.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Mind boggling, isn't it?

I was always told by lefty friends that McCarthy was a bad guy and that Stalin was misunderstood, and that we should aim for peace with the Soviets.

What happened?

Hillary's grip is strong.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

That's a great point. Why DON'T they see that level of hypocrisy? Then again, they want to abolish the electoral vote to better suit their needs.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Facts....

The influence worked...on them. If the goal was to cause division and in the round-a-bout help communism---then the Progressives are literally Putin's puppets and the fruit of his labor. It's the zombie apocalypse reimagined...and now they want our brainz too!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42
The thing to take away here is that Russia has used social media to influence a very large portion of the voting population without them being aware of that.
Normally you would expect the influecing to only take place at key players that are made aware of the fact by making them an offer they can't refuse, or something similar

I have some comments on this....

....I am not THAT old (45), and clearly remember that not only was Caveat Emptor taught in school, it was expected from my elders. Using "i thought" as an excuse for getting something wrong was harshly belittled as the expectation was that if you actually thought, you'd have not done something stupid.

....Charlotte Iserbyte joined the US Dept of Education under Reagan, and was horrified by what she found out: there was a concerted effort to make our people less "smart". Meaning that we slowly taught people what to think, not how to think. Caveat Emptor, a cornerstone of American culture, would be subverted in favor of rote memorization and regurgitation of facts. You can see some of the result of this in todays "fact check" culture that seems to not understand the connection between "fact" and "truth", and how fact checking in no way supports nor defends truth.

....Political ads are tightly controlled through campaign finance laws. I don't know a lot about it...but spent enough time in radio selling ads to know that its critical for a station airing campaign ads to ensure equal opportunity and time. It seems that there needs to be updates in the laws to not only include social media, but to also define what is different between a campaign ad presented as content (i.e., native advertising) and actual news stories. I know 90% of American's can't tell the difference. To me, FB and other social media outlets should have some level of regulation as it regards their advertising relating to campaign and political issues, the same as any other media outlet. The additional costs of oversight may push more efforts back out into meatspace, which is good for our economy (the strength of the internet is you can collect money any time of day or not, by finalizing transactions any time of day or not without any labor costs....add in some regulation and it requires some salaries to handle oversight until algorithms can catch up, if they can catch up)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
That about does it—tweets and Facebook posts. Anyone who believes such a propaganda campaign would work were themselves influenced by tweets and Facebook posts.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Facts....

And I have to add, Russia's stated intent was to sow discord amongst the US citizenry and make them doubt the election process.

What with the Democrats rigging their own primary and their actions since Trump took office, it can be assumed that the Democratic party is working for Putin.

After all, they are doing what he said he wanted.

edit on 4-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   
When these people produce tens of thousands of voters that testify that the Russian influence decided whom they voted for, then maybe we can pursue this. As far as I am concerned, there needs to be a victim to be a crime. Additionally, why are we not shining the same beacon of scrutiny on all the illegal alien groups that continue to try and influence US voters?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Russia exposed the Clinton machine by exposing the Democrats’ true colors. Not really ilkegal AFAIK.
edit on 4/7/2018 by Lab4Us because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The thing I find most disturbing about what people think russia did or did not do, is the complete ignorance of historic events that took place between the end of WW2 and the fall and consequent breakup of the CCCP

You have to realise that the US basically bankrupted the CCCP in the arms race. Theirs was a power to recon with, and you guys stopped that, broke up the country and send them headfirst into an economics crisis.
Their pride, and believe me russians are a very proud people, stepped on, BIGTIME

To argue that Russia holds no grudge or is incapable to retaliate at some level, any level is a dangerous stance.
This bear doesn't do water under the bridge

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

I have no doubt that Russia wants to see us fall hard, just to return the favor. But it would be impossible if the media and our politicians weren't sowing and exploiting the same deep divisions that the Russians are targeting. We can point our fingers at the Russians all we want, but just remember that when we do we have 3 fingers pointing back at us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join