It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Major incident' declared after two collapse in Wiltshire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Sounding bad the way the BBC are reporting it, I hope it's just spin and hype, but again another publicity blow to your tourist industry for sure.
...lol at Steve Hillage!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think you are right, I was being flippant. I just don't find Stonehenge that impressive Avebury is, though. There is a definite vibe about that place.

Things still cordoned off here, have no idea what is going on.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Avebury is special and much more impressive...see you are a secret hippy as well!
Crazy it's so close to Porton Down, one of my brothers had some 'medical testing' done on him there when he was in the Army.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

"'medical testing"?

Sounds ominous, to say the least, after all, we have been known for the odd goobement experimentations on members of our own public and armed forces.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yes, they were injected with something and it made them all sick, some worse than others. The twat volunteered for it though, I'll ask him about it when I speak next.
Porton Down must have many secrets behind it's gates, and it seems fishy to me it's so close to all this 'substance' poisoning thing going on.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Still no more news about this incident. Most odd.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux
a reply to: buddha

From the article:

Major incident declared in Amesbury

man and woman feared to have been exposed to an unknown substance are in a critical condition, prompting police to declare a major incident.

This morning many are in disbelief that this has been declared a major incident and that so many reporters from national media have descended on their doorsteps.

Two police cars and three officers are here as Wiltshire Police is yet again dealing with a major incident just a few miles away from where Sergei and Yulia Skripal were found.

Police have cordoned off Muggleton Road where a major incident was declared

Wow, they really do want us to see this as a major incident, don't they?

I am not sure if this is just sensationalism, but if you read the article, there isn't really anything suggesting that this is a major incident in any reasonable capacity of the word, other than the repeated use of the term.

It's been declared one by the Local Authority/Emergency Services (has to be done when an unknown substance has caused harm to people under COSHH Law).

Declaring a Major Incident is routine in these cases as it allows the emergency services to work closely together and set up a base/bases of operations on a Gold, Silver and Bronze command structure. Until they know what the substance is they err on the side of caution. It doesn't mean anything big has happened, just two or more emergency services need extra funds and resources to work together on the case.

Highly doubt it'll turn out to be anything - lots of reports and rumors of it being drug related in the Press. Could be one of the rarer research chemicals resold as drugs or seizures from effects of drugs and heat/dehydration.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Thanks - I did not know any of that.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Wiltshire pair poisoned by Novichok Nerve Agent

SO they have a Lot of explaining to do.
Never trust your Government...

"nothing in their background" to suggest the
pair were targeted, the Met Police said."

Why close Boots Chemists?
are they giving the Nerve Agent out?

edit on 4-7-2018 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

They are cordoning off sites where they were known to have gone to, obviously. So, never trust our Govt but implicitly trust and believe that Russia is never up to no good?

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I'm on the fence but if I had to make a call I'd trust the UK government over Putin.
Not particularly patriotic but the Devil you know and all that.

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
Wiltshire pair poisoned by Novichok Nerve Agent

SO they have a Lot of explaining to do.
Never trust your Government...

"nothing in their background" to suggest the
pair were targeted, the Met Police said."

Why close Boots Chemists?
are they giving the Nerve Agent out?

No ### way! It ### Was novichock?!

I was thinking carphentynol or phentynol or something like that.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join