It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Group Of Panama Monkeys Have Entered The Stone Age

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

No surprise.

Gorillas even know sign language. Its true.

edit on 722018 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12

I thought this was old news. That said I also remember them already saying same or similar species in other areas are slowly starting to do the same thing. This may not be well sourced but they were going on about DNA and how it stores information and has a sort of memory in laments terms. They were researching the collective consciousness of animals and why they are finding some species learn something and its a matter of months or less than a year a similar or same species on a separate continent start doing the same.

Perhaps virus particles could convey information? What if viruses are really inter-cellular messages that were in transit when the host died. Then they spread across the environment instead?

Could these monkey individuals be doing this in secret so they get extra strong from the additional nutrition. They wouldn't want others to know. Going by all the human litter in the background, did they copy humans?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Dave Matthews
The Proudest Monkey:
m.youtube.com...

Lyrics:
"Proudest Monkey"

Swing in this tree
Oh I am bounce around so well
Branch to branch,
limb to limb you see
All in a day's dream
I'm stuck
Like the other monkeys here
I am a humble monkey
Sitting up in here again
But then came the day
I climbed out of these safe limbs
Ventured away
Walking tall, head high up and singing
I went to the city
Car horns, corners and the gritty
Now I am the proudest monkey you've ever seen
Monkey see, monkey do

Then comes the day
Staring at myself I turn to question me
I wonder do I want the simple, simple life that I once lived in well
Oh things were quiet then
In a way they were the better days
But now I am the proudest monkey you've ever seen
Monkey see, monkey do
Monkey see, monkey do
edit on 2-7-2018 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-7-2018 by Onlyyouknow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Just wait till that group of monkeys figures out they bash other monkeys skulls as well as coconuts and crabs.

That's an interesting thought.

I wonder if any tool using animal, other than man, has realized that their tools can be used to enhance their war fighting abilities?

-dex

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   

There was a great video on YT taken from David Attenborough's nature shows from 2008/09. The Capuchin monkeys used an 'anvil' rock to place the nuts on and crack open with small rocks. The anvil rock was so beaten and worn that experts believe the monkeys have used the site for centuries. It was all set to the Nutcracker Suite and thankfully I ripped a copy before YT took it down.

The best part is towards the end when a jaguar comes for dinner. The monkeys climb up a cliff and appear to have stones waiting on the edges. They push the piles down at the big cat which flees at once saunters off to look elsewhere.

If the piles were already prepared (big if) it showed greater abstract thought and pre-planning than bashing nuts.

ETA - same video, different title...

edit on 7.2.2018 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Perhaps it must become our role and destiny to assist other species in their development, or else when we go extinct, it will all have been for nothing.

edit on 3/7/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Perhaps it must become our role and destiny to assist other species in their development, or else when we go extinct, it will all have been for nothing.

No, no!

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Article from 2015 goes into more details.

These stone tools were wielded by chimpanzees, capuchins and macaques. The sites where they have been unearthed are the basis of a brand new field of science: primate archaeology.
Source
Of course, not new news nor isolated. Interesting nonetheless.

a reply to: sooth

I don't see it considering seems like now days primates may never have the chance to evolve even a tiny bit further let alone replace humans.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
*Flings poo at avatar*

Hello Zippy.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Up next: Mastering fire, I'm really looking forward to this.

posted on Jul, 3 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Only the males are doing it?

Its the beginnings of Patriarchy, we had better ship some pussyhats down there and educate the local female monkeys.

They only get 75% of the food and they do all the grooming!

posted on Jul, 4 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DexterRiley

originally posted by: pavil

Just wait till that group of monkeys figures out they bash other monkeys skulls as well as coconuts and crabs.

That's an interesting thought.

I wonder if any tool using animal, other than man, has realized that their tools can be used to enhance their war fighting abilities?

-dex

Jane Goodall observed chimps using, I believe it was spent metal containers though I can't recall the type, to enhance the volume of their dominance displays. They used them in place of tree limbs to terrify the other chimps.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell
hmm that seems far out but if DNA can hold so much information I can't say viruses could not hold information. However say if that's the case wouldn't each disease have the same information until it evolves like bird or swine flu. The basis seems possible but the rest of it seems far fetched or you are trying to screw with me.

posted on Jul, 21 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
That makes plenty of sense. Yes the African ones is the ones I previously had seen and the fact that shortly after it happened in America. I may have missed the part where they said they could have been doing this for the past 700 years.
I think Dolphins and octopuses are next in line myself. This is with little research just from what I have learned and documentaries.

posted on Jul, 26 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomthoughts12
That makes plenty of sense. Yes the African ones is the ones I previously had seen and the fact that shortly after it happened in America. I may have missed the part where they said they could have been doing this for the past 700 years.
I think Dolphins and octopuses are next in line myself. This is with little research just from what I have learned and documentaries.

We came from the sea, through evolutionary processes, why not return to to the sea.

All I know is I will not be around to see that happen, if that's the case.

posted on Jul, 27 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Why are there almost never such pronouncements for non primates?

Ravens and crows have been building and using tools to solve a whole host of problems and sometimes for no other purpose than to play and have fun.

When are these birds gonna get a huge pronouncement for entering the stone age? They are doing a whole lot more with tools than these monkeys.
edit on 7/27/2018 by Puppylove because: Grammar

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join