It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DNC Chair States That Ocasio-Cortez Represents The 'Future Of Our Party'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

What about COREY BOOKER? This is what he said at the Netroots Nation Conference in New Orleans today.

One of President Trump's most vocal critics in the U.S. Senate said Friday that he once cried “tears of rage” over the Trump administration’s rhetoric.

U.S. Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., made the remark at the Netroots Nation Conference in New Orleans.

“I’m a big believer that if America, if this country hasn’t broken your heart, then you don’t love her enough," Booker continued. "Because there’s things that are savagely wrong in this country.”
More at: www.foxnews.com...

Corey does look like he's full of "tears of rage" in the photo. I wonder if he has any solutions to help our "savagely wrong" nation?

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

The milenials I know bust their asses at jobs doing five jobs for the pay of one.

Corporate downsizing in the 90's and the trend it inspired has most of the kids around here locally working a skeleton crew.

They're living with roommates and getting called lazy all the time because they're not a register all the time because their in back office with planograms and managerial conferences and working multiple areas of their store simeotaneously.

I'm Gen X with a history a retail and I cracked from the pressure in a week.

Granted by now I should be upper management but alas, things came up which prevented that.

Now they're cutting hours at the local branch and employees are worried they're going to close up.

Most of the workers there are vested in that company.

I frequent the cafe and there is a steady stream of customers and it's a valuable community resource (the only bookstore in town).

The move to ebooks and digital media coupled with the fact that a lot of workers around here can't even afford the luxury of a book there (me included) is hurting profits.

I'm going to be going up there tomorrow to scope things out.

Gotta put my two cents in.

But this constant refrain that ALL milenials are lazy grind my gears.

Working class is busting their asses and barely able to make ends meet.

There's my two cents here.

edit on 8/4/18 by GENERAL EYES because: added a footnote

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

What about COREY BOOKER? This is what he said at the Netroots Nation Conference in New Orleans today.

One of President Trump's most vocal critics in the U.S. Senate said Friday that he once cried “tears of rage” over the Trump administration’s rhetoric.

U.S. Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., made the remark at the Netroots Nation Conference in New Orleans.

“I’m a big believer that if America, if this country hasn’t broken your heart, then you don’t love her enough," Booker continued. "Because there’s things that are savagely wrong in this country.”
More at: www.foxnews.com...

Corey does look like he's full of "tears of rage" in the photo. I wonder if he has any solutions to help our "savagely wrong" nation?

Cory until quite recently, was a Wall st darling, he know the energy is with the Bernie/ Cortex axis so playing it safe is simply good politics, if he get in mark my word he'll do faster backstroke than Michael Phelps

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

In my travels I see tons of people from all ages and backgrounds doing very well for themselves. Millenials included. The cruise ships and resorts are packed with them.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Corey Booker just needs to simmer down and respect the intelligence of voters more. Like many of his liberal colleagues, Corey promises the world, but never describes the cost. Voters are not as gullible for that pie-in-the-sky crap as they once were.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Blue collar here.

La dee da good for them.

posted on Aug, 4 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That's a media talking point myth, it's not pie in the sky and there are ways to pay for it, but it's a matter of priorities.

A new study on universal health care shows partisans are bad at reading studies.

The Mercatus Center, a libertarian think tank funded by the Koch Brothers, has done a cost analysis of the Medicare For All bill put forward by Bernie Sanders. The report concluded it would cost $32.6 trillion over ten years. Speaker of the House Paul Ryan voiced the common conservative response that this was a prohibitively expensive proposal:

But as Matt Bruenig pointed out in Jacobin, this sum would be a saving of over $2 trillion from what the United States as a whole would spend under the existing system.
newrepublic.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join