It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Introduces Resolution Calling for Maxine Waters’ Resignation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Kharron
Easy, let's just give Trump the power to fire representatives like he can fire the judges now.

Then we just have to work on removing the term on the presidency.

What judge did Trump fire ?

You missed this ruling that opens up that door:

Supreme Court Hands Trump The Power To Fire Thousands Of Judges

Scary, huh?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Unfortunately Andy Biggs is a white male so he is obviously a racist, sexist pig.

Andy, why don’t YOU apologize for being male and white, followed by your resignation???

PIG!

/sarc

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Easy, let's just give Trump the power to fire representatives like he can fire the judges now.

Scary, huh?

Any President "can"
The Supreme Court Ruling just set it in stone. Because a lower court's judgement was appealed

edit on 7/2/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Scary, huh?

Any President "can"
The Supreme Court Ruling just set it in stone. Because a lower court's judgement was appealed

That sort of means exactly what I said, doesn't it?

The law is now in effect and the President can fire judges.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: 727Sky

I wish they would introduce something that has her explain how she owns a 4.3 million dollar house on her salary.. IMO the only way you can get rich by being a politician is to be a crook. She has always been a poverty pimp but I never thought it paid that well..

Her Husband is a Banker.

💥😨💥

Didn't she shift millions of taxpayer dollars to hubbies bank because it's failing? Conflict of interest much?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Rep. Maxine is elderly. It is easy to see her mental acuity, clarity slipping. Nothing whatsoever wrong with that as it can happen to us all.

Sadly it's embarrassing to watch her on National Television and I do feel sorry for her. I do not wish her ill will.

I do blame her advisers and her handlers for using her like this.

Politics is scared to death of the voter. Our vote terrifies them. Politics will try anything to subvert the power of the vote if it is against their ideologies. They are using this lady. I truly feel sorry for her.

I hope the vote helps carry her out of politics and returns her to her home and her true friends and family.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

How about Congress get to work fixing immigration or heathcare?
Something to actually help our nation?

Her actions are leading to violence and the loss of what little civility still remains in our society. She needs to be censured.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: 727Sky

I wish they would introduce something that has her explain how she owns a 4.3 million dollar house on her salary.. IMO the only way you can get rich by being a politician is to be a crook. She has always been a poverty pimp but I never thought it paid that well..

Her Husband is a Banker.

💥😨💥

Didn't she shift millions of taxpayer dollars to hubbies bank because it's failing? Conflict of interest much?

Cheers - Dave

That she did which I'm sure is one of the reasons she's being asked to leave....

Its one thing to voice dissent..,....

Its absolutely another to advocate for riots and say you would take out the president yourself, from your political pulpit......

Her and pelosi need to go

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Scary, huh?

It isn't scary that Trump could potentially fire them, what's scary is that a lot of current judges have begun completely abusing their positions and legislating from the bench without congress first making the required "legal adjustments". That and the US constitution to them has become something they can simply ignore and just begin rewriting it to fit their whim.

Judges SHOULD be able to BE FIRED when they act up and become their own private banana republic.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

What makes you think that’s in their interest?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Maxine needs to STAY!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

Her actions are leading to violence and the loss of what little civility still remains in our society. She needs to be censured.

Which accomplishes what exactly? It is a formal statement of disapproval. Aside from wasting time they could use to solve actual real world problems?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

What makes you think that’s in their interest?

your right....nevermind then.....

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Which accomplishes what exactly? It is a formal statement of disapproval. Aside from wasting time they could use to solve actual real world problems?

Censure would tell the public that the rest of Congress does not condone her actions.
It might also warn other reps against being an idiot.
But I don't think it would make Waters sorry, or change her behavior.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Censure would tell the public that the rest of Congress does not condone her actions.

We need congress to tell us that "officially"?

It might also warn other reps against being an idiot.

As vile as I think she is, she is still entitled to freedom of speech, or is it against the law now to act like an idiot? If so most of congress better watch out.

But I don't think it would make Waters sorry, or change her behavior.

So then, aside from not having to work on real problems what is the point?

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
I hate all speech codes.

It’s not congress job to control speech

No, but it is Congress' job to police their own, and it's definitely NOT a congressperson's job to tell citizenry to harass people simply because they have opposing political viewpoints.

In fact, that's rather illegal for her to do--it's not quite the level of "sedition," as some have claimed, but it's not legal to put out a call for harassment.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Honestly, with people like Waters, official and public shaming for their actions will mean little--and that's why she should resign and let someone who might actually care about civility and looking like a POS when they call for harassment during a public speech take her seat so that maybe we can filter out these political cancers.

And be honest--congress doesn't even solve any real-world problems, they generally just make them worse and make the process harder. Maybe some of us look kindly on congress policing and reprimanding their own when they act like this.

No one said that you have to like it, but just because you may not does not mean that there aren't those of us who appreciate it. I mean, how much time and effort do you really think that this resolution is going to take from Congress' productivity?

Probably less than having to deal with the backlash from Waters' comments in the first place.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   

She will scream I bet, and deranged lefties will buy, and the lefty media will report 24/7 that she was fired because she's black. That will allow her to use the race card until the midterms. Lefties aren't very bright, and they'll eat it up with a spoon. The spineless Republicans will then apologize for looking racist, and slink away with their tails between there legs. We've seen this moving before.

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Oh boy
Now she has witches powers to make others fo things?
So Congress officially doesn't like her.....so what?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join