It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT - Let's Kill The First Amendment. How Conservatives Weaponized the First Amendment

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I don't recall ever using that term. Care to show me where I said that? But yes, there are "right-wing nut jobs" just like there are "left-wing nut jobs". Surely you know that?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Is there any doubt about the New World Order at this point?
They want to control the narrative and outlaw freedom.

What is the opposite of freedom?

Time to choose sides, freedom or Slavery to a system of mind control.

(And I choose freedom.)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's one thing when we're talking about standing there waving signs and yelling. When they escalate to throwing rocks and breaking windows, it does need to be dealt with. At that point, it becomes a criminal act no matter which side of the political spectrum you are on or why you are protesting. Odds are that those are not your windows you are breaking, and I don't care how righteous you think your rage is. If it's important enough to break stuff, then you ought to just man up and call a revolution and go all in.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Wardaddy454

I don't recall ever using that term. Care to show me where I said that? But yes, there are "right-wing nut jobs" just like there are "left-wing nut jobs". Surely you know that?

That would be difficult, you post a lot, every day. And yes, there are.

But left-wing and right-wing nutjobs are measured differently around here.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's one thing when we're talking about standing there waving signs and yelling. When they escalate to throwing rocks and breaking windows, it does need to be dealt with. At that point, it becomes a criminal act no matter which side of the political spectrum you are on or why you are protesting. Odds are that those are not your windows you are breaking, and I don't care how righteous you think your rage is. If it's important enough to break stuff, then you ought to just man up and call a revolution and go all in.

Property destruction and threats of physical violence should be treated as normal ... illegal acts.

Period.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SoulSurfer

Is there any doubt about the New World Order at this point?
They want to control the narrative and outlaw freedom.

What is the opposite of freedom?

Time to choose sides, freedom or Slavery to a system of mind control.

(And I choose freedom.)

There are not "two sides" ... and honestly, I am very leery of anyone who makes such claims.

There are the majority of US (Americans/humans) ... and those on the extremes who desperately try to keep us fractured us into groups that can be controlled.

It's really easy: is the message one of individual responsibility, freedom and personal empowerment or is it about conforming to the control needs of others?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I wasn't aware the NYT still existed as an actual credible newspaper/magazine whatever. Aren't they pushing a type of hate speech themselves, blaming conservatives for all their b.s. issues. If anything conservatives actually fight for free speech and amplify real justice. Can't keep a bad rag down I guess.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing.

edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: face23785

Your family members who are Democrats want to repeal the First and Second Amendments?

Really? I live in Atlanta and work about 50 miles outside the city. Every day I am exposed to a host of folks with differing political views ... and the most liberal, wacky, Dems I know want to do that.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. They don't support those extremist views, which is why they're no longer Democrats, like the poster I was quoting.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

No that's not out of desperation, that's been the plan all along.... They just see this as an opportune moment in which to make some serious "progress" on one of the biggest items on their long term wish list when they don't believe it will cost them more seats etc than they're already going to lose anyway this election and next.

The way they see it the damage is already done and since they're gonna bleed anyway, why not?

Now what this should be is a big giant neon flashing indicator so bright it's visible from the ISS is that the faces you see in Congress the Senate and on the news commentary circuit ARE NOT the real big fish/shot callers!

This is a blatant sign that the people most people believe call the shots make policy and shape public opinion are utterly expendable replaceable and interchangeable to whoever really runs s***.

And that is a major issue for a country and government that's supposed to be what the United States is supposed to be on paper!
edit on 6-7-2018 by roguetechie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Beach Bum

I wasn't aware the NYT still existed as an actual credible newspaper/magazine whatever.

They don't. They still exist, but have no credibility. They even admitted during the election they were throwing impartiality out the window, then tried to apologize for it after Trump won and pretended they were going to re-commit to impartiality. They haven't.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I find it ironic that NY Times are saying "Conservative have weaponized Free Speech". When Regressives/Liberals/Globalists/FarLeft have weaponized words.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: face23785

Your family members who are Democrats want to repeal the First and Second Amendments?

Really? I live in Atlanta and work about 50 miles outside the city. Every day I am exposed to a host of folks with differing political views ... and the most liberal, wacky, Dems I know want to do that.

I think you misunderstood what I was saying. They don't support those extremist views, which is why they're no longer Democrats, like the poster I was quoting.

Fair enough.

I know of no Democrats who want to repeal the First and Second Amendments. That does not mean, by any stretch of the imagination, that the Democratic party hasn't become riddled with division due to identity politics gone wild, no leadership and catering to extremism.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Debunkology
I find it ironic that NY Times are saying "Conservative have weaponized Free Speech". When Regressives/Liberals/Globalists/FarLeft have weaponized words.

Weaponized words?

Oh, you mean gross generalizations like "Regressives/Liberals/Globalists/FarLeft"?

Yeah, I see what you mean. Perhaps we can all start being more careful about word weaponization.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join