It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch: Greenpeace Crashes 'Superman Drone' Into Nuclear Power Plant To Expose Facility's Dangers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
So, Greenpeace slams a drone into a nuclear power plant to prove how vulnerable it is. I get it, most of us know that nuclear power is quite dangerous after Chernobyl and Fukushima. I for one would prefer we stop using ours and fire up some coal or natural gas.

www.zerohedge.com...

Greenpeace France on Tuesday crashed a drone dressed as Superman into the Bugey nuclear energy plant, located about 20 miles east of Lyon, to expose how vulnerable that facility is to a terrorist attack and highlight the broader dangers of this type of power generation.

The activists told AFP that the drone struck "a storage pool for spent nuclear fuel next to a reactor, one of the most radioactive areas at the site."

"This is a highly symbolic action: it shows that spent fuel pools are very accessible, this time from the air, and therefore extremely vulnerable to attack," Yannick Rousselet, head of Greenpeace France's anti-nuclear campaign, said in a statement.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
nuclear power sucks! it is quite stupid and will eventually kill the planet.
fukushima has quite a head start and no one knows what to do.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
im happy for green peace, nuclear power plants are all on a timer...when the time runs out?...............

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
They do realize that crashing a drone into a spent fool rod pool dome, structurally sound or not (cuz we all know how that is) is... dangerous right?

I for one would prefer we stop using ours and fire up some coal or natural gas.

Natural gas is where it's at.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Maybe if they put their energies into exposing how fake the war on terror is, always was, and how that kind of behavior prompts more to want to attack US, then the plants wouldnt face being attacked.

And in the same stroke it'd help deter further conflicts. I mean do they even hustle to raise awareness of environmental effects of Depleted Uranium as the primary metal used in military munitions?
edit on 3-7-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:57 PM
link   
our search for power has been assnine to say the least. dam up the rivers,burn the coal, and build nuclear power plants which have a by product that will kill us all.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

its not up to them to prove anything, the rest of us should be smart enough to know how stupid this all is.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

This is insanity!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Those people should be in prison.

Greenpeace is nothing but a bunch of self righteous hipsters who continually commit crimes.

I say charge them all under RICO statutes, lock them up and throw away the key.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
our search for power has been assnine to say the least. dam up the rivers,burn the coal, and build nuclear power plants which have a by product that will kill us all.

You do realize that when you dam the rivers up and use that force to generate electricity, all the water still goes downstream?

We are using gravity to generate electricity.

We are not burning water when we do this, or whatever asinine thing you are thinking.

If you want to get technical. we are at the same time making wildlife habitats.

So what are your solutions? Wind and solar, I am assuming....

And the OP should change the title from GreenPeace to Eco-Terrorists, which is what the organization has become.
edit on 3-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-7-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   

a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

its not up to them to prove anything, the rest of us should be smart enough to know how stupid this all is.

Quoted for the stupidest post ever.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
They need to be arrested and booked for an act of terrorism.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

so..your not smart enough to realize how stupid nuclear power is? that is what i said, we shouldnt have to rely on the antics of green peace, we should know this on our own....clear enough for you?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

so..your not smart enough to realize how stupid nuclear power is? that is what i said, we shouldnt have to rely on the antics of green peace, we should know this on our own....clear enough for you?

What other power sources would you suggest we start using to replace the output?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
That is one Hades of an idiot idea.
It is a nuclear power plant folks
Very high level Federal offense they just commited .
Wonder if they all were not shot and killed.
Have some people lost their ever loving minds ?
Its gone and they cannot find them.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Hmm..
I am wondering who is the "smart one".
And who is not...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It happened in France though,

so they'll probably get a medal and an invitational speaking tour of local mosques.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry

the ones that are well known, but well hidden..because they dont generate profit.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Gothmog

It happened in France though,

so they'll probably get a medal and an invitational speaking tour of local mosques.

Thanks for reminding me it was foreign loons
Busy replying to 2 or 3 separate folks
So , the French dont secure their nuclear plants ?
Wow , no wonder they consider them dangerous.
Try that in the US and the next thing a person may see is a hellfire missile launched by a Hornet.
Up close and personal.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

a reply to: SailorJerry

the ones that are well known, but well hidden..because they dont generate profit.

Brilliant non answer.

No seriously, what you would suggest you replace their output with? You said we should get rid of it, so how?

World wide its 14 % of all power, in other places like Iran, and Europe its more, here in the US its 20 %

What do we replace it with?

<<   2  3  4 >>

join