It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People are their own worst enemy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
My family recently completed a two week vacation in the west. From Rushmore to the canyon.
A beautiful trip everyone needs to do at least once in their lives.
This trip had a stop in utah to see my brother and his wife. She's an animal lover with no kids.
She literally has 23 animals in her home, mostly cats. She is a full time shelter volunteer and fosters.
All she did was bitch about how much work and money the animals take.... ugh.
I would shoot myself in the head if I heard another cat adoption story.

When my wife got back to work yesterday a coworker told about her relationship issues of the past two weeks. Apparently she says she likes bad boys. This woman is 30 years old.
My wife asks how old these boys have to be before they are just bad men. Blank stare.....
This woman still doesn't get it.

I picked up the family Guinea pig from my brother in law on Saturday and his constantly unemployed live in girlfriend "46" was complaining she can't find a job worthy of her abilities. Not her words but it is what she implied. She has a bachelor's degree in some business thing, on line degree of course, and wants to work in her field.
She has tattoos on both hands and a huge one across her chest and wonders why she can't get a good office job. Her work history sucks too so that doesn't help. I lost count of how many jobs she quit because every man wants to sleep with her..
That's when she showed off her personalized license plate on her car.
She had money for that.

I've only been home for a few days and I'm just plain tired of listening to other peoples #ty problems that they bring apon themselves.
The only way I can comprehend these behaviors is that some people are not happy unless they are miserable.

edit on 3-7-2018 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I feel it. Sounds like a royal pain in the ass listening to those particular sad sacks.

We all have complaints. Here, its mostly complaints about lefists (lol).

Personally? I used to complain a lot as a kid. Given, I was relentlessly #ed with and bullied so my complaints were about how most people are soulless husks, but what I did do, was listen carefully. Every time id complain, my parents would reem me for it. I noticed at some point in my mid teens that complaining, especially often, and especially with that teeth grinding tone, and about stupid crap, is a fast way to make no one want to be around you.

These days i try to focus more positively; being pragmatic and solution-based. Seems to make me happier at least.

edit on 732018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

I have sympathy for people with real problems such as your being bullied.
It's the self induced ones that grind my gears.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
My family recently completed a two week vacation in the west. From Rushmore to the canyon.
A beautiful trip everyone needs to do at least once in their lives.
This trip had a stop in utah to see my brother and his wife. She's an animal lover with no kids.
She literally has 23 animals in her home, mostly cats. She is a full time shelter volunteer and fosters.
All she did was bitch about how much work and money the animals take.... ugh.
I would shoot myself in the head if I heard another cat adoption story.

When my wife got back to work yesterday a coworker told about her relationship issues of the past two weeks. Apparently she says she likes bad boys. This woman is 30 years old.
My wife asks how old these boys have to be before they are just bad men. Blank stare.....
This woman still doesn't get it.

I picked up the family Guinea pig from my brother in law on Saturday and his constantly unemployed live in girlfriend "46" was complaining she can't find a job worthy of her abilities. Not her words but it is what she implied. She has a bachelor's degree in some business thing, on line degree of course, and wants to work in her field.
She has tattoos on both hands and a huge one across her chest and wonders why she can't get a good office job. Her work history sucks too so that doesn't help. I lost count of how many jobs she quit because every man wants to sleep with her..
That's when she showed off her personalized license plate on her car.
She had money for that.

I've only been home for a few days and I'm just plain tired of listening to other peoples #ty problems that they bring apon themselves.
The only way I can comprehend these behaviors is that some people are not happy unless they are miserable.

Far too many people simply cannot connect dots or understand cause and effect...

Problem with society today is that people want others to pay for their own personal mistakes... they also can't seem to see beyond the present and plan out a future. Too much instant gratification.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Sympathy/empathy, are probably some of the main reasons why we havent destroyed ourselves as a species, but there are plenty of remorseless, unfeeling xyz-paths out there these days, lurking like parasites.

As far as my complaint complex as a kid, I guess my parents just recognized I was up against an unusually difficult situation, socially, and determined that I really just had to suck it up and more or less forgive people and have faith in "the process", even if they essentially crucified me.

Was a hard pill to swallow for a long time.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

My wife was an emotional child and she remembers the day somebody told her that not everyone would like her.
That realization hit her at the core.
She had a hard time understanding because she was so kind to everyone.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Yes, the instant microwave burrito trophy for losing society is taking a toll on the people.
They have never had to feel the consequences of their actions

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I get you. Sister and bro-in-law are on the road. They constantly have money problems. They also have 3 kids. Sister can't seem to hold down a job. Bro-in-law has one but is limited by what is likely dyslexia (not his fault). Bro-in-law's family are the def of white trash and while he is doing his best ... that mentality has sort of sunk in.

So far, they've totaled two vehicles. Can't pay any of that off. Are dependent on others for transportation. They are into my parents for money for the kids. My parents have told them they keeping a ledger against inheritence, so this will be a grand fight for me.

