It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You really don't understand the "Russia" thing do you?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I have tried this a few times, and continue to get the same answers. ATS is full of brilliant minds, and some members here are always quick to stamp out untruth, but sometimes, even the best intentions can be clouded with political stupidity.

Russia did _____________________ to the US in order to help Trump win the election in 2016.

Here is what I think I know about this.
1. Russia did some facebook posts
2. Russia is blamed for the wikileaks release of truth that exposed the DNC's scummy ways.
3. this is really all I know.

If you really, really understand something, you can explain it to a 5 year old and he/she will understand. I have found that quite a few people here pretend they know, but they really don't. And what's worse, is that since nobody seems to come up with real answers, there is a chance the entire group doesn't know, but are all pretending to thus masking their ignorance.

I'm a hardware guy. If the nuts and bolts fit, you can build something, if they don't, you can't. If they don't, all you have is parts and bull#. The combination of those two won't get you very far, unless you are in politics.

I hope I can head off the inevitable,"do your own research", posts. This thread is specifically asking for a SIMPLE explanation of events so everyone can understand the facts. If it's what I typed, and that's all there is, it's obvious there is nothing to any of this. If I'm wrong, school me. But don't BS me. I can spot that pretty well. And I think others can as well.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They amped up the nuclear war rhetoric.... Like we were in a cold war again..

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I would like to know what country did not try and influence our election?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Meaning

There was a coordinated effort by a foreign power in order to influence the democratic proces of the US elections.
Regardless of the outcome, thats something I'd recon.

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
And I would like to know what elections in other countries the US did not try to influence.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
And I would like to know what elections in other countries the US did not try to influence.

IKR .. Its par for the course.. But those damm Russians..

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

This thread is specifically asking for a SIMPLE explanation of events so everyone can understand the facts.

Trump won.
Hillary/Dems lost when they thought it was a no contest. And even though Obama knew about possible interference [ as long as they were convinced Hillary was going to win ] did little to stop/deter it. Only after Trump won did we hear "RUSSIANS !!
COLLUSION!!
INVESTIGATION!!
IMPEACH!!

If Hillary had won.....crickets.
Massive butthurt and screaming at the sky begins.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jubei42

Meaning

There was a coordinated effort by a foreign power in order to influence the democratic proces of the US elections.

Is that the extent of this?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The entire Democrat argument was based on:
Russia was trying to Help Trump, NOT Hurt Hillary.

And when I see it framed like that given their beef then clearly its hardliner propaganda, thus the theories that flow from that argument become increasingly absurd the further the snip rolls downhill...
edit on 4-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The left wont come in here saying it because they know when you say it , it just does not sound that bad.

They have to make it sound bad and unprecedented.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The thing to take away here is that Russia has used social media to influence a very large portion of the voting population without them being aware of that.
Normally you would expect the influecing to only take place at key players that are made aware of the fact by making them an offer they can't refuse, or something similar

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Russia did _____NOTHING________________ to the US in order to help Trump win the election in 2016.

Just a false flag from the usual suspects because they ran a snip candidate, and didn't lie well enough. Even after rigging their primary,debates,polls, and having foreign nationals speak at their convention.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

What were you hoping for? Thread title applies to all.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

The thing to take away here is that Russia has used social media to influence a very large portion of the voting population without them being aware of that.
Normally you would expect the influecing to only take place at key players that are made aware of the fact by making them an offer they can't refuse, or something similar

So shouldnt FB be held just as responsible for allowing it?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

again, is that the extent of the Russian influence?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Meaning

Yes, a known fact for ages and not JUST the Russians.

Only because of Social Media have people began to actually really do research and what was once known is now being rehashed as cannon fodder for biased political pundits becausy catchy headline title.

So when naive folks walk in and make statements like yours, you're being willfully deceptive or plain ignorant as it took the politically driven MSM and corrupt deep state for you to actually decide to stop and say, hmmmm?

Why now? 'cause Trump I bet.

Either way, the fake russo collusion is dead and many agree with that, with the exception of desperate leftist.

No water off our backs 😌

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I don't really care about Russian involvement in politics, as they're decision making stems through a very narrow channel.

The turmoil in and around the Russian influence of American politics simply speaks to the fall backs of a democracy that feels all answers will stem from wither a Red or Blue room of debate. Most people are voting for who they hate the least in times of past, and don't think there is a justifiable candidate to choose from come election times.

This is so relevant because scenarios like this equate to it being easier for foreign governments to throw fog on the already fragile arenas of operation.

Being that lobbyists have long been buying influence by way of politician, I have viewed this way of influence to be a far more cancerous way of influencing a so-called 'free democracy' than any foreign government alone could provide as influence. Honestly, who's to say that the lobbying that is so precedent in our society doesn't stem from another foreign government, yet nobody is questioning lobbying fund sources to the degree that may be required.

I look forward to the day that I can switch my avatar back to stars. Until then, I urge all voters to no longer vote Red or Blue... they've had 150 years plus to help get things on track, and they will never get it right. It might hurt, but it's time to rip the band aids off... with a full on peaceful revolution.

Or you all can think that Russia is gaining control of voters incorrectly. Those feeling that Russia steers their votes are typically in full support of a Red or Blue faction... full support or lack of care to want to change things for the better.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   

A few facebook post did little to nothing . There are a few threads on it.

Yes, what was done literally amounted to a few FB post as much of the propaganda was directed at various topics with no real directive. In essence, your sponsored trolls.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Jubei42

But we were told that there was NO WAY our election could be rigged!

Obama Tells Trump: Stop ‘Whining’ and Trying to Discredit the Election

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

What were you hoping for? Thread title applies to all.

The thread title shows the uncomfortable fact that apparently those who scream "Russia", really have no idea why.

If the whole things is the facebook posts, then we as a society are screwed. If an entire nation can be steered towards making the wrong choice, what other things is facebook doing to us? How many bad decision are YOU making?

But more importantly, Hillary won the popular vote. How were those voters not effected to vote Trump? Did they not have "the facebook"?

I don't think the public who believes in this, has thought this through.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join