It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experience of hot body heat after/during prayer & vision flashes.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit
I don't experience heat while meditating, though I do get completely numb. I can stop meditating (Usually 60 to 90 minutes twice a day) and have a complete, eyes open discussion with my wife and my body stays absolutely numb until I move an appendage...At first I thought it was the chair causing the paralysis until I tried in bed and the results were the same.
Has that ever happened to you?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I never experienced high body heat when praying. I never pray in the sauna so I guess I never will.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJesuit

This'll be an odd request, but bear with me. Next time you get warm like that, check your body temperature. I had something (not quite) similar happen last week- but it wasn't meditation or prayer. I was trying to force choke someone who really and truly deserved it. Just... don't ask. But after getting my forehead checked, and told I looked like s***, minute I got home, I stuck a thermometer in my mouth. 98.1 (f). After a while, got a head check again, and back in went the thermometer- 98.*6*. This was an oral thermometer, btw.

The way I felt, it should have been reading 99+. Now, I have to wonder- would mental exertion raise not your body temp, but your brain temp, like a computer running too hard? I was extremely stressed, but I was also really concentrated on doing mayhem (the environment I was in would NOT permit me to actually slug them. But oh, how I wanted to...).

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

It was around 3 ish I noticed because I had to get up lower the ac and stand in front of the fridge for a while . The request was a Global request ie. Like peace, guidance, healing ect.
I worked evenings at the time so was awake when others slept.

edit on 4-7-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2018 by TheJesuit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=23555916]wylekat[/post

I feel like I should respond to you, next time become Teflon make your whole mind& body positively (exercise smiling as hard as you can before and during)charged Teflon ..and really believe it.. it will reflect the negatives from others back it themselves and all you would do is watch dettached as it consumes......mu hahaha.....

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Common occurrence among some (if not most) religions of the world .

edit on 7/4/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
Has anyone felt severe body heat either during or after praying for a long time I've also gotten these very vivid flashes like Hi def pictures that pop into my sight eyes closed and fully awake during prayer?

I know some of you don't believe but it happens when you pray for a long time in one sitting usually for a cause other. Than a personal Request .
Oh and usually around 3 am give or take an hour

Anyone heard of or experience this please let me know......thanks

Around 2:00 - 4:00 AM is sometimes considered to be the witching hour. Note that this term does not necessarily indicate there is evil associated with this time period:

Psychological literature suggests that apparitional experiences and sensed presences are most common between the hours of 2 and 4 a.m., corresponding with a 3 a.m. peak in the amount of melatonin in the body

Folklore has long associated this time with supernatural experiences.

Sounds like you had a good experience. You must be doing something right. I'd advise you to make it a practice of doing this. You may experience some marvelous revelations.

-dex

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DexterRiley

I have had "experiences" so to say foreknowledge thru visions & intuition, apparitions&oobe's and such. Just trying to make sense of it! I could write a book but I might be locked away in a rubber room for some of the stuff I've seen! But it's becoming true events which scares and saddens me......

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
a reply to: DexterRiley

I have had "experiences" so to say foreknowledge thru visions & intuition, apparitions&oobe's and such. Just trying to make sense of it! I could write a book but I might be locked away in a rubber room for some of the stuff I've seen! But it's becoming true events which scares and saddens me......

Yep. It's one of those curse AND gift kind of things.

We've always been taught that such experiences are the delusions of a sick mind. But I believe some people are waking up to the knowledge that there is a solid basis to them.

Perhaps we find it difficult to make sense of it all because we don't have the proper context to understand it.

Or, maybe it's tough to cast off enough of the disbelief we have had drilled into our subconscious over our lifetimes to put the pieces of the puzzle together.

Children are capable of "intuiting" these phenomena, without having the proper world knowledge to understand or describe them. Then our society convinces them they are not real, and they lose the ability.

I believe that some people eventually can regain the skills, but not that natural intuition of how it all works.

Good luck!

-dex

top topics

<< 1   >>

join