It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings from a Tinker, Teacher, Drinker, Spy:)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Well Hello ATS!!! I have lurked since at least 2005, and now that I'm turning the half century mark I figured it's time to jump in and participate. Hopefully age indicates at least a little wisdom finally, but in my case I doubt it, so at least I can be a new someone to laugh with (at). A few introductory tidbits about me?
I am a High School Science Teacher up here in Washington State, endorsed in Biology, working in the public school system, been at inner city schools as well as suburban schools so I have about a million stories about all that (It's usually the parent's fault) lol.
I am a surfer, and snow sports person, as long as my knees hold out. Very West coast oriented but not too libtarded.

I once lived out in the woods in a tent for 5 months. I actually had a job delivering pizzas during that time. Lots of funny stories, If you decide to do it just remember on day 1 learn how to find your tent at night... Before it gets dark...

I did some extensive Environmental Science field studies back in college, mostly studying amphibian species.

I am firmly, unshakably, a believer in science and scientific methods, in gathering proof and evidence to back up claims, it is the only way, However, I love a good conspiracy. Have you heard the one about the Las Vegas shooter? I am interested in that one.

I am a musician, plays guitar and base and some keyes.

I am an amateur astronomer, got 2 backyard scopes and know my way around the night sky year round. I get some great views of Jupiter with my 6" Dobsonian. I have seen UFO's on at least 3 solid occasions, the darty white light ones that start and stop and change direction, etc. And I have seen several questionable ones, but I believe there really are many reasonable explanations for some of those. Satellites can flare due to rotation and sun angle over the earth, etc. so again, science is king. But. Yeah.

I spent an entire summer as a paraglider camera man up in Alaska, flew around (as a passenger) in ultralight aircraft, paragliders, small helicopters, and single engine planes toting a Cannon mini DV camera shooting and editing video for tourists and for promo videos for fishing tours, got stranded way, way, way upriver once (jetboat sucked up some gravel) and we hat to chopper out the tourists after we floated down to where we got a radio signal, Then I got to help float the dead boat all the way back out to the mouth of the river, luckily the sun was still out 15 hours later at 11 pm up there. And I was just the camera guy. Imagine if I had signed on to be an actual crewmate. Oh yeah and that one time the ultralight prop BROKE at 4000 feet. Yet another story.

I never saw a Sasquatch but I went to a conference once where a presenter had plaster footprints.

I Drove a 66 Cadillac funeral hearse around in my early 20's, we cut a sunroof in the top. it was an awesome car. My friend ran over a naked guy (he lived, broke his arm) More stories there too.

I worked several years as a computer tech in the late 90's, had an early version of the A+ cert and actually even had an office at (Im not sure if I can mention a companies name, I'm a noob) so at an, umm, a huge software company, in Redmond Wa, uuh, rhymes with "trikes-aloft".... funny stories there too.

I later on was a supervisor at a tech support call center for 5 years, once we had to fire a guy for taking a pee on the bushes right out the front door....in the parking lot...more stories there.

I was married, bought a house, and divorced, lost the house. I got an awesome girlfriend nowdays, I think getting married ruins the whole thing, I have scientific proof.

I talk alot. I have never been rich but I always work.

I always try to fix my own car first, before the shop.

I have owned several motorbikes, I ride a Suzuki AN 400 Burgman scooter now. Im old. It goes on the freeway.

I got my teaching certificate 3 years ago after the divorce, best thing I have ever done so far, teaching science rocks when the kids are interested.

I worked last summer season (no teacher job over summer last year) at a warehouse... a big huge one (again no company name to be on the safe side) , a big huge fulfillment center, in the news, uhh, rhymes with "Scam -prisoohn" they near worked me and everyone in there to death. no joking, and I am not a wusscake, I am still injured a year later. talk about a conspiracy. I felt horrible for the folks stuck in there when I quit, some people are so hard up for a job they will put up with the abuse for low-ish pay. but I had to get back to teaching.

Wait, there's more, but I'll let the gentle reader off easy and quit for now, I very much look forward to meeting you all, and congratulations to those of you who stuck through this ridiculous thread.

CHEERS!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lr103
Welcome home.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Great intro !

