It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul receives REAL death threat, deranged scum arrested

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Could have very well been non political, as threats were in the past about a neighbor(though news said, registered Dem-may or may not be part of the reason for what happened) dispute.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

A true liberal showing his spots,throwing a fit because he couldn't have his way,they show no remorse yet beg for sympathy,no care for a common core family,no wonder people hate liberals

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: toysforadults

Why does the left not like them now??

There is nothing in the article that says anything about the perps political leanings. The OP even admitted to simply inferring it.

This thread is actually just another excuse for the Right posters to have a circlejerk abusefest against "those lunatic lefties". It is not a thread simply to report an attack on Rand Paul.

Perhaps you missed this part of the OP:

I personally hold all sides responsible for the rhetoric getting out of hand. Particularly the media, both left- and right-leaning

Understandable, what with the defensiveness and all.

When I posted that the title of the thread ended with "Deranged Leftist Scum" to which you have now deleted the "Leftist" part. Are you hoping to somehow make it seem like you never titled the thread like that?

No, I edited it because Byrd pointed out it was misleading, and I agreed. I even noted I edited it in the OP. I'll note that I edited the title too. And that doesn't address the parts I quoted that you just replied to, those didn't change.

Anything else you want to be wrong about tonight?

Want to keep ignoring the fact that my post was referring to the title as much as the OP? "Deranged LEFTIST Scum" was how you put it, and my post dealt with that. You can try and backtrack all you want but that's how you originally wrote the thread and title.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I agree, it is pathetic. All round, by all parties, all sides, all denominations. Whatever happened to being able to argue like hell about a topic (religion, politics, whatever) with someone, and.....- here's the radical bit - go for a beer or whatever with them afterwards?

It seems these days that if you do no agree with something that someone says, they become your "mortal enemy". That's social media, making us all think we are super important.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

Why does the left not like them now??

There is nothing in the article that says anything about the perps political leanings. The OP even admitted to simply inferring it.

This thread is actually just another excuse for the Right posters to have a circlejerk abusefest against "those lunatic lefties". It is not a thread simply to report an attack on Rand Paul.

Perhaps you missed this part of the OP:

I personally hold all sides responsible for the rhetoric getting out of hand. Particularly the media, both left- and right-leaning

Understandable, what with the defensiveness and all.

When I posted that the title of the thread ended with "Deranged Leftist Scum" to which you have now deleted the "Leftist" part. Are you hoping to somehow make it seem like you never titled the thread like that?

No, I edited it because Byrd pointed out it was misleading, and I agreed. I even noted I edited it in the OP. I'll note that I edited the title too. And that doesn't address the parts I quoted that you just replied to, those didn't change.

Anything else you want to be wrong about tonight?

Want to keep ignoring the fact that my post was referring to the title as much as the OP? "Deranged LEFTIST Scum" was how you put it, and my post dealt with that. You can try and backtrack all you want but that's how you originally wrote the thread and title.

I'm not ignoring anything. You're ignoring the fact that I acknowledged my mistake, corrected it, and even added the fact that I corrected it to the OP. I wasn't trying to mislead anyone. I also called out both sides in the OP, and you ignored that because you wanted to cry that it was just another attack on the left, without addressing the actual threat of a physical attack on the right. Sad.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I don't see where the perp's political orientation was mentioned. Where's a source that says the person threatening him is a liberal (or independent or Republican or right wing or whatever)?

It doesn't. I inferred that from this quote:

“The whole country needs to take a step back. Look, I never have had a cross word with Democrats. People need to not think our political differences have to end in violence,” Paul said.

Why would he say that if he didn't think political differences had something to do with it? I'll change the wording to "it appears". Thanks for your contribution.

In context, he is talking about the breakdown of dialogue in America. The man could also be a conservative with an unusual viewpoint (a man who is not... quite...balanced) or simply someone who blames job/family/friend loss on Rand Paul.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

A true liberal showing his spots,throwing a fit because he couldn't have his way,they show no remorse yet beg for sympathy,no care for a common core family,no wonder people hate liberals

Nowhere in the article does it state the man's political leanings. He could be a resentful worker who lost a job and blames one of Paul's policies. We've seen this kind of dangerous and angry outbursts before... and it's from people with no particular affiliation (as well as both right and left wing.)

We don't know that the person is liberal or even if they don't bother themselves with politics. We do know that he's got some sort of imaginary grudge.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join