It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Central Ak missile ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Driving home this was to the north of me. It's all mountains, but if it was 200 miles away it is in the direction of a base. Pretty wicked looking. ibb.co...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bryan2006
Far more likely to be a jet contrail.
virily.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I don't know how to post pics.

ibb.co...

ibb.co...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
You're posting them just fine.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Idk...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

It's just an aircraft contrail dissipating.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:49 AM
link   

It very well could be, but I haven't seen them like this here. The last time I saw a trail like this was from a kodiak rocket launch and that's the opposite direction.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:50 AM
link   

It's a pretty typical look, around sunset.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I was thinking so. First hot day here in awhile and it makes everything look weird.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:00 AM
link   

No sunset here this time of year. It dips then goes back up šŸ˜‰

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

North of the Arctic circle?
I lived in Oregon for a while. Those days were quite long enough, thank you.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Lat 62. Not that far north, but it is after midnight here and I still see the sun..

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Far too north for me.
Bears and wolves. And really cold in the winter.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Brown Bear season ended on Saturday. I didn't get one. It opens back up aug 10th. Winter isn't that bad it's a good time to explore on a snowmachine

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Lol saw the title was thinking South Central LA, AK47 missile wtf?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Far too north for me.
Bears and wolves. And really cold in the winter.

Iā€™d rather be that north than on the equator I burn far too easily last time I was in HI I got burnt into a crispy critter a plane ride over the pacific is not fun with blistered 2nd degree sun burns, no fun at all. Blast my lack of pigmation!
I too was stumped at the title at first.

It does look like a simple contrail...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If you look at the Jet contrail pics, the older the contrail gets, the further back you go, the greater the width of it, as it disperses. (Does that make sense?)
The 3 pics posted by OP showed a more cohesive stream. I'm thinking that's possible by the faster vehicle (missile/rocket/munition) leaving a longer contrail in shorter time.
Pics 2 & 3 just look like the trail is vertical, while pic 1 looks to be a 45 degree angle, taken from the side.
I'm no scientist/photo expert, just what they look like to me.

You didn't mention wind, general weather, humidity, etc.

My guess it is a rocket of some kind, perhaps even a missile body, but I would discount a war shot, unless it was a practice shot w/ no munitions on board.The contrail doesnt look big enough to be an ICBM sized device.

Aren't there some low orbit launchers where the first stage is basically a super powerful mini jet engine? I do know we have battle missiles like that,

I would personally think a low orbit satellite launch, maybe a weather or comm sat, or atmospheric sensor package, something like that.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson2

That's assuming the same conditions with every contrail. Contrails can stay together pretty tight for awhile under some conditions. We also don't know how old this contrail was when the pictures were taken.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's assuming the same conditions with every contrail. Contrails can stay together pretty tight for awhile under some conditions. We also don't know how old this contrail was when the pictures were taken.

I know...I mentioned OP didn't share info such as wind and humidity.

Look at pics 2 & 3, looks to be dead on shot of vertical launch, not under direct flight line, to me

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It's the perspective. An aircraft heading towards the camera is going to look like a rocket going straight up. From the description he gave of the area, all the launch facilities are the other way.

new topics

top topics

join