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

šŸ˜Ž

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I spent an entire summer as a paraglider camera man up in Alaska, flew around (as a passenger) in ultralight aircraft, paragliders, small helicopters, and single engine planes toting a Cannon mini DV camera shooting and editing video for tourists and for promo videos for fishing tours, got stranded way, way, way upriver once (jetboat sucked up some gravel) and we hat to chopper out the tourists after we floated down to where we got a radio signal, Then I got to help float the dead boat all the way back out to the mouth of the river, luckily the sun was still out 15 hours later at 11 pm up there. And I was just the camera guy. Imagine if I had signed on to be an actual crewmate. Oh yeah and that one time the ultralight prop BROKE at 4000 feet. Yet another story.

Typical tourists from the city. Someone always has to save them.

once we had to fire a guy for taking a pee on the bushes right out the front door...

OK, not an outdoor person eh

Just kidding of course. Welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

That was an outstanding intro.

Welcome to ATS membership. You will likely find the site even more enjoyable now and you will soon have access to the r.at.s. (really above top secret) forum.

Hope to catch you around the forums.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Hey...What did you do with the tailor and the soldier?
I'm not accusing...I'm just inquiring. For a friend.
edit on 732018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

That is an awesome resume. I wish I was you.
I hope we can keep you interested enough.
Welcome.Answers this way ā†—ā†˜ā†™ā¬‡ā¬…ā†”ā¤“ā¤µā†•

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Haha, awesome, well, i did stitch up a backpack and sandals and pants by hand so yeah i guess *Tailor* could go, Soldier? only in spirit. I almost went Navy back in '93.. another story, we ran out of gas on the way to my appointment to join as a seabee. umm, I changed my mind later that evening...it was raining... my navy buddy was re- upping and I had a full on spot, since I had college, I missed my appointment by 3 hours, by the time we got back to my rental house there was a full on party and i....... partook....and watched Desert Storm on TV. Mom was happy. hope that weak excuse works for your :"friend"
Cheers!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Thank you so much. BTW it was not my call to fire the dude, someone else reported it and my hands were tied, I *probably* would have just let it go as a warning. It was funny though.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Yeah, well I water-skied on my bare feet once.
And before that I was on one ski after my other ski got eaten by a shark.
So, whatever...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

Rad! a shark ate your ski, and not you! thats badass. in my 30 years surfing out on the coast i have never seen a shark .. yet..

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lr103
a reply to: c2oden

Rad! a shark ate your ski, and not you! thats badass. in my 30 years surfing out on the coast i have never seen a shark .. yet..

Me either.
I was joking.

Welcome.

edit on 2018-07-03T22:21:29-05:002201803America/Chicago7 by c2oden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Lol. I'll pass it on. As a mom who's son has just joined the navy. He's going to be on a nuclear sub. I'm sure he'll have stories of his own.

You stitched yourself an outfit including shoes?
As a diva who is crazy about clothes and shoes I am truly impressed.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Lol. I'll pass it on. As a mom who's son has just joined the navy. He's going to be on a nuclear sub. I'm sure he'll have stories of his own.

You stitched yourself an outfit including shoes?
As a diva who is crazy about clothes and shoes I am truly impressed.

I'm pretty sure he signed up so you could hit on him.

That has to be it.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   

I've lived in the East coast my whole sixty one years. On the coast in N.Y. On long island and now on the Chesapeake bay.
I've seen sharks but only little ones. I even caught one once.
I love ocean swimming so I don't think about them. Never been bothered. I have been stung by jelly fish. That's the worst thing I ever encountered in the water.
I got caught in a rip tide two summers ago and thought I was going to be sucked out to the shipping lanes. I made it to a rock breakwater and used it to get back to shallower water. Tore up my hands and feet on oyster shells but I didn't drown.

I'm an ok swimmer. I had lessons as a kid but I was tired and the tide was going out though it was still at high tide in depth. I got out past the rock line where the water was about seven feet deep to a sand bar where it was only a foot or two. Not past my knees and I'm short.
When I tried to swim back it was like I was being sucked backwards. I couldn't swim past the end of the breakwater I couldn't touch bottom and my arms felt like lead weights. I swam parallel to the shore to finally reach the rocks and I crawled groped my way along them until I could stand up. It did not keep me from swimming the next day though. I did stay in the cove the rest of that summer not venturing out to the sand bar. Even that didn't carry over to the next summer. I was out past the rocks on the sand bar again. I just check the tide tables before I go out. Lol.
edit on 732018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: donktheclown

Thank you. Good to be home.

posted on Jul, 6 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

its good to learn how to swim on your own!

join