It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Ready To SCRAP Obama's Affirmative Action Guidelines

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well, here's another thing that Liberals can protest against. Universities should ALWAYS take a race-neutral approach to student admissions and base their decision on a student's GRADES, not because of their race. Obama, IMO, set race relations back, by creating a culture pitting black people against white people. When Obama was president, It was OK to protest and blame police officers for EVERY killing of a black person. He NEVER condemned Black Lives Matter, for inciting violence and calling for the death of police officers. At the same time, he blamed the GOP for enacting policies that made it harder for black people to be successful. Obama's Affirmative Action guidelines for colleges, gave an advantage to certain groups of people, based on race, which by definition is discrimination. The ones who really get hurt by Affirmative Action, are Asian Americans. Asian students have to often score higher on their SATs, than white students, in order to gain admission to prestigious colleges. Affirmative Action doesn't level the playing field for all minorities...improving our schools in the inner cities and hiring better teachers, will increase a minority student's educational opportunities to earn a college degree.

The Trump administration is moving to rescind Obama-era guidance to colleges and universities on how they can use race in admissions decisions to promote diversity, according to an administration official.

he action, expected Tuesday afternoon, is likely to signal a push to emphasize admissions that are race-blind.

In 2011 and 2016, the Obama administration’s Justice and Education departments jointly spelled out for colleges their view of the law on the voluntary use of race in admissions.

www.washingtonpost.com... -11e8-bb6b-c1cb691f1402_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.febfdf566d36

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

We are getting a clear breakdown of the insidious way the globalist were destroying this country from the inside out.

Playing against the empathy of the left, much like a psychopath manipulates their empathic target.

No one wants to address how horrible the schools are in Democratic inner cities... why is that?

Kanye and Candace are on to something!!

I am enjoying Candace Owens showing just how hypercritical that left truly is, she is a great speaker on this very issue.

edit on America/ChicagoTuesdayAmerica/Chicago07America/Chicago731pmTuesday2 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I think this is hilarious because the obvious implication is it's the EEEEEEVIL white males that are clearly the ones behind this...

but NOPE...

its actually the Asian Americans that are behind this push... so racist /s

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Well the inner city schools suck in my city, along with many of the teachers. In addition, attendance at these schools, is abysmal. If parents don't care about their kid's future, why should the kid?

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny

Well the inner city schools suck in my city, along with many of the teachers. In addition, attendance at these schools, is abysmal. If parents don't care about their kid's future, why should the kid?

It is absolutely atrocious what are educational system has devolved into.

All by design, leading back to the General Education Board being created by Rockefellers, "I do not want a nation of thinkers, I want a nation of workers."

They are glorified indoctrination camps, pumping kids full of drugs, attacking them with toxic food/water, giving them BS propaganda as education, and then getting them into life long debt with useless degrees.

Hopefully we will be able to rebuild this mess now that we have someone who actually cares about the country in charge with the appropriate aspects of intelligence/military/leo allowing him to do his constitutional duties.

+4 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Chinese and Indian College applicants filed lawsuits stating that they were being passed over for Less qualified applicants.

So after today it goes back to a Level Playing Field for all. Admission based on smarts.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Oh dman,

You mean people should be judged on the content of their qualifications instead of their skin color.

The world is going to hell. I tell ya.
edit on 3-7-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Had Obama invented cure for cancer Trump would scrap it and American rednecks would think it's about fighting "globuuuhhliissts".

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Well done by Trump. They should make majority black schools work better, though it's not so easy, or possibly they should give black parents more and better options when picking a school for their children. But affirmative is unfair and undermines the nation's sense of fairness. It undermines our future too, when more promising students loose opportunities.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError
Had Obama invented cure for cancer Trump would scrap it and American rednecks would think it's about fighting "globuuuhhliissts".

Cool care to address the content of the thread and the implications instead of trying to dog whistle?????

Or is that too far out of scope for u???
edit on 7/3/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
By all accounts.

In the name of DIVERSITY.

Neither BLACK schools, or the Congressional BLACK Caucus should exist.

As they are RACIST.

Shouldn't they be more inclusive?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ErrorErrorError

Well there was never any worry about him doing that. After all, then he wouldn't have been able to claim it since he "didn't build that".

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

So, do you think that colleges should admit people to schools based on the color of their skin and not the content of their educational skills?

or

Are you just trying to Troll?
edit on 3-7-2018 by SocratesJohnson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

Cool care to address the content of the thread and the implications instead of trying to dog whistle?????

LOL. Dog whistle. Every time Trump does something American rednecks parrot how he is destroying some globalist cabale.
You want to be anti globalist? Build a fckin wall and isolate yourself like North Korea. Your currency is the most traded around the world. Your economy is dependant on the trade with rest of the world. I'm just tired of illiterate hicks screaming "glooooohhbbullist" at every piece of news.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

So an actual merit-based qualifications system?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

It is absolutely atrocious what are educational system has devolved into.

see i dont think it has devolved ... what i think has devolved is the family and/or parental engagement in their childrens education... its amazing to me that people think they dont need to do anything and just let the public school system indoctrina- i mean educate their children. Its a group effort.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

as opposed to how the left reacts...

ERHMAHGERDDDD SO RACIST SO EVIL, HE'S DESTROYING ERMEREKA SOMEONE IMPEEECH HIM GRAHHHGGGH

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: smkymcnugget420

I mean, all "races" can be racists...

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Triggered, like its your job or something.

I'm sorry you guzzled the globalist kool-aid

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join