It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Virgin Birth - Why Jews didn't buy it.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MatterIsLight

We as Christians believe in a virgin birth, a man who was God allowing Himself to be killed and then rising from the dead and you say we will look like fools
I am thinking we already look like fools

You are right, many push their prideful arrogance, we do that, sorry
But I see that everywhere as well, it's a people thing
No excuse, we shouldn't

But anyway, why this thread if not to insult our faith?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

I agree the whole virgin birth is made up.

Any historical study proves it. The truth is not at odds with christian spirituality. Its just not as fanciful and entertaining as a comic.

Its frustrating to not be able to communicate the real Christ consciousness. Maybe I cant because it escapes me as well at the moment.

I know it doesnt lie in worshiping Jesus, he said not to.

I know Christ consciousness is dedicated to God. I will just start and end with that. Thats my advice.

edit on 7 7 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   

That's not true Glend, by all your caveats and side stepping it's obvious you even know the truth and you are lying

How about Buddha and his book being written 500 years after his death, ignorant?

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

This is why talking to ignorance is foolish and pointless
Corinthians is a letter addressed to the Corinthian believers
But you read it like its addressed to the whole world

It's pointless, you have probably been reading little golden books all your life

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: Raggedyman

Isn't it possible that Buddha was a little golden book written for children by a man who was high as a kite smoking gunja under a bodie tree and someone took it literally

The same has been said about your Christianity - whats the purpose of you insulting other peoples faiths?

You're using the same tactics you use in the evolution threads. It just shows how shallow your thinking is

en.wikipedia.org...

Theories The book relates the development of language to the development of myths, religions, and cultic practices in world cultures. Allegro argues, through etymology, that the roots of Christianity, and many other religions, lay in fertility cults, and that cult practices, such as ingesting visionary plants to perceive the mind of God, persisted into the early Christian era, and to some unspecified extent into the 13th century with reoccurrences in the 18th century and mid-20th century, as he interprets the fresco of the Plaincourault Chapel to be an accurate depiction of the ritual ingestion of Amanita muscaria as the Eucharist.

Allegro argued that Jesus never existed as a historical figure and was a mythological creation of early Christians under the influence of psychoactive mushroom extracts such as psilocybin.[1]

So me questioning a book written 500 years after Buddha died is different and insulting because?
You questioning the bible isn't insulting Christian Faith

hypocrisy in your vocabulary by chance

I am well aware of the biblical is wrong argument, you are welcome to discuss it, I have and will if I desire.
Have had arguments with fellow Christians on this forum about the bible, different view to most

The bible50 to 100 years after the death of Jesus
Buddha was dead 500 years before some one penned his life and you question......

Oh never mind"......

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

What about Jinn?

Apparently, they were created from smokeless fire.

Sounds like a plasma-based life form to me.

Whatever they are, if they don't come with tonic, they can stay away from me.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

That's not true Glend, by all your caveats and side stepping it's obvious you even know the truth and you are lying

How about Buddha and his book being written 500 years after his death, ignorant?

Of cause I know that. So?

added...

Don't get me wrong. I am not putting down Christianity and saying Buddhism is better.
Christianity was growing in Syria long before saul went on his killing spree. I personally think Christianity can be restored to former glory. From Jesus being a GOD to Jesus being a spiritual path. So in effect I am saying stop seeing Jesus riding the pony. Get up on that pony yourself.
edit on 7-7-2018 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Actually, I'm not an atheist per-say.

Billions of question, not as many answers, but then again is that not how it should be?

Trying to understand is what its all really about i suppose.

We seldom get what we ask for, but sometimes, like the song says, we get what we need.

Life is our song.
edit on 7-7-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Thanks for the courtesy Glend
I am pretty content that Jesus was God, in fact I am betting everything on it
As for Christianity being restored, it's always been a broken mess, always will be, it's a human condition, people Christian or not are broken

Yes I am getting on the pony, only becausenJesus invited me to ride it with Him

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think the answers to the questions we need answers to are there, the other ones are not important
Never stop questioning, I even researched a flat earth, just because
I have to have a good answer, not just another persons answer

Trust me, nobody can be trusted
We all make mistakes

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Well "They" cant be trusted considering their agenda, that's a given.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

You might enjoy this

media.themeetinghouse.ca...

It's pretty good I think

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Wonderful to hear tadaman. Yes the truth is not at odds with christian spirituality at all. But I will go one step further and say, it is the only means to achieve christian spirituality.

The message that Jesus died for our sins, blames our loss of spirituality on Adam and Eve. With Jesus sacrificing himself to overcome ancestral sin for all mankind. But Judaism itself does not believe in ancestral sin because that has nothing to do with the message of Genesis.

The story of Genesis is that GOD gave each one of us, choice. We can loose ourselves in the temporary joy of the apple (enjoyment in this physical realm) or we can give up all the joys this realm, to seek permanent joy in the spiritual.

So today's message of Christianity is no better than that of the serpent. It dis-empowers followers from facing their GOD given choice. Jesus made choice for himself and shared his path. So we need to follow his path, not praise the choice/man/god.

Thanks for sharing. Needed it!

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Good to hear Raggedyman. As for Jesus being GOD. We as humans use GOD as a label. But none of us have faintest clue what that label really means. So I cannot agree or disagree, the only thing that matters, that we are on the correct path to spirituality.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   

It is, listening to him now, thanks.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Had a think about the link you sent me. In that discussion he said that enlightenment cannot be achieved by the individual, only for all. The problem with that thinking is then what did the Buddha achieve.

I think he was dancing around another subject but didn't go into details. Basically If we want enlightenment (to be saved etc) from a selfish desire of our ego, it will never be achieved. Because its just another desire that empowers our ego.

