It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK tax payer to cover the £5million cost to police Scotland for Donald's golf trip

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

It'll save the US taxpayer a few dollars in Mar-a-Lago expenses and they'll appreciate the favour from a long-time ally. Hopefully there'll be some new trade agreements that benefit both nations.

Has he been advised that McDonald's tastes different over here? It'll be a shame if their food makes him crankier.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: sapien82
a reply to: intrepid

they brought us jaggy nettles and that is about it in Scotland

hahah belter its blocked here in the UK

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

you called me a pussy in your first post ! I cant exactly say yer no honest about how ye feel , and you mentioned yer da , not that it had anything remotely to do with the OP, but you said it and mentioned he was scottish then rattled on about how yer fed up hearing about scots ,, just saying it seems you are bitter about Scotland in general.
but since you brought it up , if ye can gee it ye may as well take it, I mean besides its aww jist a bit ae banter , nae excuse for #e patter but
edit on 4-7-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I bet we pay more than that for house of commons stationary so don't see a problem , in the grand scale of things 5 million is an insignificant amount to guard the safety of an important visitor.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

a reply to: intrepid

they brought us jaggy nettles and that is about it in Scotland

hahah belter its blocked here in the UK

That's frickin hilarious. It's Danny Bhoy's routine about national symbols. The weed in the rose garden.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

how much does it cost you in the states when trump plays golf in Mar-a-lago?

do ye hink trump eats Mcdonalds ?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Important to who ? The establishment , so they can continue ploughing us over a barrel and line their pockets with each thrust

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Important to who ?

Important to us , we need the President more than he needs us and luckily for us he has heritage in this nation and dislikes the EU so he could be an important ally with Brexit fast approaching.

With the EU ganging up against us we need him in our corner , his security is important.
edit on 4-7-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I dunno , somehow I find it hard to believe given the track record of the rich and powerful that Trump making deals will magically transfer dollars into your wallet , and fulfill and enrich your way of life!
All he cares about his the pursuit of the almighty dollar in the world of free market capitalism and lining his own wallet !

the only thing he wants to make great again is his bank balance !

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

you called me a pussy in your first post ! I cant exactly say yer no honest about how ye feel , and you mentioned yer da , not that it had anything remotely to do with the OP, but you said it and mentioned he was scottish then rattled on about how yer fed up hearing about scots ,, just saying it seems you are bitter about Scotland in general.
but since you brought it up , if ye can gee it ye may as well take it, I mean besides its aww jist a bit ae banter , nae excuse for #e patter but

As I've already stated earlier, I love Scotland. I'm just sick of Scots using Trump's golf course as a reason to hate him.

It's really lame and as I've stated again in an earlier post, there are golf courses all over the British Isles.

Why is Trump's golf course so evil compared to the others?

And yeah I called you a pussy. You still wearing skirts up there?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

a reply to: Kandinsky

how much does it cost you in the states when trump plays golf in Mar-a-lago?

do ye hink trump eats Mcdonalds ?

Kandinsky is British... Just for future reference.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Hello ATS

I am raging at the UK government and particularly the conservative party for granting Police Scotland £5 million in funds
should Donald trump decide to visit Scotland to take in some golf!

How can the conservative government justify spending this from the treasury when the NHS is on its knees
people in food banks, the list goes on and on !

Austerity means reducing public expenditure, not bending the knee to foreign nationals when they want to play golf in their courses oveseas
instead of doing their jobs!

well if Donald does come up here, I hope he loses his trousers and I hope it absolutely pishes doon!

UK tax payer to cover cost of Trumps golf trip

Welcome to the US mate.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
wrong member reply

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

did we become the new state ?
trump and the tories are selling scotland to the USA after leaving the EU ?

i knew it , well it is the 4th of July , happy independence day buddy!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Aye just yer birds when she asks me at the weekend

Trumps courses isnt really anything to hate him for really , apart from if he is dodging taxes!
his golf courses are just the same as others accept trump likes to dictate what goes on in his neighbourhood as he likes to boss folk around , im sure you have heard of Michael Forbes!
Anyway all the golf # aside, how much time do you have to go through some of the reasons we can hate trump?
but thats for a whole other thread in the political mud pitt , probably millions already there listing those !

I've read just as many as the rest of ats !

but still the facts remain , 5 million out of nowhere for security for donalds golf!
if he is doing business in London and leisure at his course , why should we have to pay for his "holiday expenses"
also if donald trump is requiring the cost of 5 million in security just to play golf, then how come other folks who come to britain just to speak who require far less security and can cause chaos in public simply get denied entry!
After all its about the least disruption to the people !
Check the list of banned US citizens from the UK , they were all banned for "having potential to cause disturbance and cause chaos in the populace by their admission alone"
its obvious many dislike trump in scotland , so why isnt he banned, whit just because he is the US president ?
it's almost as bad as divine rights like Queen elizabeth just because you have a title you are better than everyone else!

If he wasnt president he would probably not be allowed into the country for that reason alone !

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:19 PM
link   
$5 million.

Thats a lot of teachers, nurses, doctors or police officers.

Personally given that this is not a full state visit I think Trump or the American taxpayer should have to pay for his own security.

I don't see why the UK Taxpayer should be paying the bill for his visit.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I agree, heads of state who come to visit should be kept safe, but only whilst they are doing business with our leaders or being entertained by our leaders. If they decide to go on the pissabout or mini holiday whilst here, they should be providing their own security. Not like he can't afford it.
edit on 4-7-2018 by CthulhuMythos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I am raging at the UK government and particularly the conservative party for granting Police Scotland £5 million in funds
should Donald trump decide to visit Scotland to take in some golf!

Yep, but you should look at this in a different way... Policing is a Scottish government matter so they (the Scots) should fund this, especially as the incumbent Scottish nationalists have been outspoken about Trump and created such a toxic environment that a large police presence will be required to keep the bleeding hearts out of egg throwing range.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

thats just it though , we dont want him here , so why the hell should we fund his golf trip!

if every other bampot that comes to the UK to "speak" that gets denied entry because they have potential to cause chaos
is turned away because it would cost too much to police them ! yet somehow its ok for trump because he is the president
once more the people of Scotland are ignored at our expense

I mean look at this
from the article on lauren southern being banned from the UK (this same legislation applied to many activists, celebs, musicians etc)
A Home Office spokesperson told The Independent: “Border Force has the power to refuse entry to an individual if it is considered that his or her presence in the UK is not conducive to the public good.”

at the cost of 5 million for security in case he comes to harm , then its not conducive to the public good , under our laws!
Is Donald trump exempt from UK law ?

edit on 5-7-2018 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   

thats just it though , we dont want him here , so why the hell should we fund his golf trip!

I did not want the Chinese human-rights abusing dictator to visit the UK, but he came. Live with it. It's called politics. Perversely, more people will probably protest that Trump is here than even cared that a real dictator visited, as in President Xi Jinping. People sure have their priorities the wrong way around...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join