It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Says, "Hell yes, Putin wanted Trump for President

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Johnson was the Libertarian candidate.

You are correct with the candidate part. Shooter did specify candidate. I guess I’ll shut up now.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

I would be very happy if two things happened from this point:

1. We make it a top national priority to secure our voting systems, particularly the national election for President in every possible way.

2. Americans realize the massive effect that the media and social networking can have on our public perceptions and start guarding against fake news with good ol' fashioned personal responsibility and critical thought.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'd say you're mistaken in all those claims.

1. The thread is about a finding after more than a year's investigation by the US Senate that a foreign power did indeed meddle in our elections. This is in stark contrast to the results of the same investigation of the same material by the House of Representatives. Not just differing findings ... directly opposed findings.

2. It's signficant because, depending on the day, many folks who support Mr. Trump claim that there was no evidence of Russian interference. Anyone who can read and understand English knew this in January 2017, but now, the second branch of government has weighed in and the fact of a Russian attack on our election is settled.

3. The primary focus of this thread is not about Clinton's loss and Trump's win. Indeed, all need to get over that, mostly Trump supporters. Anytime anythign related to the Election comes up, it's like a chant: "Trump won, Clinton lost, nyah nyah." Childish really.

4. Finally, the findings of the Senate Commmittee firmly justify the need for the Mueller Investigation despite the best efforts of Trump's political allies in the House to discredit that investigation.

You must have missed this part...."We did not make an assessment of the impact that Russian activities had on the outcome of the 2016 election. "
Lots of nations tried
This report shows no impact
So again
At this point what difference does this make?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

All she had to do was show up in swing states
She couldn't be bothered
Deplorables and all

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   

This report shows no impact

Right. Because they did not try to determine if there was an impact.

But then, neither did the post to which you replied. Are you talking to yourself?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

I was hoping to get some better information on exactly what you were saying

I was saying that Trump resisted imposing sanction on Russia for six or seven months and did not do so until pressure from Congress for him to enforce the law he signed became too much for him to do so any longer.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

So you believe this to be evidence of.... what, exactly?
Be specific.

Here's a quote from your OP

"Meanwhile, in preparation for his meeting with Putin, Trump chews out NATO and the government does nothing to combat Russia's ongoing efforts to meddle."

What "ongoing efforts to meddle" are you referring to, exactly?
And, be specific.

Or are you referring to those magical disappearing invisible Facebook adds?

Come on, Phage, I've been a member here long enough to know that you ain't naive, ignorant, OR stupid. You are probably one of the most respected members here, but so far, this thread has been 9 or 10 pages of mostly quips and prattle, resulting in a MASSIVE signal to noise ratio.

I don't know what color your politics are, and don't care. I'm sorry, but from where I'm sitting, you seem to be losing the high ground on this one, my friend.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Full of solutions to problems with no impact?
Not my fault you chose a poor source for a thread.

At this point what difference does it make?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I'm just not smart enough to keep up with all the evil Trump does,

That's OK, Hillarys evil was worse....

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

Um.. did you forget the meeting to to obtai dirt on hillary fro the Russian government?!?

Oh you just pretend it never happened...

Say what?

Yeah, that one kinda lost me, too, hehe.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

"Meanwhile, in preparation for his meeting with Putin, Trump chews out NATO and the government does nothing to combat Russia's ongoing efforts to meddle."
Yes. As per the Committee report.
Troll farmers continue to pop up on ATS from time to time, but ATS mods are pretty good at spotting them. It's not really hard.

edit on 7/4/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

At this point what difference does it make?

Yeah.

Keep on keeping on Vlad. We like what you're doing.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I agree 100%, our current hodge podge of resources used to tabulate the votes should be refined to a universal set up that is the most secure one available. (personally I prefer paper ballots, but I understand why some hate that way)

I detest social media for the negative impact its having on people, I hope people wake up to the influence it has on people but I am not hopeful at this point.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

well first of all i make up my own mind and since i dont have access to all the so called evidence "those who barely work in a year" do i will continue to view it as highly suspect.

beyond that, dont you realize by attributing all the political turn abouts in the western world to the russians you are in effect making them practically godlike in their ability to subvert virtually every recent election that went the "wrong way" in the last couple years?

i mean damn, you can choose to believe in some giant russian conspiracy in which a country with the gdp of italy managed to best all the intel agencies and protections of the most powerful countries in the world......

or you can side with our good friend Occam who would say people swing the pendulum and this time the political pendulum is swinging way from globalism to nationalism....entirely predictable given the way the elites have abused the openness and generosity of wealthy western societies....

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Senate Says, "Hell yes, Putin wanted Trump for President

I guess the sad part is we would of never had known that if Hillary had been elected...

link   

Yes. As per the Committee report.
Troll farmers continue to pop up on ATS from time to time, but ATS mods are pretty good at spotting them. It's not really hard.

See!? I have no freakin' idea what that means.

Like I said, quips and prattle.

link   
a reply to: tribal

or you can side with our good friend Occam

Can you clarify upon how Occam applies?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
well one if they did and thats a big if,who gives a crap? after all the elections we meddled in tampered with and installed dictators it would be karma if they managed to screw with our elections by getting the people riled up. they made posts on social media and if you were infuenced by them thats on you not the tricksy Russians. they wanted division they got it and here we are

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

I have no freakin' idea what that means.

That's what happens when you don't pay attention.
Troll Farm

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Sorry Phage, this is a low for you.

Those pesky Russians spent like $400,000 - $500,000 on facebook ads.

That's the extent of Russian influence... some facebook ads, some tweets, and some forum bots.

Such an attack must be met with swift justice right? NUKE MOSCOW!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Such an attack must be met with swift justice right? NUKE MOSCOW!

That seems extreme.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join