It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul tweets racist cartoon, faces backlash

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Ron come on bud, for once it seemed we were on level with many of the current issues and then you had to go do this:

Former Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) on Monday tweeted, then deleted, a racist cartoon depicting minorities with exaggerated features punching Uncle Sam.

The cartoon features a Jewish man with a hooked nose, a black man with exaggerated lips, an Asian man with slanted eyes and a man who looks like a neanderthal punching Uncle Sam and yelling “Cultural Marxism!”

“Are you stunned by what has become of American culture?” Paul said in the tweet. “Well, it’s not an accident. You’ve probably heard of ‘cultural Marxism,’ but do you know what it means?”

Paul later on Monday said a staff member had posted the cartoon.

Source

Here's the cartoon posted:

Of course Ron blames a 'staff member' for posting the cartoon. Gosh he just seems to have a bad run in with people taking on his identity and posting racist things under his name ya know? Many of you may be aware of Ron's history and the various allegations mounted against him of racism. There were the revelations of the racist newsletters baring his name which Ron blamed on a ghost writer he hired, the ghost writer yet to be identified to this day. then there are his associations with various white nationalist groups and the support he'd garnered from them over the years.... support of which he's lost considerably to Trump and other GOP candidates given he's out of the whitehouse game. Maybe that explains this cartoon? Maybe?

A number of observations on what Ron posted... firstly the flag of communism? Are we still in the cold war? What's the deal with the individuals depicted? I didn't know the Chinese were taking over? Jews, blacks and hispanics? Not good at all.

Ron reminds me of my dear old uncle..... I mean I love him but he's clearly out of his generation. I'd often tell him to take a nap when he gets off his rockers..... maybe Ron should do the same?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So when doz ze book burning start?

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK

Who said anything about book burning? That's an incredible attempt on your part to excuse what Ron posted.

Jesus H Christ.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hmmm, I wonder who created this climate, where all this racism and hatred are acceptable?
Isn't it all so... grotesque, but oddly endorsed by a certain group of people.

Going back in time..................

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

wth?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
In on book burning thread let's take all the bad books and burn them for progress.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

grotesque, but oddly endorsed by a certain group of people

are you on a different planet or earth?? just curious...

also who cares people make mistakes he probably doesn't think with a victim mindset so it's not obvious to him and he's old as #

wahhhhhhh Ron Paul is now racist. god give us a break

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:24 PM
link   
But is he right?

Is flooding the country with Mexicans and central Americans who will vote for your policies political cultural marxism?

He is spot on to what is going on across several countries right now.

Is that racist?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
Ron come on bud, for once it seemed we were on level with many of the current issues and then you had to go do this:

Former Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas) on Monday tweeted, then deleted, a racist cartoon depicting minorities with exaggerated features punching Uncle Sam.

The cartoon features a Jewish man with a hooked nose, a black man with exaggerated lips, an Asian man with slanted eyes and a man who looks like a neanderthal punching Uncle Sam and yelling “Cultural Marxism!”

“Are you stunned by what has become of American culture?” Paul said in the tweet. “Well, it’s not an accident. You’ve probably heard of ‘cultural Marxism,’ but do you know what it means?”

Paul later on Monday said a staff member had posted the cartoon.

Source

Here's the cartoon posted:

Of course Ron blames a 'staff member' for posting the cartoon. Gosh he just seems to have a bad run in with people taking on his identity and posting racist things under his name ya know? Many of you may be aware of Ron's history and the various allegations mounted against him of racism. There were the revelations of the racist newsletters baring his name which Ron blamed on a ghost writer he hired, the ghost writer yet to be identified to this day. then there are his associations with various white nationalist groups and the support he'd garnered from them over the years.... support of which he's lost considerably to Trump and other GOP candidates given he's out of the whitehouse game. Maybe that explains this cartoon? Maybe?

A number of observations on what Ron posted... firstly the flag of communism? Are we still in the cold war? What's the deal with the individuals depicted? I didn't know the Chinese were taking over? Jews, blacks and hispanics? Not good at all.

Ron reminds me of my dear old uncle..... I mean I love him but he's clearly out of his generation. I'd often tell him to take a nap when he gets off his rockers..... maybe Ron should do the same?

I find it funny that people think he tweets this stuff himself....

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I just can't muster any faux outrage for this stuff anymore.

We get it...everyone and everything is racist.

/yawn

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian

Who said anything about book burning? That's an incredible attempt on your part to excuse what Ron posted.

He's right. No excuses. Anytime someone brings this stuff up they are accused of racism by the left. It's their knee-jerk response to any criticism that goes against the politically correct fiction that everyone really wants peace and harmony when they actually wish us harm. Jesus H Christ yourself.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I don't see how this is racist? Does truth equal racism now? When does the book burning start, we don't want to keep anything that looks or feels racist even if it factually occurred in history.

The route these people are going just keeps getting worse by the day.

Truth is the new counter culture apparently.
edit on 2-7-2018 by WarPig1939 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Hmmm, I wonder who created this climate, where all this racism and hatred are acceptable?

Race baiter's. That's who.

Of course it's social acceptable to be bigoted against republicans,rich people,gun owners, corporations, and ceo's.

They drew an imaginary line in the sand with it comes to a manufactured group that can change their address to anywhere in the world, and be called another 'race'.

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Aww, I wish I could at least say "nice try", but sadly, it can't be done.

Maybe you can try again later, when your brain fog clears up

edit on 7/2/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
In on book burning thread let's take all the bad books and burn them for progress.

Obama can start it by lighting up his library, followed by the Clintons. It's the next step after taking hammers to all their Blackberries.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Pearl clutching at it's finest. Think of the children!

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: snarfbot

Oh like gun burning we all affectionately call gun control?

+8 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What's racist about it?

posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Is this point on-topic, or off topic? How does it apply to this thread topic?

And more importantly, where is DTOM?

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If you recognize ethnic stereotypes in that cartoon you must have a racist mind.
Otherwise you would just see people instead of intent.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join