It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rand Paul receives REAL death threat, deranged scum arrested

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
ABC

You gotta give this guy credit, he has a lot of courage. He's already been attacked by two deranged leftists, once at the baseball field with Steve Scalise and once at his home, and now it appears he's been threatened by another, and he is still chugging along.

Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul said police have arrested a man who threatened to chop up his family with an ax.

“This man had threatened to kill me and chop up my family with an ax,” Paul said during an interview at a Rotary Club event in Kentucky.

This # is getting out of hand. Recently Maxine Waters says she was threatened. Congressmen have been attacked. I personally hold all sides responsible for the rhetoric getting out of hand. Particularly the media, both left- and right-leaning, who are supposed to be "unbiased" and have been stirring people up into a frenzy.

“I can’t go anywhere without security. I can’t even go to church without being worried about someone being there," Paul said.

“The whole country needs to take a step back. Look, I never have had a cross word with Democrats. People need to not think our political differences have to end in violence,” Paul said.

ETA: The man's motivations haven't been confirmed, although I think it's safe to say Paul wouldn't have referenced political differences if he thought this was random violence. I originally called the perp a deranged leftist in the title. I'm putting this note here to alleviate massive butthurt that ensued.
edit on 2 7 18 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I personally hold all sides responsible for the rhetoric getting out of hand

I hold the media responsible.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Rand was against Obamacare so that means he's a mass murderer.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

I personally hold all sides responsible for the rhetoric getting out of hand

I hold the media responsible.

I have a question.
Are the major media outlets foreign owned. Seems like the major players for talk shows have a non-American accent.
I believe (not that I watch TV, I hardly do) they are spreading poison in the minds of weak-minded Americans.
I can see where now the politicians will need protection, just like in Mexico.
Is America doomed?
Maybe as we know it today.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I know Rand's uncle, Wayne, personally.
They are good people.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Rand was against Obamacare so that means he's a mass murderer.

That's the kind of out of hand rhetoric I was referring to. Last year, not long before Hodgkinson shot Scalise et al, Sanders and a few other nutjobs were out there telling everyone that the Republicans were killing people. Anyone surprised?

The media pretended they were appalled when Scalise got shot, for like 2 days, and then they went right back to it.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Leftists are losing.

They have the media, they have a platform a stage, but no message other than hate.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I don't see where the perp's political orientation was mentioned. Where's a source that says the person threatening him is a liberal (or independent or Republican or right wing or whatever)?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I don't see where the perp's political orientation was mentioned. Where's a source that says the person threatening him is a liberal (or independent or Republican or right wing or whatever)?

It doesn't. I inferred that from this quote:

“The whole country needs to take a step back. Look, I never have had a cross word with Democrats. People need to not think our political differences have to end in violence,” Paul said.

Why would he say that if he didn't think political differences had something to do with it? I'll change the wording to "it appears". Thanks for your contribution.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I say they need to create background checks, and mandatory waiting periods, and TESTING to vote.

It's for the politicians people.

Works for gun control.

PEOPLE CONTROL!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What's up with the attacks on the Paul family?

these guys are real Americans by voting record and rhetoric.

Why does the left not like them now??

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

How about mandatory education levels and IQ test

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
What's up with the attacks on the Paul family?

these guys are real Americans by voting record and rhetoric.

He's a libertarian, so he's even more dangerous than the Republicans. He's just all around for freedom.
edit on 2 7 18 by face23785 because: Took out mean part

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

There is nothing in the article that says anything about the perps political leanings. The OP even admitted to simply inferring it.

This thread is actually just another excuse for the Right posters to have a circlejerk abusefest against "those lunatic lefties". It is not a thread simply to report an attack on Rand Paul.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
I say they need to create background checks, and mandatory waiting periods, and TESTING to vote.

It's for the politicians people.

Works for gun control.

PEOPLE CONTROL!

Ahh, so in your "perfect" world only educated people get to vote. Disadvantaged and less educated people don't get a say.

Riiiiight. Yet, I assume, you claim you don't advocate for dictatorship in America?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

Yep I am perfect.

I don't want to kill/Harm another person because of political beliefs.

As per the Declaration of Independence, and that GD piece of paper called the US constitution.

ALL men are created equal, and get EQUAL protection under the law.

And for the record.

Someones Sarcasm detector must be broken.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

There is nothing in the article that says anything about the perps political leanings. The OP even admitted to simply inferring it.

This thread is actually just another excuse for the Right posters to have a circlejerk abusefest against "those lunatic lefties". It is not a thread simply to report an attack on Rand Paul.

Perhaps you missed this part of the OP:

I personally hold all sides responsible for the rhetoric getting out of hand. Particularly the media, both left- and right-leaning

Understandable, what with the defensiveness and all.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Kryties

Someones Sarcasm detector must be broken.

OK, so I reread it and yeah I somehow misread it the first time. I blame tiredness and distraction for that error, I'll own that cock-up and I apologise.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

I personally hold all sides responsible for the rhetoric getting out of hand. Particularly the media, both left- and right-leaning

When I posted that the title of the thread ended with "Deranged Leftist Scum" to which you have now deleted the "Leftist" part. Are you hoping to somehow make it seem like you never titled the thread like that?

edit on 2/7/2018 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

When I posted that the title of the thread ended with "Deranged Leftist Scum" to which you have now deleted the "Leftist" part. Are you hoping to somehow make it seem like you never titled the thread like that?

No, I edited it because Byrd pointed out it was misleading, and I agreed. I even noted I edited it in the OP. I'll note that I edited the title too. And that doesn't address the parts I quoted that you just replied to, those didn't change.

Anything else you want to be wrong about tonight?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join