It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Salty........About Being Salty

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I find there's a difference to experiencing fireworks, and living in for all the world what sounds and looks like Tel Aviv. When you walk out of your front door, and half expect a news anchor gravely reporting on the current situation... that's not 'enjoyment'.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You sound like my husband.

I enjoy the demilitarized zone my neighborhood becomes for about four or five days, and I go out and buy some small ones for my son.

And I know that since he's about three years older than me, I could tell myself that this is what I have to look forward to in my golden years, but it's been this way for long enough that I know it's his quirk and not something you grow into.

So, yeah, I guess I'll just say you're unfun.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

That's why they suck... LOL. I would rather own my pet then serve them.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Infinitis

So would I,my cat is self cleaning,BUT,she can't sift her own
litter pan,or change her water bowl and fill her num num dish.
Those jobs fall on me or my husband.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
a reply to: mamabeth

Are you trying to make me feel bad? Editing my timeline could cause a quantum collapse.

haha Suddenly, your avatar fits your post !!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: JinMI

I agree. When I first seen fireworks I believed I was witnessing what love is like. After witnessing what love is like, the fireworks are still fun to watch, but the original appeal isn't what it once was.

Ahh.. first love and fireworks.

That first notion of it all. fleeting moments of wonder, till you're on the precipice of it. The anxiety, anticipation of being with her. Before you know it, you're in love. The sky is bursting with brilliant glowing embers, shining down on everything around, with sparks full of colour, and the smoke left drifting in it's wake, a lasting, seemingly unending, moment.

Then suddenly, it's gone, and everyone has left the park. You're all alone, sweeping your feet along the lonely grass, kicking discarded cans aside as you meander, slowly, across an empty field towards the darkness skirting what was once a vibrantly filled area. Now bereft of anyone. And with only the distant dim moon to remind you of what once was, up in the now, solemn sky.

Love.... don't talk to me about love... *shuffles off towards a self congratulating automatic door*

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SummerRain

That was beautifully written!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Around here the fireworks start before the 4th and well after. Yes, it scares dogs and cats and also Vets with PTSD.
I have neighbors who are up really early in the morning for their jobs and don't appreciate it in the least. My cat luckily isn't phased by them.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
Around here the fireworks start before the 4th and well after. Yes, it scares dogs and cats and also Vets with PTSD.
I have neighbors who are up really early in the morning for their jobs and don't appreciate it in the least. My cat luckily isn't phased by them.

One of the vets down the street recently sold his house & moved because he couldn't handle the random fireworks anymore. Old Vietnam vet, tried real hard to get it through peoples' heads that he had PTSD and the fireworks made it hell for him.
He was equally vocal in that he, and as my Gulf War vet hubs agrees, find the Veteran's Day fireworks shows deeply insulting to war vets. An explosive is an explosive to them.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Somebody the next street over has been firing off only biggies for the last 40 minutes, constantly & in very quick succession. That's a lot of fookin' money blown up there.

How's the racket in your neighborhood, Jin? I'd wager close to my neighbors' insane level...

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

When I left for work they were already setting off the loud 'uns.

I work north of the city and can here the barrage!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

When I left for work they were already setting off the loud 'uns.

I work north of the city and can here the barrage!

Hell, they didn't even wait until dusk before they started, I sent my kids to play over at their friend's house a few up the street after dinner (around 6:30/7:00) Kiddo dropped by to ask if they could come over for a while, and people were already lighting fireworks. Me & her stood on the porch a minute trying to see which house it was, and she's all, "That's really dumb, the sun's still up! Nobody can see them!" My thoughts exactly, kiddo

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Exactly. I rolled outa bed around 4:30 to the sound of them.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Fireworks in neighborhoods suck.
Houses too close.
Cars too close.
Too much noise.
Too much drinking.
Fire risk.
I don't need to smell gunpowder in my back yard.

edit on Tue Jul 3 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Houses too close.
Cars too close.
Too much noise.
Too much drinking.
Fire risk.

It would be fantabulous if people could agree this wasn't an ideal way to play with the boom-boom toys and worked to designate some isolated county park somewhere as an official Boom-Boom Toy Playground of sorts.

I would totally support that concept, except you just know some stupid bastard would end up starting a massive firework brush fire at one.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Public land for private displays likely won't happen.
The municipality would be liable.

Let's face it, many places already have public displays.
So, unless you live out in the country, be satisfied.

Don't you think the ONLY reason they are so easy to buy is that .....RETAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mamabeth
a reply to: MisterSpock

I'm a married woman,I'm suppose to be subservient.

I'm sure that was a joke.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe
Houses too close.
Cars too close.
Too much noise.
Too much drinking.
Fire risk.

I wouldn't mind it so much if I didn't have to do hours of 'thunder therapy' with a shaking terrified dog.

Then the next day, clean up little burned remnants off my lawn and out of my pool.

Ugh.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Took the youngin out to a spot near the airport that has provided space and excellent views.

Got kicked out 15 mins before dusk.

Happy independence day.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join