It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skyrim: Very Special Edition – Official E3 2018 Trailer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
An announcement from Bethesda that may have escaped your notice , new versions of Skyrim taking advantage of all new and old technologies.

Looking forward to the etch a sketch edition !

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
An announcement from Bethesda that may have escaped your notice , new versions of Skyrim taking advantage of all new and old technologies.

Looking forward to the etch a sketch edition !

Do PC owners of the Oldrim LE and Skyrim Special Edition get this one for free as well.
I am getting in line for mine , now.
Played with an Etch A Sketch for hours every day

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Dude: "Fus Ro Dah!" < knocks s# off coffee table >

Alexa: "Your shout echoes all the way to Sovngarde."

Wife: "What happened??"

Dude: "Fus Ro Dah. It's the command for knocking things over."

Wife: "Is there a command for picking s# up?"

Dude: "...Haven't reached that level yet!"

LMFAO XD

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Brilliant.

In all honesty I can't wait for ES6.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
Brilliant.

In all honesty I can't wait for ES6.

Assuming they don’t make it a damn online survival RPG like they’re doing with Fallout 76.
Oh Bethesda how far thy hath fallen!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

I really wish they would incorporate more survival aspects to Bethesda games. It's immersive.

The add on modes were ....lacking.

I mean food, drink, sleep, weather and some type of morale should be a staple in an RPG. IMHO of course.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I've seen this probably half a dozen times... It never gets old. They need to do this!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Somethingsamiss
I've seen this probably half a dozen times... It never gets old. They need to do this!!!

D & D & Skyrim had a lovechild, and named it the Alexa Edition?

As much as we're poking fun at it, that might actually be a workable concept if it were fleshed out, lol.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   
So glad I retired my gaming life. Nothing will ever top vanilla WoW. And Diablo 2 for that matter. I've played most of Bethesdas games and after 100plus hours, it just got to be meh. The only thing I ever wanted to do was slaughter all the townsfolk.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
So glad I retired my gaming life. Nothing will ever top vanilla WoW. And Diablo 2 for that matter. I've played most of Bethesdas games and after 100plus hours, it just got to be meh. The only thing I ever wanted to do was slaughter all the townsfolk.

Only 100hrs in Bethesda games? I have 250+ in FallOut 3 alone....

Jin- Mainly what I have the issue with is Bethesda falling in to the big AAA developer slump and losing a lot of respect from gamers the Creator Clud is terrible and they should have never started the paid mods crap as a blatant cash grab. I feel there getting too big for their britches and an online survival flavor for Fallout isn’t the right direction and I have a feeling it’s not going to do too well, and it’s a shame that a company I used to respect is falling in with the likes of EA, Activision, and Ubisoft. Sure they’ve always been fun to laugh at for some of the bugs especially with them releasing all these Definitive Super Mega Editions whilst leaving in bugs that have been in the game since it’s first launch, but they made up for it in the past with the charm of their games.

Happy 4th all.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Only 100hrs in Bethesda games? I have 250+ in FallOut 3 alone....
Happy 4th all.

My point was, it didn't take me 250+ hours to get bored with their games.
And Bethesda has to do what Bethesda has to do to survive. The mobile games market is dictating the direction. And it's pay to win. It's sad but it's the reality. Just wait until they start charging for patches.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Brilliant, been a fan of elder scrolls since morrowind but this has to be the best version yet - when's it out.

Nah joking aside those game's eat up social lives and are too addictive but as soon as the real TES VI is out a lot of us will be once again trying to find an excuse to shirk our real world responsibility's, from what little we can glean it is looking to be set in Hammerfell and Bethesda only released footage of a partial intro scene because of a very negative backlash from long term Bethesda fan's over there decision to take the fallout franchise online and way from it's traditional REAL single player RPB background.

My take on it is this, there best RPG ever was and remains Morrowind, the engine and graphic's, lack of physic's and poor AI stink by today's standards but the amount of content, faction's, quests and places to explore are far from having ever been bettered by ANY of there later game's (it also had by far the best soundtrack of any of there game's), as for the fallout franchise it took Obsidian to show them how to do it and they then never learned those lesson's with fallout 4 arguably not even being as good as fallout 3 which was of course no where near as good as Obsidian's NV.

edit on 4-7-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

My take on it is this, there best RPG ever was and remains Morrowind

Agreed but Oblivion kept me hooked right till the end , never did finish Morrowind although I did kill a dude in a cave which prompted a dialog box telling me this action would have a drastic effect on the world and was I sure I wanted to do it ... I was shocked but killed him anyway.
Never did find out what my action changed but the fact the game would allow me to do that was mind blowing.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Agree'd with you as well, I did finish Morrowind but it was the mod's and far less copyright concerned OLD Morrowind nexus that got me so hooked, they have only got a fraction of the original mod's (For morrowind) since copyright law's became such a concern and modders such as Quarl (the original one) and Ice would simply have been banned today since there mod's had copyrighted music and other asset's.
I think I have that first RPG sentiment though since morrowind was the game that got me hooked on the Genera and before that I was more of a Command and Conquer/Warcraft/Starcraft fan.
edit on 4-7-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join