It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Introduces Resolution Calling for Maxine Waters’ Resignation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well now we have a bill in the House of representatives that calls for Congresswoman Maxine Waters to resign !!

It's actually a "Resolution" and it has several points.

The sponsor wants the resolution to censure and condemn Waters, as well as a resignation !! 😨

She made several feisty and threatening remarks that triggered this Resolution.

Congressman Introduces Resolution Calling for Maxine Waters’ Resignation

A new resolution was introduced in the wake of comments by Rep. Maxine Waters (D-Calif.) in which she called for supporters of the Democratic Party to harass Trump administration officials in public.

In the past few weeks, three members of the Trump administration have been heckled and kicked out of restaurants over their political affiliation.

On June 25, Rep. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.) introduced a resolution to censure and condemn Waters for her violence-inciting comments.
H. RES. 962

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

How about Congress get to work fixing immigration or heathcare?
Something to actually help our nation?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I hate all speech codes.

It’s not congress job to control speech

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Easy, let's just give Trump the power to fire representatives like he can fire the judges now.

Then we just have to work on removing the term on the presidency.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

How about Congress get to work fixing immigration or heathcare? Something to actually help our nation?

How about stay on topic. If you want to talk about healthcare or immigration, start a thread.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

This is about a member of Congress inciting hate, harassment and violence in an attempt to silence the free speech of those who have a differing point of view.

Congress is not the one controlling speech. Maxine Waters was the one attempting to do that.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I would love to see her resign or be kicked out.

Such a resolution tough would be a double-edged sword that either side could wield freely.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I wish they would introduce something that has her explain how she owns a 4.3 million dollar house on her salary.. IMO the only way you can get rich by being a politician is to be a crook. She has always been a poverty pimp but I never thought it paid that well..

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

getting Maxine out will help our nation more than both of those..

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

There is also a second resolution. The other one calls for censure but does not mention expulsion. I believe they did both in the hopes that at least one of them will pass, and she will at a minimum be censured.

Both resolutions have been submitted to the House Ethics Committee.

H. RES. 966

(1) the House of Representatives does censure and condemn Representative Maxine Waters for her intolerable response to the policies of the Trump Administration on June 23, 2018, for her quest for hostility and violence, and for her uncivilized remarks about President Trump, officials of his administration, and those who support his administration;

(2) Representative Maxine Waters forthwith present herself in the well of the House for the pronouncement of censure; and

(3) Representative Maxine Waters be censured with the public reading of this resolution by the Speaker.

Referred to House Ethics 06/26/2018

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Such a resolution tough would be a double-edged sword that either side could wield freely.

Please define "sides". If you are talking about GOP v Democrat Party...I would say it makes no difference. If you mean White Hats v Black Hats...that is a different thing entirely. I'm almost certain the White Hats would like her to remain exactly where she is, for maximum effect on the public at large.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Political theatre is awesome sometimes!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

That's what I say !!

😃

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

I wish they would introduce something that has her explain how she owns a 4.3 million dollar house on her salary.. IMO the only way you can get rich by being a politician is to be a crook. She has always been a poverty pimp but I never thought it paid that well..

Her Husband is a Banker.

💥😨💥

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Sad, long time ago Maxine Waters did try to do some good things. For example, she called out the CIA for drug smuggling back in 1998.

As the saying goes "You either die a hero or live long enough to become a villain."

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Shouldnt they take out the trash , first ?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SocratesJohnson
I hate all speech codes.

It’s not congress job to control speech

It is for hate speech...

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
Easy, let's just give Trump the power to fire representatives like he can fire the judges now.

Then we just have to work on removing the term on the presidency.

What judge did Trump fire ?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

She would have to be drug out kickin and a screamin

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: 727Sky

Her Husband is a Banker.

💥😨💥

Her husband is a Loser.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join