In Buddhism there is a practice called Bodhicitta (great love and compassion for all that motivates our spiritual pursuits) that is a path to enlightenment. It warns that we can only achieve enlightenment from a non selfish desire to help others free themselves from their pain. Thus serve humanity.

Jesus embraced Bodhicitta in Christianity. He breathed it every day, he lived. This should be our aim.

posted on Jul, 7 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Yeah I once went to. Japanese Buddha thing with a Buddhist friend just to have a look.
Her beliefs were significantly different to those described, no biggy
Christians have a few (heaps) of different varieties so nothing to difficult to grasp in relation to different beliefs in the one faith

Sound like I am a big fan of that bodhicitta. The Christian perspective, love God, love each other so if you love God you will love others because that's is His desire for us

To love is Godly

I have no issues with Budhist, not a fan af karma but that was explained well
I don't think humanity can stop evil, it's our nature and the consequence of this earth

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

"It is often assumed that when they told the story of Jesus' virgin birth, the evangelists alleged that he was somehow impregnated by God in the womb of his mother and was a "son of God" in the same way as Dionysius who was the son opf Zerus by an earthly woman. But no Jewish reader would have understood the story in this way. There are a number of unusual conceptions in the Hebrew Bible: Isaac, for esample, was born when his mother was 90 years old. A tale of this kindis regularly attached to an exceptional human being to show that the child had been marked out for greatness from the first instant of his life.

The Virgin birth is only found in Matthew and Luke - the other New Testament writers do not appear to have heard of it - but both trace Jesus lineage through Joseph, his natural father in the normal way; Mark takes it for granted that Joseph was Jesus' Father and that he had brothers and sisters who were all known to the earliest of Christians, like the other evangelists, he sees Jesus primarily as a prophet .

Sceptics point derisively to the obvious discrepancies in the infancy narratives, but these did not suppose to be factual and the final redactors felt no qualms about including such contradictory stories. These stories are exercises in creative midrash, their object to show that Jesus' coming was foretold in the Hebrew scriptures. Placed at the beginning of these Two Gospels they give the reader a foretaste of how each evangilist understood Jesus mission.

Like the Hewbrew bible, the New Testament records a wide range of views rather than a single, orthodox one"

If you ever get the time I would highly recommend a reading of Karen Armstrongs, The case for God
edit on 8-7-2018 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Brother in life, my desire is to help the blind to see. As you mentioned, the world is blind, but I am blind also. They are blind by ignorance, and I am blind by God.

I promise you that the scriptures we have today from the bible have been rewritten by those who had no affiliation with Christ Yahshua, and a whole church was developed in Rome upon these doctrines. But historically, that same church had already began in Judea, and afterwards was wiped out from the pages of history by the victors of history, or Romans, who continued building the church upon what is false by means of gaining financial establishment. Many things were added to the doctrine that were not approved by Christ or His apostles. If you choose to investigate this problem, the material is out there for you to advance your knowledge - just begin with searching for the early Jewish-Christian doctrines and see how the Roman church opposed these doctrines in many ways. You can see that the reason for the unapproved additions into the scriptures were obviously for the gain of the Roman state, and also for the traditions of men that had already been present, and the teachings in the doctrine were made easier for a public to follow, and to insert falsehood into the scriptures intelligently as to make blurry the narrow path of Christ, making it more wide and acceptable to the masses.

I was also a believer in the so called miracles of Christ. But when I observed that Christ and his own peoples did not adhere to those miracle stories, and importantly they warned us about the specific individuals that were currently in pursuit of damaging the Nazarene doctrines and infiltrating them with lies (Paul), a story began to unfold which allows the truth to prevail and places blame and guilt upon those individuals who were responsible for corrupting the true original doctrines of the catholic church. Now this type of action has been repeated in history in all different areas as a means to make people ignorant and dominate them psychologically for power, money and control. It is very troubling to realize that the people who gained your absolute faith and trust are really the culprits, but, if you find the Aramaic scriptures you will learn the Truth, which is more powerful than one million false miracles put together, and most importantly you will show God and Christ that you love them by determining what their enemies really were, and we truly want to do that before we meet God.

posted on Jul, 8 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The reason why those horrible greedy repulsive hypocrite "early church fathers" LIED is because they Knew that if the world accepted the true and correct doctrine of Christ and conformed to it, it would mean the end for all worldly GREED and it would put an end to all institutions and enterprises that run the world by Money. No longer would the world be dominated by Money. The rulers of the world Could Not Have That. Until today, the powers of the world Can Not Have That.

So they lied. They lied more. And they lied so much that truth could not be found. And if truth could be found, they disposed of it anyway they could. Therefore in reality, the only Aramaic scripture of the gospel of Christ exists today because it was found in the 19th century preserved by monks in a church in Tibet who kept it from the evil greedy powers of the world for 1,900 years, and even that scripture was still touched by the evil greedy hands of a liar.

I hate these evil people so much, the head of corporations and leaders of fascism, because they erased the holy words of Christ all for the cause of not wanting to give up financial power and ruling the world by accumulating massive amounts of resources and causing more than 90% of the world to suffer by taking all the resources away from them to gain everything for themselves, thus forcing the rest of the world to starve and be endangered from not having enough resources to survive.

It is the epitome of Evil; this earth spins on an axis of evil, and I understand exactly what happened in this hell pit of an evil world that murderous monsters developed and took for themselves - the greedy evil rulers were well aware that if the Christian world knew the true doctrine and words of Christ that through generations everything would shift away from their favor, so they formed the dark ages and kept knowledge away from the whole world, keeping it only for their sweaty greedy fingertips.
edit on 8-7-2018 by MatterIsLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join