They could get a car fixed. Folks gave them the money for the parts ... but that somehow never gets done.

Sometimes I don't understand how two people with the same upbringing can turn out so radically different.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I wonder the same thing.

My sister and I are polar opposites in so many ways, I often wonder if im the milk man's son lmfao.

*shrug*

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

We used to have a saying in the Corps..."Marines ain't happy unless they have something to B*&^%h about." Seems legit in the real world after reading your post.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I get you. Sister and bro-in-law are on the road. They constantly have money problems. They also have 3 kids. Sister can't seem to hold down a job. Bro-in-law has one but is limited by what is likely dyslexia (not his fault). Bro-in-law's family are the def of white trash and while he is doing his best ... that mentality has sort of sunk in.

So far, they've totaled two vehicles. Can't pay any of that off. Are dependent on others for transportation. They are into my parents for money for the kids. My parents have told them they keeping a ledger against inheritence, so this will be a grand fight for me.

They could get a car fixed. Folks gave them the money for the parts ... but that somehow never gets done.

Sometimes I don't understand how two people with the same upbringing can turn out so radically different.

Some people just aren't capable of making good decisions. I see it all the time. Constantly doing dumb sh*t that gets them in financial trouble and they just can never dig themselves out of the hole. The thing is even when they get out of the hole, they go back to making the same decisions and wind up back in financial trouble.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I rarely complain, which isn't to say I don't have problems. Everyone has problems, complaining about them doesn't do any good and most people don't want to hear it.

It makes it hard to be around people, especially when all they seem to do is complain. I asked a friend the other day a simple question, he went off into this annoying toned complain fest for like 10 minutes. I realized on the way home that he seems to do a lot of that, and it's becoming more frequent. I thought about not hanging around him anymore(or as much) most of the way home.

It's sad, pointless and just isn't attractive.

People that make stupid choices and then use those as their bucket from which to pull their complaints are even more loathsome to me.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

That's right up there with misery loves company.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

If it makes you feel any better, I'm fine and have nothing to complain about.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

My wife asks how old these boys have to be before they are just bad men.

S&F for this among other reasons!

She is a genius!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I don't mind complaining it's just the self inflicted problems I don't want to hear about.
But I'm glad you're doing fine..

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: wtfatta

My wife asks how old these boys have to be before they are just bad men.

S&F for this among other reasons!

She is a genius!

That's why I fell for her, she gets me...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
God gave us the free will to determine our own destiny. Unfortunately too many squandor their lives due to a lack of ability to think critically. People who are their own enemies ,as was put forward so accurately, typically do not think ahead of their actions. They speak and act as a reaction before forming any thoughts as to the consequences so many steps forward from their present point.

The same type that will read a headline And become instantly outraged without a y actual facts having been presented. They do poorly with relationships because they frequently perceive themselves as always being g attacked for being g truth tellers or because there is no possiblity their perception of actions and events is anything. But gospel. All stem from an inability to think further than their emotions allow after five seconds.

Some can be taught to analyze themselves and develop a respect for the desire to improve their own personalities. Others like my mom, can literally be walked through the definitions and how they represent themselves and still act like they are right, even when the dictionary you have them reading literally illustrates they are wrong .

This is life, not just humans. Even dogs have some you clearly see putting thought I to a situation, while others will stupidly yap yap yap aggressively to an entity that dwarfs it And then be shocked that it was bitten or kicked by someone defending themselves.

Life is funny. Some creatures of the same family and species will stop and think and reflect, others will just charge headfirst into stupidity and believed the entire world is against them.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It is a scientrific fact that more people have self inflicted misery induced blindspotitus than the amount of people that are affected by the Earths gravitational pull, and that 857 percent of the air breathing public suffers from Gold Fish Memory Syndrome.

Fact!

Scientrific fact!

But seriously does anyone want to hear about my problems? I super promise they are totally not my own fault.
edit on 3-7-2018 by karmicecstasy because: "This is all balderdash and poppycock," I say as I trip over my own two feet.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   

A tale of two different outcomes in very similar circumstance merely two weeks

ago.......

My grandson's girlfriend on a day off work went to her next door neighbours to

collect their cat which had strayed over there, only to be bitten on the leg by

the neighbbours dog. Well talk about hysteria !!!! the neighbour took her to

outpatients, she was phoning my grandson at work crying for him to go to the

hospital, (he was brought up very matterof factly and couldn't understand the

hysteria)

However he ended up at the outpatients and the drama continued .......

Three days later his sister met up with a friend who had not long had a

new puppy, and talk about coincidence she got bitten on the hand and

stomach and the dungarees she was wearing were torn. So what did she do?

Texted her mother a picture of the torn dungaree's said she was fine, and

if necessary would check out the bites the next day.

My daughter showed me a picture of her grazing and bruising which looked

so bad that I texted her that it must have been some size 'puppy' to leave

such marks.

A similar tale of two girls ...... one brought up on *drama* and the other

one brought up on *life can be a bitch! deal with it*!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join