It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Greenpeace Crashes 'Superman Drone' Into Nuclear Power Plant To Expose Facility's Dangers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The dirty little secret is the founder of Greanpeace supports nuclear energy.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

thats perfect! and probably true.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

tesla was the man, the earth can generate what we need, but no profit means no way

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51

tesla was the man, the earth can generate what we need, but no profit means no way

We already use electricity. I agree Tesla was the man, but how do you suppose to generate that? Youre going to have to have power.

Even Tesla had to have a power source.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
So what would it take to accutualy do damage to one of these facilities... and more importantly can a normal drone (non military) carry and deploy such damage?

Its not enough to say "we hit it with a drone dressed lick superman" to prove how easy it is to attack. You also have to prove how easy it would be to have done real damage if you where so inclined.

link   
net's

boom problem solved

link   

he was trying to tell us...the earth IS the power source.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

Unironically nuclear power is the cleanest form of energy

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

he was trying to tell us...the earth IS the power source.

But it wasnt demonstrated, thats the point.

Im pointing out here, that you called the world stupid for using Nuclear power, but you have no alternative, hell you cant even name a legitimate alternative to replace it.

Its all good to call people names postulate our superiority of thought, but when there are no solutions offered up, doesnt it ring a bit hollow?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: cenpuppie

Apparently, they don't.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit
cleanest form of energy? really? is that why we wonder what to do with the waste? shove it in mountains, put it in tanks, bury it somewhere. hope to god nothing ever disturbs it, because the reality is we dont know what to do with it!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:01 PM
link   

So your saying we should use fossil fuel plants to power entire countries? Just strip-mine the planet and dump it all into the atmosphere? Do you have a solution?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

So your saying we should use fossil fuel plants to power entire countries? Just strip-mine the planet and dump it all into the atmosphere? Do you have a solution?

Regress to a simpler time? Cull the population and return to an agrarian society; we should start with getting ride of the big cities and the people in them?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

i dont think i ever said any of that. i just said nuclear power sucks...and it does.
what other power source creates a bi product so scary that it can kill you if you get close?
fukushima is one of those clean power sources you speak of that is killing the earth.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:41 PM
link   

i dont think i ever said any of that. i just said nuclear power sucks...and it does.
what other power source creates a bi product so scary that it can kill you if you get close?
fukushima is one of those clean power sources you speak of that is killing the earth.

You still, have not answered my question.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Watch Damnation. I'm a conservative and even that movie struck a chord with me. I saw how the Columbia gorge was changed from the damns. Our nation has too many damns, many of which are not producing electricity. And no, wind and solar aren't a full solution, but only part of the solution. The real solution? Hamster wheel. Millions of em.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
The dirty little secret is the founder of Greanpeace supports nuclear energy.

He owns stock in Superman drones AND new que lure power.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Because a domestic drone, weighing a few ounces, with very little lift (so not able to carry "packages"), is able to ram into a reinforced concrete wall, and do more than make a scuff mark on it.

Its like the paranoia of drones bringing planes down. Even my 3 pilot friends have a good laugh at that. Even if one flies into the turbine intake, the fan blades would julienne it.

Military drones are a whole different thing though.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Those people should be in prison.

Greenpeace is nothing but a bunch of self righteous hipsters who continually commit crimes.

I say charge them all under RICO statutes, lock them up and throw away the key.

Agreed. In this case they completely ignore that nuclear energy is the cleanest, safest, least harmful option on an effects per MWh output basis. They rarely if ever get their facts right.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

I was thinking of putting up some signs that say "no drones allowed"

Maybe in multible languages

And a considerable fine....

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join