It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets not separate the children.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Since we have so many concerned citizens that don't want to separate the children and it is the 4th of July in the US, I have a proposal to save the kids that are separated from their parents. In 2016, 21,000 US Children were placed in foster care due to parent incarceration, roughly 10X the number of separated children at the border per the AP's latest number. I can't tell you how many of those are violent crimes, but many are drug crimes, done by addicts. If we can cater to the children of immigrants, why don't we give a crap about the kids without their parents that are actually citizens.

Since we are choosing to cater to those immigrants that do not choose to follow the legal approach to entering this country and apply for asylum ahead of time, why not cater to other law breakers...after all, the children didn't break the law and everyone loves their parents no matter how dysfunctional they are...

Why not have detention centers where the kids can live with their parents, who are incarcerated ? I want to hear from those who are in support of "saving the children".

This argument is not meant to be taken literally, for those liberals who are disgusted by it, it is a logical conclusion to the argument of not separating children from families.
edit on 4-7-2018 by pointessa because: added a thought....

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa
I predict......crickets.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
If you want to save the children.

If you want families to stay together.

OPPOSE abortion.

Instead of endangering them so the usual suspects can make instant voters.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

So you want to stick kids in with criminals and addicts? What kind of monster are you?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

YES!!! I wonder how many people would be in favor of letting the accused and convicted mothers in their community, who are currently incarcerated, maintain custody of their children.
Usually the first thing theyre yelling is "take her kids!!! She doesn't deserve kids!!!"
People don't even know where they stand with their own morals anymore. At least until the MSM tells them where they should stand...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If you want to save the children.

If you want families to stay together.

OPPOSE abortion.

you really believe that?

seems pretty stupid to me

dont think youve thought that one through all the way

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Tell if Mexico and central is so effing dangerous.

Why is it millions of Americans go vacation there.

And millions drag their kids along on death trains to come here.

Something wrong with that picture.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

What's ironic these same liberals are responsible for absent parents,from making laws to jail someone to promoting the love child,everything to seperate children fro family's,then they use it for a platform,don't they understand transparency?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

something is wrong with a lot of pictures
dont see how opposing abortion keeps families together though

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
How about do everything possible to block and deter them from coming?

How about do everything possible to block and deter the cartels from being able to run their game across that nearly open border?

Or people can be ENABLERS and be just as much as part of the problem as anything else.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

My OP post was not necessarily meant to be a literal suggestion, but to point out that there so many children separated from their parents already in the US .If we are catering to many who are breaking the law to come into this country why not the citizens as well that have broken the law? How do you know that those bringing children into this country are not criminals, addicts or traffickers? Many don't have IDs. Also, those that are addicts will not be using while in detention centers, and when most addicts are not using they are not the same as when addicted.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

How about do everything possible to block and deter the cartels from being able to run their game across that nearly open border?

im with you
why are we not legalizing and quashing that cartel # right now? make some tax revenue on top of that. save a few bikes fighting the war on drugs that is not working. save a few bucks by not jailing these non violent drug offenders.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

State troopers involved in “Operation Blue Anvil” patrolled U.S. Highway 31 in Miami and Fulton counties over three-day periods twice last month, according to a state police statement. The troopers, teamed with drug-detecting police dogs, concentrated on drugs when they stopped motorists from June 19 to June 21, and again from June 26 to June 28.

The effort resulted in 129 criminal arrests on 272 drug-related charges. Forty-eight of the charges were classified as felonies, according to police. Troopers seized coc aine, heroin, '___', methamphetamine, marijuana, psilocybin mushrooms, edible marijuana, prescription medication, drug paraphernalia as well as numerous drugs that have yet to be identified. But the most eye-catching find was orange ecstasy pills shaped like Trump’s head. One side featured the face of the president. The other was stamped with the words “Great Again.”

something needs to be done. its not working.
go to any major city and you will get the same results.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I don't feel anybody should be incarcerated, ever, for a victimless crime.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
How many are Addicts and Violent offenders you ask?

I just wonder how many of these were kids separated from their parents and put into foster because their parent chose the wrong time to take a bath.

mobile.nytimes.com...

One night, exhausted, Ms. Joefield put Deja to bed, and plopped into a bath with her headphones on. 

By the time I come out, I’m looking, I don’t see my child,” said Ms. Joefield, who began frantically searching the building. Deja, who was 5, had indeed headed for the grandmother’s house when she couldn’t find her mother, but the next thing Ms. Joefield knew, it was a police matter.

“I’m thinking, I’ll explain to them what happened, and I’ll get my child,” Ms. Joefield said. 

For most parents, this scenario might be a panic-inducing, but hardly insurmountable, hiccup in the long trial of raising a child. Yet for Ms. Joefield and women in her circumstances — living in poor neighborhoods, with few child care options — the consequences can be severe. Police officers removed Deja from her apartment and the Administration for Children’s Servicesplaced her in foster care. Police charged Ms. Joefield with endangering the welfare of a child.

In interviews, dozens of lawyers working on these cases say the removals punish parents who have few resources. Their clients are predominantly poor black and Hispanic women, they say, and the criminalization of their parenting choices has led some to nickname the practice: Jane Crow. 

“It takes a lot as a public defender to be shocked, but these are the kinds of cases you hear attorneys screaming about in the hall,” said Scott Hechinger, a lawyer at Brooklyn Defender Services. 

Liberal NY policy makers separating children from their parents because they are pore apparently doesn't provoke the same ier as conservative policy makers separating children from their parents because they illegally crossed into this country... kinda makes you realize that "helping children" isnt the common denominator.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

What about Drunk Drivers

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Because the babies arent RIPPED, and TORN away from their parents.

Pretty simple really, unless your brain is so disconnected from reality that it wont let you understand the most basic of concepts

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

Pretty simple really, unless your brain is so disconnected from reality that it wont let you understand the most basic of concepts

abortion has nothing to do with babies being ripped and torn away from their parents so what are you talking about?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

What about Drunk Drivers

Drunk drivers all too often injure the person and property of others in the commission of their crime.

No such issues with people who, for example, enjoy the occasional joint.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity

What about Drunk Drivers

Drunk drivers all too often injure the person and property of others in the commission of their crime.

No such issues with people who, for example, enjoy the occasional joint.

Actually more often they haven't run into anything or anyone..... 90% of them.....

So what about drunk drivers

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

abortion has nothing to do with babies being ripped and torn away from their parents so what are you talking about?

So the fetus is magically romoved? How is it taken out of the body?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join