It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Major incident' declared after two collapse in Wiltshire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

A man and woman feared to have been exposed to an unknown substance
are in a critical condition, prompting police to declare a major incident.

The pair, both in their 40s, were found unconscious in Amesbury, Wiltshire, on Saturday.
While it was not clear if a crime had been committed, the force said, a number of scenes
in Amesbury and Salisbury known to have been frequented by the couple had been cordoned off.

'Major incident' declared after two collapse in Wiltshire

No this is not the old one. this is a New story.
not much information yet.
are they (UK) Trying to kill off more spys?
lets see what lye's they tell this time.
Amesbury is about ten miles from Salisbury.
or did they just dump a nerve agent on the
street to see how it works? again.
edit on 7/3/2018 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Could be a lot of things, methane from sewers, someone dumping chemicals down sewers can actually fill a house with some bad gasses, they could be doing it down the street and a person has a dry floor drain or trap in the house.

Could be lots of things, it does not have to be terrorist or involve Russia.

Of course, the department that manages the sewers will say it is Russia if it has anything to do with sewer gas, Russians clogged the stink pipe.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yes the Old reds under the bed!
that help't them destroy a Lot of people in the 50s.
I wish the rest of the people would Wake up!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
So do We Know Any more about this
Couple , and why their professions are ? .... Also, are they related to the Steele dossier ?

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: buddha

With barely any information you've already ruled out Russia and convicted the British security services. That's some powerful bias you're sporting there. And so confident you've added some sarcasm too. Sweet.

Same here mate. People are dreaming that Russia is a blameless paradise.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:30 AM
link   
In the last couple of days in Australia, a father and his two sons died from inhaling a noxious gas in their basement workshop, apparently from a build up of carbon monoxide(preliminarily finding)from a generator that was running without proper ventilation. Last I heard the investigation was on hold until it could be properly vented.
Accidents happen....

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

With barely any information you've already ruled out Russia and convicted the British security services. That's some powerful bias you're sporting there. And so confident you've added some sarcasm too. Sweet.

Same here mate. People are dreaming that Russia is a blameless paradise.

I'll go with Kandinsky on this one. I don't have a thing against Russians, personally, but Russia, or, more accurately, the Russian Government? I grew up with the Cold War, and even after 25 years or so I STILL can't imagine ever see them as anything even RESEMBLING trustworthy.

One doesn't necessarily have to instantly jump to the conclusion that Russia had anything to do with it, without evidence, but would Russia do something like this?

In a heartbeat. Never think twice about it. Hell yeah. And they've DONE so in the past. Many, MANY times.

So, yes, I think the OP is a bit naive.

Wait!!!... Kandinsky... Hmmm.

Kandinsky sounds like one of them Roosky names to me.

Mr. Kandinsky, Are you, or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party???

Because even there were only ONE communist on ATS, that would be one communist too many!!!

Sincerely,
Uncle Joe

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Looks to me like an over reaction or an over reported event without any details.

"It was initially believed that the two patients fell ill after using possibly heroin or crack coc aine from a contaminated batch of drugs," the force said. "They are both currently receiving treatment for suspected exposure to an unknown substance at Salisbury District Hospital," it added. 'Containing any risk' Wiltshire's Police and Crime Commissioner Angus Macpherson said the police had worked hard at "containing any risk that might be there". "There's no reason to think it's connected with matters of last month," he said. "I haven't seen anything in this incident yet that I would consider to be an overreaction in terms of previous incidents, it all seems fairly textbook." Public Health England said it did not believe there was a "significant health risk" to the wider public, although its advice was being continually assessed. Officials said the hospital was "open as usual" and advised patients to attend routine appointments unless contacted and advised to do otherwise.

Maybe not the British SS or the Sweet Russians just some Mamba or other poison taken by warped choice.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I was thinking the most likley reason for this will turn out to be drugs,too much sun or a combination of both.

People collapse every day all over the uk thanks to the nasty synthetic "cannabis" type drugs-its an epidemic here.

Plus the recent heatwave is making all sorts of problems from heat stroke to people drowning in rivers and lakes.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

From the article:

Major incident declared in Amesbury

man and woman feared to have been exposed to an unknown substance are in a critical condition, prompting police to declare a major incident.

This morning many are in disbelief that this has been declared a major incident and that so many reporters from national media have descended on their doorsteps.

Two police cars and three officers are here as Wiltshire Police is yet again dealing with a major incident just a few miles away from where Sergei and Yulia Skripal were found.

Police have cordoned off Muggleton Road where a major incident was declared

Wow, they really do want us to see this as a major incident, don't they?

I am not sure if this is just sensationalism, but if you read the article, there isn't really anything suggesting that this is a major incident in any reasonable capacity of the word, other than the repeated use of the term.

edit on 4-7-2018 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

A dog doing a poo is a major incident to the tiny Wiltshire Constabulary.
I agree, they are milking the 'major incident' line a bit.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm in Salisbury. Here is the news from our local paper:

Salisbury Journal

Seems it was originally thought to be drug related but the so was the Skripal's. This was in Amesbury which is @ 10 miles or
so away. But, they have cordoned off bits of Salisbury including the whole of a local Park which seems odd. At this stage it looks like a typical overreaction by Plod in the light of recent events here. No one in Hazmat suits at the moment.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Slightly off-topic, but has tourism/business been damaged since to nerve agent thing?
I'm assuming like in my parts you rely a fair bit on tourist money.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Yes it has. Local businesses are really suffering. Tourism is big here what with being near to Stonehenge and with the Cathedral and stuff.

Mind you, Stonehenge is a bit rubbish? How did ancient Britons get the stones from Wales to Stonehenge? - I'll tell you - two at the front, two at the back. "Up your end" etc.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
One of the comments on the Salisbury Journal's site is:

"With this being Amesbury I wouldn't be surprised if the "unknown substance" turns out to be a bar of soap".

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Man that's bad, I know if we have a crap summer then everyone suffers, so much of the economy relies on 'foreign' cash.
Lol at 'Up your end', makes me think of my least favourite life task, moving furniture for mates or whatever.
I love stonehenge for the summer solstice party (didn't go this year) but Avebury is my favourite.
Hope things get better with the tourists though mate

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Latest update:

Salisbury Journal

Agree, Avebury is better.

Summer solstice party? Bloody hippy....

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Several locations, including the address in Amesbury, the nearby Baptist Church, a chemist attached to Barcroft Surgery and Queen Elizabeth Gardens in Salisbury, were cordoned off in the early hours of yesterday morning.

Is the Baptist church a soup kitchen or anything like that?
Only asking because I'm imaginine two heroin addicts, got their methodrone from the chemist, had some food at the church, then went to the park to drink?
Seem plausable, or am I barking up the wrong bush?

EDIT
Hippy yes lol
edit on 4-7-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

According to the BBC it was a "family fun day". At this stage, your guess is as good as mine. there has been a warning out here about a batch of "bad" drugs. The bloody news helicopter is back.

Hippy, eh? I now have the inexplicable urge to get my Steve Hillage albums out.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

A little off topic, but think they may have moved the stones on wooden rollers or waited until the ground was frozen.

Some job all the same!

Love to see the place at some point as our history is important.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join