It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I catch the flu or worse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I came to visit my sister in NJ this weekend, we went out to a bar on friday I had wings and corona, as soon as I came home I felt sick, her husband gave me some alka seltzer which made me run to the bathroom and yak.

From 10 until 4 I was puking, I got the chills a fever and the next day I had a sore throat. I slept all day yesterday to see if I could sweat it out of me, which helped because today I feel fine just a minor headache, sore throat and my chest hurts when I laugh or take a deep breath.

I was going to go to the hospital yesterday but I wasn't sure if it was an emergency or not.

I had chinese food also during that day and sampled different kinds of chicken they had there so maybe that was food poisoning? because my sis and me split the wings at the bar and nothing happened to her, the chinese food however, was just eaten by me, they ate something different adn when I puked the chinese food came up.

I hope i'm ok, funny too because i jinxed myself before I came over here, I told bri i'd probably get sick because the babies were, and I did, just didn't get it from them.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Sounds like food poisoning. Get checked out ASAP! What exactly did you have? Anything raw meat?

[edit on 20-2-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think it was chicken. I was trying different kinds at the restaurant, pepper chicken, peanut chicken and some other chicken.

Right now it hurts to take a deep breath or laugh and my throat is sore.
Everybody thinks I caught a tad of the flu, if I don't feel better tomorrow i'll go get checked, i'm 'kinda' worried I might have food poisoning but I don't know what the symptoms are.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

Right now it hurts to take a deep breath or laugh and my throat is sore.
Everybody thinks I caught a tad of the flu, if I don't feel better tomorrow i'll go get checked, i'm 'kinda' worried I might have food poisoning but I don't know what the symptoms are.

From the sounds of it, it could be a bit of both.
Influenza doesn't generally cause vomiting in adults, but is a respiratory illness, which could account for it hurting to take a deep breath and a sore throat.
Do you have a cough?

As for food poisoning, check
this out. It has a really good list of different bacteria and viruses you can get from food and related symptoms.

Hpe you feel better soon.

posted on Feb, 20 2005 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Par,

I don't have a cough, just chest pressure, i'm thinking that part of the soreness is due to me throwing up 6 hrs hrs straight (on and off), i'm going to check to that link out now. Thanks!

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
well my ma got what ; had today when she went home... she's throw'ng up all over the place...

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Did your Ma eat the chicken as well? If you both ate the chicken most likely you got it from the Chinese food. If only you ate the chicken and didn't wash your hand before cooking for her, then you probably gave it to her.

If you got food poisoning from the Chinese food then they are probably handling raw chicken then handling cooked chicken. If you think it was the chicken I would see a doctor to confirm it. Just so that place gets some crap for making you guys sick. Even if you don't see a doctor you should phone the health inspector. Provided of coarse that you believe its the chicken making you sick.

Here is a site about Salmonella.

posted on Feb, 21 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
She wasn't here when we went to the restaurant.

I think we got it from the babies, touching door knobs and toys ect, I went out and bought clorox wipes today and disenfecting EVERYTHING they probably touched, I think we got the norwalk virus because first it was the babies then my sis and her husband, then his ma, then me now my ma. So something must of been left on the faucets or door knobs in order for all of us to contract it.

I have a sore throat today and thats it, my moms at home with the chills, puking still, hope she'll be better tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 22 2005 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Yea, I think its a rare flue you get sometimes thats real bad which can lead to phnemonia (spelling).

Its like one minute you have chills, the next your hot? thats a terrible flue I got 3 years ago which is not fun at all, and my dad just got this two weaks ago, and he
almost went to the emergency room.

Hope you and your mom get better,

God bless.

posted on Mar, 28 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I just got over the flu (I think) a few weeks ago.

Symptoms:
coughing, drainage, fatigue, unregulated body temp (massive overheating without sweating no matter how much I drank).

My mom caught it later and it developed into a severe sinus infection, bronchitis, and possible pneumonia.

My girlfriend caught it and had the same symptoms as I did.

The funny thing was that they caught it without me being the carrier. I hadn't seen either of them for over 2 weeks.

Many of my classmates caught it as well. Their symptoms were generally like mine so I think it is probably a flu.

new topics

top topics

join