It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Ready To SCRAP Obama's Affirmative Action Guidelines

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I am glad that the Trump administration is ending this form of racial discrimination in colleges.

Next - I hope that they do something about the hurt that Obama put on our police departments. He lowered the requirements for police officers in the name of "diversity". This is racist. It implies that people of certain races are not able to compete for law enforcement positions unless the requirements are lowered.

Advancing Diversity in Law Enforcement Report (October 2016)

Besides being racist, lowering the standards for law enforcement hires does not make our society safer.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Racism is bad.
Affirmative Action is racism.
Eliminate Affirmative Action.
Eradicate racist policies.

These people cannot grasp kindergarten concepts. It's pretty sad.

At least now something may get done about it, now that it's not just white people being effected.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I am glad that the Trump administration is ending this form of racial discrimination in colleges.

Next - I hope that they do something about the hurt that Obama put on our police departments. He lowered the requirements for police officers in the name of "diversity". This is racist. It implies that people of certain races are not able to compete for law enforcement positions unless the requirements are lowered.

Advancing Diversity in Law Enforcement Report (October 2016)

Besides being racist, lowering the standards for law enforcement hires does not make our society safer.

The Marxist inspiration is visible in a lot of his actions as potus. A continuation of this poisonous ideology for another 8 years would have finished us.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Headline should be:

"Trump Ready To TRY scraping Obama's Affirmative Action Guidelines"

See healthcare, immigration situation etc. He does not finish up. Often, he even cannot find a working way to START when needing cooperation, which is a task Trump is not very good at.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

And how it should be,the government is the most racist unit of all,by inacting these laws they are saying in a sense"Your race is stupid and inferior,so we will place you into a position you are unqualified for,must of been how the Democratic party got it's start,the US is supposed to be a country of unity,all men are created equal

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

originally posted by: elementalgrove

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
a reply to: elementalgrove

Well the inner city schools suck in my city, along with many of the teachers. In addition, attendance at these schools, is abysmal. If parents don't care about their kid's future, why should the kid?

It is absolutely atrocious what are educational system has devolved into.

Sorry EG. Couldn't help myself.

LOL!

Well deserved, sometimes it is best to slow down!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Headline should be:

"Trump Ready To TRY scraping Obama's Affirmative Action Guidelines"

See healthcare, immigration situation etc. He does not finish up. Often, he even cannot find a working way to START when needing cooperation, which is a task Trump is not very good at.

It's the medical industry that won't cooperate. To get affordable healthcare, they would have to give up their markups on medical treatments. At one time, there was a shortage of saline solution (sterile water plus salt solution). These items were being sold at $900/bag.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Your source is a report from studies done by the Justice Department and other Federal agencies; it is not some sort of directive from Obama about the composition or entrance scales for police forces.

(PS, Presidents don't have that kind of authority.)
edit on 4-7-2018 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

He also needs to have education Secretary overhaul federal student loans so it can only be used for sciences and engineering and only be able to use at accredited schools. To many people got loans for useless degrees and have gotten stuck paying back loans they can not discharge. My ex almost got stuck with a loan she saw an ad for a online university that had a nursing degrees I asked her where was she going to learn how to do her hands on work like taking blood pressure and the like she said it was all online a quick Google search showed me only thing really about school would be the mountain of loan debt they would charge you with and I stopped her. But yes this is a good thing getting into college should be about grades and abilities not color of skin.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Obama Attempts to Lower Police Standards in the Name of Diversity

The long-arm of the White House reached to every single one of roughly 18,000 law enforcement agencies in America and unleashed a bark.

As part of his Advancing Diversity in Law Enforcement doctrine, outgoing-President Barrack Obama disseminated directives across the American landscape, compelling every police agency to restructure written and physical agility testing, as well as overlook drug use and criminal histories, so minorities have a better chance of joining police ranks.

The report in the post you are replying to was about a report created by a task force created by Obama, because he wanted the results that he pre-determined.

edit on 7/4/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Apologies if it's already been posted. But I believe this is very important to the topic.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join